Recently purchased 1/60 YF-19 with fold booster A few QC problems

SuperHobo

Hi. I'd like everyone to know that I'm new to the MW forums, but I'd like to share a little something about my new 1/60 scale YF-19 with fold booster I recently purchased at anime expo. When I got my YF-19 I immediately opened the box up to check for any QC problems and the good news is I didn't see any yet. The gunpod is now straight and the neck didn't have any stress marks. For when I transformed it I saw a QC problem found on the hands. For the right hand had a pretty big stress mark on the thumb. When I flipped the hand outward I didn't use any brute force at all so I couldn't have possibly caused that to happen. I'd also like to mention on the left hand the metal swing cylinder to keep all the fingers intact just slipped out causing all the fingers to slip out even though I can easily put them back in, but that shouldn't happen. In addition the top cover for the right hand also just came off probably due to a insufficient glue. Otherwise if not for the hands the whole toy is pretty solid and looks and fits accordingly. I would like to know if anyone else who purchased this item had the same problems I did. Please so share if you have any QC problems with this new item. If you guys want to see any pictures just let me know.

Hey and welcome.

I don't have one yet because I didn't want to walk around AX with a box that big.

Out of curiosity, do you remember the vendor you bought it from?

I was thinking about buying it from a vendor who was AX that has a booth at Frank and Sons, but if that's where you got it from then I'm probably going to skip it.

Thanks.

Hey, isn't tisinc the shop that sucks and rips people off? I avoided even looking at stuff at their booth, since I could swear they were the ones that screwed over a number of MW members. :p

Sucks to hear that your 19 had some qc problems superhobo (love the name by the way XD ).

Hey and thanks for the praise for my name. :D Although if you say this company has screwed over people before then I'll try to stay away from this company then. I've bought my first VF-1S from them before with no problems,but what are some of the things this site has done to screw people over before? Please let me know.

They may be rip offs but i dun think they are intentionally selling broken toys to people. This is most probably a QC issue. Isolated or not remains to be seen.

Hey Super Hobo,

Yup Treasure Island. They are a vendor at Frank and Sons.

sorry about your 19, but thanks for the info.

They may be rip offs but i dun think they are intentionally selling broken toys to people. This is most probably a QC issue. Isolated or not remains to be seen.

Yeah, but at the same time if I know someone got a piece with QC issues from a particular vendor, I'm gonna steer clear of it and hopefully find one from a different batch from a different seller.

Edited by chowyunskinny

My new YF-19 with booster arrived in the mail today. While Yamato fixed the landing gear and the gunpod... This is not an improvement over my first 19. The new one is even sloppier. The port side canard will not remain in position and the metal pin for the elbow was pushed out.

How about a toy that I do not have to re-assemble and repair straight out of the box.

My new YF-19 with booster arrived in the mail today. While Yamato fixed the landing gear and the gunpod... This is not an improvement over my first 19. The new one is even sloppier. The port side canard will not remain in position and the metal pin for the elbow was pushed out.

How about a toy that I do not have to re-assemble and repair straight out of the box.

you mean models? :huh::lol::mellow:

buying a yamato is like buying a car where they charge you extra for the tires.

It seems that no matter how much Yamato tries to fix problems on their toys they just create new ones. Honestly whatever happened to when you open the box for a toy and the toy would be in perfect condition and would have few to zero QC problems. Even to this day companies such as Hasbro with their new Transformers movie line managed to make detailed, well painted constructed toys without all the fuss. Honestly paying $220 for a so called "high end" toy that has a broken or poorly made part is a HUGE let down for consumers. I think everyone on MW forums would agree with me when I say Yamato please get things right the first time otherwise lower the price on items that have disturbing faults on them. I still think Yamato makes some of the best representations of the valks in Macross till this day, but for some reason good quality control on products are just to hard to come by these days.

I just received my YF-19 Fast pack, and I looked over the toy. To my horror, I saw stress marks on the OUTSIDE of the neck/fuselage section (right below the canards, where it fits into the battroid chest section). I'm so peeved because I spent over $200 on this and now I've got to order the entire nose/fuselage/neck section. Really, this is starting to become ridiculous!

I'm going to contact them directly on Monday to voice my opinion and disappointment. I found out their customer service number is 03(3526)6080 - so if any of you are also proficient in Japanese and had a problem, I suggest giving them a call as well. The more people that complain, hopefully the more they'll rectify their problems.

