Recently purchased 1/60 YF-19 with fold booster A few QC problems

SuperHobo

Ah, but you pagan fanboys weren't exactly staying put from not listening to forgetting your personal breakage incidences... I told what I can on this 2nd release. The rest is up to you.

? :huh: 12 th transformation of the 2nd edition and 22nd one of the 1st so far no breakages. What are you talking about? I've never said anything about a YF-19 breaking. Really I would like to know where I said one was broken.

:)

BoB isn't referring to you specifically, Kensei, he's referring to the metaphysical you, which is an embodiment of all yamato customers. So, when any yamato customer suffers a broken toy or disapoint, we ALL suffer, and by "we," I mean BoB.

My complaint of late has been not the warnings, its those that havent got the toy or who see uppcoming stuff and assume it will be crap. I forget who it was who had their 19's arm break in the middle somewhere, but it wasnt long ago. he posted sayign he had a new problem for us all: The arm broke off! the next STACK of posts were all "Og god, a new QC nightmare for all the 19's!" Which isnt true! It was a one off, an Isolated incident.

When i forst got Colossus from marv el Legends, his hand twisted off at the wrist. i sent itback, got another and the new one has been fine since. i dont count how many times ive swivelled the wrist. i didnt hit Fwooshnet and start talkign about how all Colossus's would have weak wrists.

now Yamato, to me, has had to major MAJOR QC issues in its toys; The shoulders on the Zeros, and the Shoulders on the Garland. The Garland Shoulders, I dont know anyone who had one and transformed it who DIDN'T have the shoulders break on them. the Zeros, its probably like 90% or so with the shoulders. these are seriou concerns and should be addressed by Yamato (And were on the Garland) and people should know whats going to happen to these toys before they buy them.

Ya know what, it's okay. I've done my part of giving my hands-on information. You people talk as though everyone is listening to me telling them not to buy at all, when all I did was offer a warning.

Thats crap. Mowe got his new Shin type and offered a warning. Psychodynamix got his Zeros recently and expressed disappointment and a warning. There are countless others. hell, all 4 of mine have weak shoulder problems, and look hard enough and u will find the thread about what happened to my first zero A right out of the box. these are warnings. And u have done a few of those as well. but in between u just like to try and find people enjoying their toys, or enjoying upcoming stuff and slam them down. New pics of the 51 get released, and people are all talkin about how cool it is. What did you say?

Um, before you all start jacking off at the purty picture, just check out the latest VFOs replacement arm developement post by odr78 on page 9 for a little reality check, please.

Really? The Zeros have shoulder problems? i hadn't heard! Really, what did this accomplish? Did you really think people who frequent here havent heard about the problems? that maybe we missed it? And even assuming you wanted to deliver a warning in case someone saw the pics and decided to pre-order not knowing about the zeros QC problem, why go about it in a snarky way?

In the past when I and otehrs have said things like this, u usually respond with somethign about not having to change how you write, or having every right to post hre, and that's all true. You CAN say what you like, and post where you like. None of us can stop you. this post won't stop you either, and you will put me down as another yamato suck up or fanboy or drone or whatever you want to label me as. That's fine. but sooner or later this place will change and people will stop coming as much. How many times can we all look at threads about how poo the toys we purchased are? How many people really want to spend their leisure time, not discussing the toys they love, but the toys they hate. teh mistakes they made over and over aagin. it'd be like going to an ex girlfriends to watch her have sex with the guy she dumped you for; Sure, u could if u like, but what does it gain you?

the neckpiece on the 19 broke omn some peoples toys. On some there were stress marks. id say that at THE VERY MOST, 50% of the people who bought em had that. I think thats being generous. e all had the wonky gunpod; that sucked. The loose shoulder flaps and wheels also were mistakes, and near as i know on every 19 this was a problem. Some fixed it, some ignored it. Most just moved on. the new 19 seems to have fixed the wheels, Shoulder flaps and gunpod issues. the neck seems to still affect some toys, but not all. those are the facts as i have read them. lets just post that as a sticky somewhere, along with the thing about the zeros shoulders and move the hell on!

