Recently purchased 1/60 YF-19 with fold booster A few QC problems

SuperHobo

Foldildo attaches fine enough. Your mad angles will be posed nicely. It also comes with 2 different head sizes and textures for multiple sphincter happiness should any collectors play that way, but what's the bloody point when you're missing the batteries?

2 different heads? wtf ?_? I'm glad it attaches good atleast. :p Buying our own batteries is something i'm willing to put up with also.

I can't wait to see it all lit up!

Does anyone think I can do the same with my YF-19 by getting a brand new replacement for the QC issues I faced in my purchase? Is there a special number or email address I can contact Yamato to talk about this? Please someone help a new buyer to Yamato toys out. Thanks

So... what are the improvements of this 2nd revision 1/60 '19 over the first?

Let's see what they are:-

1) Landing gears fixed.

2) Crooked Gunpod fxed.

3) Chestplate has a more snug fit (but no locking mechanism)

4) Shoulder covers seems better this time.

5) No 3M tape this time.

What they didn't fix:-

6) Nose fuselage is still tight as hell (stressmarks ahoy!) - I thought someone said Yamato are fixing this especially. Use a hairdryer to soften the nubs and move the seperate pieces as GENTLY as though you're adjusting your Yambags - for sanity's sake!

7) Wings at the side of the Battriod's tights are still prone to looseness.

8) Arms at the shoulders are noticably loose this time

And... with the new foldildos & fast packs, comes new diseases:-

8) Foldildos doesn't come with batteries - I suppose when Yamato pitched the LED idea, their boss had to PERSONALLY fetch for them the batteries as well - what a bunch of lazy fvckers.

9) Fast packs have problem attaching to the'19's shoulders - FP's nubs are too well-endowed.

10) '19's leg magnets are barely holding the FPs.

So was it worth it?

If you have the first '19 and you're holding this 2nd revision now, you will know that you were intentionally Yamatoed. You may think different as you like, there are still many people (with limited budget) who are stuck with the badly made 1st version. In other words, still fvcked.

To me, it's not worth the money and the trouble - we have come all the way to the 2nd version (ALMOST A YEAR LATER!!!), and you're still presented with STUPIDITY like the tight Nose fuselage still not fixed, not getting batteries for your foldildo and other new diseases for old cures. You decide.

:rolleyes:

6. It's actually not that tight. it's how you transform it. If you are transforming it with the grip that you would use to open a Christmas cracker...then you are doing it very wrong.

This is my second one too, I haven't made that mistake not once not ever.

7. I'll mention is again...Wings are as tight as ever. I can shake my Yf-19 and it will still hold. Trick is from GERWALK to fold the wing root down then collapse the wings then fold up. If you straighten the legs again at the intake insertion point before doing this it will brush past the calf and will stretch the screw which will loosen the ring.

1st 8. no they are firm on 3 of mine that I opened to far.

2nd Point 8 :lol: Went to a place where they sell 4 watch batteries for $3 AUD! but if you want to complain how a toy came with no batteries included...go ahead, it's quite entertaining. Good choice of batteries I say, cause they come cheap, I don't plan on turning it on for extended periods of time....but it's good that i can buy a lot for cheap. Especially with restricted shopping hours in Perth. EDIT: Seriously though, I don't think they should have included batteries, as storing them for extended periods of time especially in places like HK and Singapore...waste of time and money as they often don't last very long in humid conditions...even sealed. I got several Logitech Computer components from that region, and even though they included sealed batteries, tehy didn't last that long...< 1 week. I'd rather get fresh but cheap ones that have been kept properly and locally so that i know that I haven't wasted my money on them.

9. FAST Packs are hard to attach to the shoulders, you must attach them so they are horizontal in battroid mode or flush with the line of the fighter.....then pull it down. Took a few minutes to work that out, but it holds. This is a great accessory...albeit expensive....but they bulk out his shoulders quite well.

10. Again, I can shake it quite vigourously without supporting the leg FAST packs and they still stay put, including wings in battroid mode. :D

In other words, pretty good this time around. Highly recommended to polite customers like AlphaOne, who approaches Yamato in a pleasant manner and as there was a problem...got it sorted.

Edited by kensei

I wouldn't expect customer service from HLJ. They don't seem to be the type of people willing to go the extra mile.