Edited by AlphaOne

Sounds like your YF-19's stressmarks were created during the assembly process in the factory. Maybe Yamato should start looking for a different factory to make their toys for them.

Damn, I hope my YF-19 is going to be ok when it gets here. :huh::(

EDIT* spelling

Edited by Dante74

it sucks, but what does anyone expect from "made in china?" It's not as is if they're paid well, or work in decent conditions. Until the brass at yamato starting ponying up the money to hire people who care, we can expect to see these sort of manufacturing flubs everyonce in a while.

"made in china?"

Have to agree. I wish that Japanese toys were still made in Japan.

Yamato's production in China is a sign wave.

We as the consumer need to determine where the peak is and avoid the trough.

The "new" 19 really has me worried about the SV-51.

still, Yamato should have better quality check system, I know their a small company, but at the price range we're paying we should at least expect all this problem on 'lemons'; it seems that in Yamato's case, their 'lemons' are the ones without many problems

almost every manufacturer, from cloths to toys uses factories in China or some other country (as long as it's not a sweat shop), for cheaper manufacturing prices, and in the end, their quality check is what prevent all those horrible misshaps, Yamato doesn't seem to really care or have a serious fault in the designing of many mechanical parts for their Macross line

tell you the truth, I love their toys, I have sorta defended them before, but I'm starting to get fedd up with them releasing overpriced product after overpriced product with a lot of faults and they don't seem to be doing much about it and are leaving here poor old Graham to pick up the pieces, my last purchase was the terribly overpriced fold booster, waiting for it to get to my hand; andI was really hoping for the shin with ghost to come out perfect but it doesn't seem to have improved much, and by hell I'm not gonna get the SV-51, that thing looks like it's gonna be worst to handle than a contortionist, I'm seriously moving to scale models, cheaper, I can built them as perfect as I can and there's a bigger valk line, hell, if iI'm gona keep a toy on a shelf on a fixed pose, I'd rather have a 30 dollar model in there than a 200+ toy that's supposed to transform

the only toys I may get from Yamato again until they fix their QC issue, are from their 1/48 line that took them like what? 3-4 releases to get it done...

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I don't know, I've worked so long in various markets, dealing with imported chinese goods, and I can tell you, universally, their products suck.

A big problem is a lack of fine measurement instruments in china. When they duplicate master molds for mass production, they're not really able to ensure that the copies are as good as the originals, reulting in mold drift. Then there's the problem of them going behind your back and using cheaper materials while charging you for the higher end materials. There's just no real system of ethics in china, to borrow a phrase, they practice a brutal form of capitalism.

Damn those are some pretty nasty stress marks. Did your valk come in a nicely shipped box or was it crushed to hell (http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?s=&showtopic=22702&view=findpost&p=496158)? It looks like they mightve handled it poorly during assembly or maybe when they tried packing it into the plastic housing they ended up jamming it or smashing it in there. -=\

I've had a similar case with my 1st gen 1/60 YF-19, but mine was self inflicited because one of their workers decided to get glue happy (http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=21130&pid=495951&st=120entry495951).

Hmm... I got one with the fast packs as well. I didn't open it, but I did check through the window of the box with a MAG flashlight and didn't notice any visble stress marks (like yours). -=\

Where did you get the 19 from (store, site, company)?

I did notice something different about the FP 19. They did change (in that stress area you have highlighted) they decreased the corner into more of a curve where the fuselage splits. -=X

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Strangely, my YF-19 FP came in a great conditioned box. I got it from HLJ, whom I've yet to experience any problems with. I believe this is a production problem, because the box was in great condition as well as the plastic inside. The only thing that was damaged it seems, is the actual toy.

The outside shipping box it came in was also in great condition. As for any excess of glue, the joint seems to move smoothly, without any stickiness or additional resistance.

By the way, thank you all for your sorrows concerning this. It's reassuring to know there are others who understand where I'm coming from. :)

Totally man your not alone. It seems that there are still issues Yamato still has in effect through production. This is a warning to all who buy the new YF-19 with FP. Buy at your own risk!! Even well known companies like HLJ are pouring out toys with defects. Curse Yamato's quality control. I feel sorry for the people who pre-ordered the SV-51 because that's another one of those 1st run products of Yamato so expect a new THread called, "MAJOR QC problems of the SV-51 strike back" ^_^

Just got mine and it came out a-ok. Just that the shoulder FAST Packs were a batty to put on. For some reason now, the chest piece seems to shut and snap into place. It's a lot tighter now. I don't know if that was an improvement or not over the original....