Really, what are we waiting for? Has anyone even seen Graham in awhile? I seem to remember he was going to do some reviews, unless i missed a message somewhere that never happeend! I know i read a message awhile ago where he stated openly that the toy forums were no fun anymore....maybe he's just sick of nothing but complaints. i know i am.

Long rant i know, and I'm sorry. But i have loved these damn jet toys since I first got a jetfire, and i sure as hell love the ones i have. ive had lows with them, but thnen ive had lows with other toylines as well. But you know what? At the end of the day i still collect these things, and until I have kids or something equally as dramatic happens, I'll keep getting them. ive nearly got all the 48's i want, im gonna grab a Fp 19 and its getting harder to say no to the 51. And then I'm going to come here to talk about how cool my stuff is and show some pictures.

What about you? what are you here for?

I'm here to tell you all how I "suck" at transforming the 1/60 YF19, slam Yamato, piss on people like you and me for being weak and simple-minded for jacking off at purty pictures when we should REALLY be counting how much we're paying these fvckers to make subpar toys that we revere so much. Now piss off, you DESPERATELY need to work on your metafors before you come back. :lol:

Edited by Beware of Blast

Now he's reverting to insults. Clearly he is on a witchhunt. :lol:

Eugimon, perhaps we can appease this god of quality toys by weekly offering a Yamato employee as a sacrifice? After all, they personally make the toys and make sure every one of them is stuffed up in some way or another before shipping them out to us.

Perhaps though gentlemen, all he needs is a big hug.

Edited by kensei

The only thing I can say is instead of only complaining about something being broken, is to do something to fix it! Contact the distributor, and if that doesn't work contact Yamato directly. Stand up for yourself!! The people who only complain on and on and never do anything to solve it are really only looking to ruffle another's feathers. Don't waste your energy arguing with them. It's better to use that time and energy contacting someone who can fix your toy. It worked for me.

Now he's reverting to insults. Clearly he is on a witchhunt. :lol:

Eugimon, perhaps we can appease this god of quality toys by weekly offering a Yamato employee as a sacrifice? After all, they personally make the toys and make sure every one of them is stuffed up in some way or another before shipping them out to us.

Perhaps though gentlemen, all he needs is a big hug.

Do you really think that would work?

BoB, we of the great Macross Collective give you a hug! *hug* ^_^

I just got my 1/60 YF-19 FP yesterday.

beside the very tiny stretch mark on the neck beside the screws just like my 1st edition.

First problem, the rear canopy would not close completely, but I eventually found that the small nubs that help locking the canopy close is too thick and too long. I sand it down quite a bit and it is now a bit better. (Though I accidentally scratched the canopy during the process) :(

Second problem, the left wing rear nub won't insert into the leg section in fighter mode. I think it is the hole in the leg that is too thin. I haven't tried fixing it as I'm afraid I would accidentally make the hole too big.

Third problem, the head section doesn't sit as flush down as the 1st edition in fighter mode. I have no idea why, and I did fold the back pack up to allow more room.

Fourth problem, the shoulder and elbow is so floppy in battroid mode, the arm keep flopping down when it is holding the gun pod. (Any fix?)

Fifth problem (Missing Items): My box does not come with the green fold booster attachments. Therefore, I cannot attach the fold booster at all. I contacted the store that I bought it from and they are currently trying to get me the missing parts.

I bought it for 220 dollars and comparing it with my first edition, I can only see the fixed landing gears as my new gun pod is still loose in fighter mode. May be the factory found a 1st edition gun pod and decided to give that to me instead.

IMO, the QC on my 2nd edition is worse than the QC on my 1st edition.

Disappointed purchase.

I'm happy with my yamato products... so far. I've had no real issues where I can't play with them or transform them. My VF-0Shin is nice, so there's no problem there. My VF-0S had some excess glue on the head and some small stress marks on the shoulders, but that doesn't stop me from transforming him. I just loosen the shoulders and disassembled the thing, yanked on the head and scrapped away the excess glue... lol (yea it's not what some of you are thinking, even though it does!).

I got spare head replacements parts (a couple sets of shoulders, heads) coming from HLJ. Yea I paid for them, but its only because I've had an extra VF-0S sitting in the box from BBTS and thought I should have the extra shoulders for future reference if I'm ever to open it!

