Transformer Super Thread 6

Great! Thanks people. :-) I guess i might get mine from HLJ.com... whats the chance of it appearing in stores in Australia?

The Hasbro USA Wal*Mart exclusive edition will be a Toys'R'Us exclusive here.

These images from a 'test shot' auction show it having missiles and Dr. Archiville. It says 'hidden missiles' on the side of the box but I can't see any direct reference to Dr. Archiville.

I sure hope that's the Dr. Archiville we get, because that Dr. Archiville is painted!

The iced voyager Megatron also has annoying spring loaded feet with no locking mechanism whatsoever. I like the ice(love translucent plastic), but the feet are the main annoying dissapointment. Other than that, the automorph, and the articulation are solid, I like it.

Shin, I've thought about getting this toy so i thought I'd get some info on it. What exactly do you mean by the problem with the spring loaded feet? Do they unintentionally deploy in jet-mode or do they refuse to stay extended in robot-mode? Also, what and where is the automorph? A friend of mine said this toy doesn't have an automorph. :huh:

Anyway, tnx in advance for info you can provide

Everything is included, they are packaged attached to the wings on the hasbro version in package.

Are you sure about the Archeville figure? I'm still not convinced since it doesn't appear anywhere on the box.

Shin, I've thought about getting this toy so i thought I'd get some info on it. What exactly do you mean by the problem with the spring loaded feet? Do they unintentionally deploy in jet-mode or do they refuse to stay extended in robot-mode? Also, what and where is the automorph? A friend of mine said this toy doesn't have an automorph. :huh:

Anyway, tnx in advance for info you can provide

Are you sure about the Archeville figure? I'm still not convinced since it doesn't appear anywhere on the box.

The feet refuse to stay extended in robot mode. The automorph is in the upper body, once you fold the torso into place, the head, arms, and waist move into place in unison and lock solidly into place(prior to this they are not as secured). The feet move up the ankle ice shards but since its minimal I'm not sure if you would call that automorph.

Archeville is included with Starscream.

Checked the local Wal-mart for possible new TF stock - since the shelves have been bare the last month or so. They finally got some new TF stock .... unfortunately, it was all "old stuff" from previous lines ... like Cybertron and Classics!! They even had the 20th anniversary DVD Optimus Prime figure for $69.99. WTH??? I did pickup a Cybertron Voyager Soundwave - I missed him the first time around.

:ph34r:

And still no news TF movie line figures. Except for the real gear wave 1.

<_<

Edited by Vermillion21

Its pretty empty around my area (SF Bay Area) as well on the Movie toys. Pretty much anything good is all gone. Though heard from other TF boards that new stuff started to show up in some stores in different places. So maybe they'll be restocked soon with the 2nd wave stuff?

All I have is the Leader Prime. But not sure what else to get that can get on par with its scale and quality. The deluxe just felt too cheap, while the Leader Megatron just look ugly. Unless they have a metalic Leader Megatron repaint later, I might consider. A metallic Voyager Megatron with white ice is supposed to show up soon. That one looks very nice. Much closer to the look of the Movie. Too bad its too small to match my Leader Prime...

4059746c36f2159563.jpg

A few days ago Wal-Mart restocked. Ultimate BB, Dreadwing, that's all I saw.

I am not sure why we get 2 Dreadwings per assortment(most obvious shelfwarmer IMO), but perhaps that's why.

Transformers restock is so slow lately that I am about to go ebay....

I wish I could see a Dreadwing. I'd pick him up.

:huh:

My walmart did get a few new things in like the Ultimate BB, but, Frakking Spiderman 3 is STILL taking up a good portion of the isle <_<

Tell me about it ... along with Pirates crap .... WTF???

Now that I've looked at Ultimate BB, I think it looks rather cheap, and not worth the $80-90 that he's priced at. I'm just going to wait for the smaller version.

Me too ... all I want is the Deluxe version of the Camaro Concept 09.

:mellow:

Bonecrusher is the worst shelf-warmer I've seen in years. EVERY store---from 2 to 10 Bonecrushers, and nothing else. Was like that for weeks.

Really, I don't know why he's such a shelf warmer. I picked him up a while back, and he's a fun little transformer. Perhaps his shelf warming ability is due to his very very short screen time?

I don't know why Bonecrusher is a shelf-warmer either. No obvious flaws in the toy, actually appeared on-screen (and heavily featured in trailers). Maybe he just makes up like 60% of the case assortment?

At the stores I usually go to here in the Omaha area, a lot of the Transformers movie toys have vanished during the last few weeks. Can't even find a Bonecrusher. :p Did see the Ultimate Bumblebee at a Wal-mart on Sunday for $79.95.

I don't know why Bonecrusher's been a shelfwarmer, he's a decent figure IMHO. A month ago there were tons of Bonecrusher's at all stores (along with Swindle) ... now there's friggin NO movie toys anywhere.

WTF Hasbro!!!! Restock supplies already ....

:angry:

I actually think Wreckage is the best looking deluxe out of the bunch. Unfortunately he got no screen time in the movie at all, and the colors they selected for the toy is bit odd (even though red, white and grey is one of my favorite colors combo). Too bad the scale is totally off, way too small for a tank, and I just want to focus on Leader size. Soooo close picking up one of these. But even he is nowhere to be found now.

Feel like Hasbro is hurting its sales with the sucky distribution. Rather than riding the hype of the movie(start dying down now) and keep the toys available, they are gone everywhere when people want to buy them the most (right after seeing the movie). Not a lot of kids/parents will drive around and check the stores from time to time just to see if things get restock or new waves have arrived, especially when there are no specific dates on the releases or restock.

My walmart did get a few new things in like the Ultimate BB, but, Frakking Spiderman 3 is STILL taking up a good portion of the isle <_<

Chris

On the upside, it's pretty easy to take the Doctor Octopus claws from the figure in that Spidey line and carve them down a bit so they'll give your Voyager Starscream or FAB Megatron actual hands.

I agree, Wreckage is the best of the TF Movie Deluxe molds I have so far.

^_^

I dislike him heavily, and most of that has to do with the colors, especially the red. And I had enough of that translucent weapon nonsense from the Energon line. Having it in the chest only makes it worse. The weapons always look so much better when they're solid and metal colored. Even the Target Energon repaints' weapons look better with the translucency diminished.

Hopefully they'll repaint it into something that fits a little better with the movie line's aesthetic. If he was put out as he was originally concieved, that'd be right up my alley.