Wow, after being polite and telling them what was wrong, Yamato gave me the choice to either have them put in the replacement part or exchange my whole toy for a new one. I decided to do the latter and return mine for a brand spankin' new YF-19 w/fast packs! Power to the consumer! :lol:

Edited by AlphaOne

Wow, after being polite and telling them what was wrong, Yamato gave me the choice to either have them put in the replacement part or exchange my whole toy for a new one. I decided to do the latter and return mine for a brand spankin' new YF-19 w/fast packs! Power to the consumer! :lol:

nice, glad to hear it worked out.

It was mighty nice of Yamato to replace your YF-19 but shouldn't HLJ have done that in the first place? They sold you the defective item, not Yamato.

When I buy a tv at an electronics store and it breaks down within the waranty, I go to the store and they take care of it. They don't say: "We don't have those particular parts to fix it, go take it up with the manufacturer"

So... what are the improvements of this 2nd revision 1/60 '19 over the first?

Let's see what they are:-

1) Landing gears fixed.

2) Crooked Gunpod fxed.

3) Chestplate has a more snug fit (but no locking mechanism)

4) Shoulder covers seems better this time.

5) No 3M tape this time.

What they didn't fix:-

6) Nose fuselage is still tight as hell (stressmarks ahoy!) - I thought someone said Yamato are fixing this especially. Use a hairdryer to soften the nubs and move the seperate pieces as GENTLY as though you're adjusting your Yambags - for sanity's sake!

7) Wings at the side of the Battriod's tights are still prone to looseness.

8) Arms at the shoulders are noticably loose this time

And... with the new foldildos & fast packs, comes new diseases:-

8) Foldildos doesn't come with batteries - I suppose when Yamato pitched the LED idea, their boss had to PERSONALLY fetch for them the batteries as well - what a bunch of lazy fvckers.

9) Fast packs have problem attaching to the'19's shoulders - FP's nubs are too well-endowed.

10) '19's leg magnets are barely holding the FPs.

So was it worth it?

If you have the first '19 and you're holding this 2nd revision now, you will know that you were intentionally Yamatoed. You may think different as you like, there are still many people (with limited budget) who are stuck with the badly made 1st version. In other words, still fvcked.

To me, it's not worth the money and the trouble - we have come all the way to the 2nd version (ALMOST A YEAR LATER!!!), and you're still presented with STUPIDITY like the tight Nose fuselage still not fixed, not getting batteries for your foldildo and other new diseases for old cures. You decide.

Edited by Beware of Blast

If you're not in JPN, find out if you need to bear the shipping costs both ways or not before you start jacking off with happy anticipation.

After speaking with them, I made sure that shipping would be covered on their part. No way in hell I'd be paying $30+ for shipping on something they screwed up on.

And I'm with you BoB, I mean, how hard will it be to include something as remedial as batteries on a toy that's costing this much

Edited by AlphaOne

If you're not in JPN, find out if you need to bear the shipping costs both ways or not before you start jacking off with happy anticipation.

lol not cool with the jacking off remark.

With your earlier post about the fixes and diseases, i'm dissapointed that the Leg FP's are not attaching well enough.

I think the VF-0a Shins attach ok, but not well enough, i hate when i am on a chair, placing it on my 3rd level shelf

in my cabinent (this is like 2 metres high almost, and the bloody thing comes off and bounces on the floor. >_<

This happened like 5 times lol, but no breaks or bad marks... thankfully. lol

I might just stick a little blue-tak under the legs if they are "as" bad as you say. Are they that bad?

Mine is still on the way, hopefully next week. Might be lucky this week! I think Yang rocks.

How well does the Fold attach? I think everyone has seen my mad angle my YF-19 is posed in... i hope it holds. >_<

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Foldildo attaches fine enough. Your mad angles will be posed nicely. It also comes with 2 different head sizes and textures for multiple sphincter happiness should any collectors play that way, but what's the bloody point when you're missing the batteries?