Hell when I get the spare heads in I'm going to take apart the one I currently have, fix it and maybe drop some LEDS or run up some fiber optic lighting and post a how to thread/reply here somewhere on the forums. I just paid for the parts like 15 minutes ago, so they should be here in about 2 or so weeks.

I'm happy with my expensive Yamato toys. Toys are toys... they eventually break if you play with them too much. If they break right out of the box do what majority here would say: contact the distributor, then the company, if not then fix it yourself if you can. If you can't be successful on any of those then you're always going end up upset over it. If you don't want to be upset by any of it at all then stop playing with toys. I can guarantee you that you will be upset with something that you get or do in life. Me? I try fixing it instead of ranting about it and yea I may show a little disapproval/disappointment, but that won't stop me from trying to have fun with whatever I can get out of it. lol XD

I was unhappy with the first release of the VF-0S, therefore I screwed Yamato by selling off mine to people that wanted one and didn't mind that it was the first edition, and they were happy, but it prevented Yamato from selling any further.

Damn that sucks... ychanus. who was the distributor you bought your product from? Maybe they did a swap or took parts out of your box?

I bought it online from a store called HobbyWorld, I'm not sure what distributor they use but they usually only have a couple in stock.

That is what I hate so much that Yamato NEVER seal their box (1/48 and the new 1/60), so I don't know if anyone just take the parts from the box and pretending it came like that.

I bought it online from a store called HobbyWorld, I'm not sure what distributor they use but they usually only have a couple in stock.

That is what I hate so much that Yamato NEVER seal their box (1/48 and the new 1/60), so I don't know if anyone just take the parts from the box and pretending it came like that.

i also worry that when i buy a yamato, that i could be buying someones POS broken one that they switched out.

thats why you gotta go with a reliable seller and not some stranger with a decent price on ebay or something. sometimes its worth paying a bit more for peace of mind.

http://hobbyworld.aoshima-bk.co.jp/eindex.asp

This is the site I bought it from, and they have many decent deals. I'm not sure how long they have been around but I have been ordering from them for 2 years and package at least once every 2 months with zero problem so far. Mostly MG kits, Bandai toys and 1/43 completed model cars.

This is the first time I bought Yamato product from them, and I can't exactly blame them on the YF-19 FP as they might not be the one switch or steal my parts. However, they are now helping me to get the missing part by the way.

Edited by ychanus

Well guys I was the one who started this thread and with some tips from a very helpful person named AlphaOne I was able to turn in my YF-19 with fold booster with some QC problems for a brand spanking new one. This time it is QC free. Thank god. Some people might rant on www.TISINC99.com, but too me any company willing to give you a free brand new item in exchange for your broken one is a good company in my book. B)) If anyone else has experienced a problem with their YF-19 try exchanging it with your distributer and see what they say. I'm glad MW exists.

First problem, the rear canopy would not close completely, but I eventually found that the small nubs that help locking the canopy close is too thick and too long. I sand it down quite a bit and it is now a bit better. (Though I accidentally scratched the canopy during the process) :(

You can use some fine modelling compound to polish the scratched clear part ^_^

Good that the problem was resolved. Anyone else with problems? Reviews, impressions, warnings of fragile areas etc would be appreciated. Eventually I'm going to get all the macross plus stuff. Like the monster I'm just going to leave it alone displayed in a favorite mode though.

If the SV-51 turns out to be durable I will consider first release purchase if I have the money.

And to think i went ahead and preorder the 1/60 SV-51 without waiting for reviews. Really taking a huge leap of faith banking on the releases of the SV-51, which are so close to each other, faults on either releases would affect the sales of the other drastically.

I find the YF-19 (2nd version) is really almost close to a 90% perfect toy with the remaining 10% due to design/stress issues or factory assembled problems. Its on par with the 1/48 and defintely better than that of the 1/60 VF-0S/A

Edited by recon

I think the VF-0A Shin is the best so far. I reckon the VF-0S was a lemon, due to its clunkiness, the CF was an improvement, but the Shin was up there. I'd give it 75%....good but not quite there.