Knight Rider the Movie (and Series)

wolfx

This is the ugliest damn thing I have ever seen in my life.

Knight Rider used to be a show with a sleek and amazing car. Now this looks like it was made by the worst episode of Pimp my Ride ever. I don't have the words to describe this monstrosity. It's not rice...it's when terrible American designers in horrible chophouses in L.A. try to imitate rice and make it even worse. The regular design is bad enough, but this? What does it do? Blow up speedbumps before it hits them?

knightriderattackkitt0ib4.jpg

This should have been KITT

kr5zk9.png

And the classic...

kr2qs6.png

Edited by ComicKaze

Wow. Just wow. Phenomenally bad taste. It's probably got a 6-cyl. Wasn't one of the virtues of the original that it was (slightly) stealthy in appearance? The Camaro-based concept looks a million times better IMHO.

BigF, wtf is that in your post? A Princess or one of its ill-bred brethren? :lol:

Edited by Hiriyu

Wow. Just wow. Phenomenally bad taste. It's probably got a 6-cyl. Wasn't one of the virtues of the original that it was (slightly) stealthy in appearance? The Camaro-based concept looks a million times better IMHO.

BigF, wtf is that in your post? A Princess or one of its ill-bred brethren? :lol:

Austin Alegro. Basically a Princess with different bits on. They were crap in the 70's but now they have cult classic status be case they all rusted and got crushed. So...If you have one they are sort after aparently

This is the ugliest damn thing I have ever seen in my life.

Knight Rider used to be a show with a sleek and amazing car. Now this looks like it was made by the worst episode of Pimp my Ride ever. I don't have the words to describe this monstrosity. It's not rice...it's when terrible American designers in horrible chophouses in L.A. try to imitate rice and make it even worse. The regular design is bad enough, but this? What does it do? Blow up speedbumps before it hits them?

AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*pictures not quoted to save space*

That car is a JOKE. People should contact [is it NBC?] en masse and tell them so, vehemently. Looks like an incredibly rice-ified POS knock off of the MFP Pursuit Special [certain design cues, anyway]. <_<

Does look like someone had a few vouchers for the Automart and bought a load of customizing bits, before they even decided what car to use.

"dont worry guys we'll make it all fit...."

Totally missed the point of Kitt. The sort of car you can park in the lot and it wont get noticed except by all the low lifes who want to steal it.

May as well have used a J.C.B and pimped that.

JCB-3CX-Backhoe-K.jpg

Edited by big F

You guys are aware that it doesn't look like that all the time, right? That's just the attack mode.

That's the attack mode? I was thinking attack mode with arms, and legs........ :huh:

• 1 month later...

Episode 1 of the series just ended. And I have to say that if you hated the TV movie, you'll probably hate the series even more. Here are the highlights of the episode (SPOILERS):

- KITT not only transforms into the hideous Attack Mode, he also transforms into a Ford F-150.

- When an attack helicopter fires a napalm missile at KITT, Michael and Sarah have to do a striptease to survive the increasing temperature.

- BTW, Sarah looks so much hotter with straight hair. :wub:

- We're introduced to other key characters of Knight Industries. First, there's a computer geek. Then There's an Asian girl fluent in 9 languages who is constantly hitting on him.

- Mike Traceur is dead. He's now taken his father's name - Michael Knight.

- And now, the show's become a ripoff of The Bourne Identity, as it involves the protagonist dealing with memories of a past he can't remember.

Is it just me, or is Kilmer getting worse at being KITT? And yeah, Attack Mode is an eyesore. And the plot makes no sense.

But the preview for the next episode looks promising. Death races in the desert? That's pretty much what the old Knight Rider show was about.

i've decided I'm just not meant to see this show. Every time I even think about watching/dvr'ing it for later, it always winds up magically being after the thing broadcasts. :)

Ok, I just watch a bit of streaming episode...why can the car transform into a truck? Into ugly pimped up mode I can kinda understand, but a truck??? This show seems more like a lowtech way to exploit transformers movie kitchyness than to do a knight rider show.

Edited by Keith

why can the car transform into a truck? Into ugly pimped up mode I can kinda understand, but a truck??? This show seems more like a lowtech way to exploit transformers movie kitchyness than to do a knight rider show.

Thats exactly what I was thinking.

~" oh look there goes the band wagon.... let's jump on it"

Next they'll re-image the A-Team and have a talking Van or something like that.

Edited by big F

why can the car transform into a truck? Into ugly pimped up mode I can kinda understand, but a truck???

Because the premise of Knight Rider is as dumb now as it was back then, although "back then" none of us knew any better. Like Axl says, "some things would be better, if we'd all just let them be...."

Is it just me, or is Kilmer getting worse at being KITT? And yeah, Attack Mode is an eyesore. And the plot makes no sense.

Is it still Kilmer? It didn't sound like him in the episode.

