Attempt at an American Gundam series

Keith

"hurt my soul" is not warning enough. It's like being run through with a pike and calling it an "ouchie" :lol:

I don't know, I think it pretty thoroughly explains the level of spiritia pain this clip delivers.

I saw this POS at Anime Expo's Gundam panel this year, and I have the good news. The clip you saw is all that was ever made. No network was stupid enough to buy it.

It is astoundingly bad, even for early '90s Saturday Morning cartoons, which were the nadir of the artform.

(Then again, if Char's red Zaku is 3x the strength and speed of a normal Zaku, does that girl's pink Mobile Suit get 1.5x the speed and strength? Also, does anyone else find it patronizing that the kid in the wheelchair becomes the [i can't bring myself to say that ridiculous name] equvalent of the Guntank?)

reason they canned the show was because people kept complaining about the non exsistent character development, overuse of rehashed combat scenes, to many flashback/heres what happened up till now episodes, and of course no one could really figure out if the main characters where the main characters or if it still focused on the old main characters.

And how come the black kid has to be paraplegic?

Ah, 1991... it was a good year for 3ft tall robots that fight with hockey sticks and bubble gum.

Seriously, though... it's like they took awesome giant robots, and said, "Now how can we make this show as crappy as possible? I know, let's shrink them, add cheesy cliched characters, and have them use the now-shrunk robots use the lamest weapons possible to fight other, more retarded robots and their robot chicken that lays eggs that hatches more robots that belong on the short bus!"

Seriously, though... it's like they took awesome giant robots, and said, "Now how can we make this show as crappy as possible? I know, let's shrink them, add cheesy cliched characters, and have them use the now-shrunk robots use the lamest weapons possible to fight other, more retarded robots and their robot chicken that lays eggs that hatches more robots that belong on the short bus!"

You can't blame them for the shrinking the SD Gundam ovas predate this.

I'm looking at my PG Rx-78-2 and trying not to weep...that is without a doubt the most horrible thing I've ever seen. I can only hope to GOD that Graham doesn't spot this thread, he'll never let us Gundam fans live this one down...

Watching this hurt my soul :)

I was honestly thinking, prior to watching the clip, that it can't possibly beat Korea's Space Gandam V.

How disgustingly naive I was!

As soon as I saw the title Doozy Bots appear, and heard its braindead jingle, they made me feel that Sponge Bob Square Pants would be a more worthy show.

Or even Teletubbies.

The person responsible for that title and the series was obviously smoking something far worse than pencil shaving...

*shudder*

Edited by John Focker

wow..the wheelchair guy and the other dude just went flying through the goal post...

I think I'll try to get some sleep tonight. Maybe Ill get better tomorrow...

LOL, that part got me too. I was thinking: "if these guys are bada$$ enough to jump clear over a goal post--and one in a wheelchair no less--then, they don' need no stinkin' robots!"

Edited by reddsun1