Zoe, the Asian girl who "hits" on her co-worker (more like harrasses him - she'll proposition him and then basically say, "Just kidding!") is amusing. The FBI agent from the movie (Sidney Poitier's(sp?) daughter) could turn out decently though it's still far too early to tell. But the rest of it looks forgettable.

KITT's psychotherapy sessions with his passengers get on my nerves...

And a note to NBC - Remember Bionic Woman? The remake of an old show from a few decades back that added all sorts of conspiracy goofiness and shades of grey that weren't in the original series? Do you know where it is now?

That's right! It got CANCELLED!

Is anyone paying attention over there?

• 3 weeks later...
Because the premise of Knight Rider is as dumb now as it was back then, although "back then" none of us knew any better. Like Axl says, "some things would be better, if we'd all just let them be...."

Have to generally agree with that sentiment, but 10-15 year old boys were the primary target demographic for that show, how could I resist. Its the same as when I watch old episodes of Buck Rogers and absolutely cringe. What is also amazing about a lot of those 80's shows when you watch them now, its easy to notice how padded out they were. Clearly the scripts were not that well written.

The truly terrifying thing is that recently I have been having a Star Trek:TNG retrospective and I have been finding that I am enjoying it more now that what I did when I was in my early 20's when it was first coming out. The reason has to be that I fit more into the target demographics of that program now. Like a friend said to me, when you are younger, you want something like starship troopers.

Taksraven

I'm with Hitler on this one: that car is a brick on wheels. Why they had to turn the sleek graceful Cobra into another chunky muscle car (with all due respect to areaseven who's obviously into muscle cars)?

As for attack mode, with all the holes and speed bumps that car wouldn't survive five blocks in a chase here in Mexico City,.

• 2 months later...
So, does anyone still care about this series? Despite all the backlash and low ratings, NBC still continues to keep the show afloat. This month, the new season kicks off with three key characters being killed off. Yawn.

I'm almost shameful to admit that I enjoy this show. It's ham-handed, cliched, very predictable... and yet, rediculously entertaining. There's been some minor arcs, minor character development, and hints of larger stories in the works. Call it a guilty pleasure if you must, but I still find myself watching it every week :)

So, does anyone still care about this series? Despite all the backlash and low ratings, NBC still continues to keep the show afloat. This month, the new season kicks off with three key characters being killed off. Yawn.

This show is awful. Now there's going to be an evil transformer or some arch rival in the series..ugh

A preview was shown during the NFL playoff games on Saturday.

I'm almost shameful to admit that I enjoy this show. It's ham-handed, cliched, very predictable... and yet, rediculously entertaining. There's been some minor arcs, minor character development, and hints of larger stories in the works. Call it a guilty pleasure if you must, but I still find myself watching it every week :)

Yeah, actually, both my wife and I are starting to like it. Some episodes have been better than others, and I think the changes that they're making by getting rid of some of the characters is for the best (hopefully they'll also announce that they're ditching their underground bunker base for a tractor-trailer). But honestly, if you ignore the fact that the concept is kinda cheesy (so was the original), and then just accept that it's NOT the original, there's a sub plot running through the whole season that's getting good, and the two techs are starting to become better characters than the main ones.

I just saw the TV-movie last week. I think it was pretty good. Hopefully they will air the series here as well. The new KITT is pretty cool, with the nanobots and all, making Super Pursued Mode more interesting than the 'extendable' car in the old show. One thing bothered me though... The villains were after them in a helicopter. Perhaps this was a 'homage' to the old 80's style action TV series, but they showed three different helo's... Major misstake, and something which isn't necessary anymore.

This show is awful. Now there's going to be an evil transformer or some arch rival in the series..ugh

A preview was shown during the NFL playoff games on Saturday.

I saw that trailer too, my first thought was Michael Bay was hired to boost ratings. I was enthusiastic about the new show when it premiered but lost interest after the first episode. KITT lost some of his charm now, like how he can transform into other vehicles like a truck and etc. As for his personality, I liked how Joel McHale from E!'s The Soup summed it up:

"No, I asked for anti-lock brakes, not passive-aggressive douche airbags."

And where's the Hoff?

• 5 months later...
Who in here is glad this show is over? The final episode aired on March 4. On May 19, NBC announced they will not renew the series.

That definitely is good news.

It proves that if it doesn't have The Hoff, it's not Knight Rider. Not even a Transformer can save it.

Who in here is glad this show is over? The final episode aired on March 4. On May 19, NBC announced they will not renew the series.

That definitely is good news.

The bad news is that NBC also decided to cancel My Name is Earl. :angry:

Not me. I mean, yeah, the show was full of cheese, but I grew up watching the original, which was just as cheesy. I'm not surprised they canceled it, though. I know I was in the minority, and KR had to be one of the more expensive shows to produce.