I don't like HLJ at all, but from what i know...they are a pretty systemised company. They are stuck to protocols....which is why the president doesn't do too much work, it's a way of doing business so that it can run itself instead of you, the owner, having to micromanage anything. This is probably half the reason why they don't seem to care, but working there for a few years would certainly desensitise you and make you more like a robot. Unless it gets them in trouble, don't expect them to do anything at all for you. I prefer privately owned sellers, like toy-wave.

:rolleyes:

6. It's actually not that tight. it's how you transform it. If you are transforming it with the grip that you would use to open a Christmas cracker...then you are doing it very wrong.

This is my second one too, I haven't made that mistake not once not ever.

In case you and Yamato haven't noticed or read about the wide spread problems of the 1st version 1/60 YF19, this is POSSIBLY the ultimate dealbreaker for repeat business to most transforming toy fans.

The scenario is that you get MOSTLY EXPERIENCED transforming toy fans watching Graham's Youtube video guides on EVERY STEP, we got the transformation manual and yet, we get countless of horror stories about the tight nose fuselage, stressmarks, grey tab breakage - despite this, you STILL insist that people like me are doing it very wrong.

Ya know what, I'm only speaking from my first impressions on both the 1st and 2nd versions. There is nothing for me to gain on either a good or bad review, except maybe a damn good toy if my personal review is good - And the point is the nose fuselage on the 2nd version is STILL TIGHT and not fixed as informed to us by Graham.

7. I'll mention is again...Wings are as tight as ever. I can shake my Yf-19 and it will still hold. Trick is from GERWALK to fold the wing root down then collapse the wings then fold up. If you straighten the legs again at the intake insertion point before doing this it will brush past the calf and will stretch the screw which will loosen the ring.

I never mentioned the wings when it's on Gerwalk. The problem is that it's always swinging freely or staying downward on Battroid mode. It's STILL NOT FIXED.

Hey, Alpha One, now that you pointed it out, I can see a very fine hair crack on that exact position (as shown on your pic) with my YF-19 (version One). I better watch out.

Here's the pics of my YF-19 Fast Pack with stress marks. Has anyone experienced the same?

Also, this has NEVER been transformed, this is how it came.

In case you and Yamato haven't noticed or read about the wide spread problems of the 1st version 1/60 YF19, this is POSSIBLY the ultimate dealbreaker for repeat business to most transforming toy fans.

The scenario is that you get MOSTLY EXPERIENCED transforming toy fans watching Graham's Youtube video guides on EVERY STEP, we got the transformation manual and yet, we get countless of horror stories about the tight nose fuselage, stressmarks, grey tab breakage - despite this, you STILL insist that people like me are doing it very wrong.

And the thing is, you never listen either. :D Basically that is a very interesting joint. You have to look at how it moves. We're adults here, so we have to think about what we are doing and do research first (i.e. look at some instructions)

1. Grip the nose in the position like so.

post-466-1184151779_thumb.jpg

2. Bring the nose down with your index finger to loosen the nose a bit.

post-466-1184151865_thumb.jpg

3. Fold down this compartment....

post-466-1184151991_thumb.jpg

4. Like so.

post-466-1184152044_thumb.jpg

5. Take up this grip on the YF-19 nose like this with the hand that you are most dexterous with.

post-466-1184152127_thumb.jpg

6. Side view. Note thumb and forefinger position. follow the arrow when pushing, going horizontal then on an angle. This is done with mounting pressure. Start soft then increase strength in a controlled manner. I got the general idea of the direction from the instruction manual.

post-466-1184152213_thumb.jpg

7. gives away quite easily.

post-466-1184152316_thumb.jpg

8. Voila!

post-466-1184152394_thumb.jpg

I like this the way it is, it's tight so that there is no gaps, but it is not so tight that i have to pry it open with a crowbar.

Ya know what, I'm only speaking from my first impressions on both the 1st and 2nd versions. There is nothing for me to gain on either a good or bad review, except maybe a damn good toy if my personal review is good - And the point is the nose fuselage on the 2nd version is STILL TIGHT and not fixed as informed to us by Graham.

I never mentioned the wings when it's on Gerwalk. The problem is that it's always swinging freely or staying downward on Battroid mode. It's STILL NOT FIXED.

Neither do I have anything to gain. But again, read. I actually addressed your problem as to how not to get it loose. It's easy to get in with a screwdriver anyway to fix and tighten it, but the fact is that I told you how to transform it FROM GERWALK to Battroid so as to not loosen the joint so that it doesn't HAVE TO BE FIXED, thereby addressed the problem BEFORE it occurs.

I don't like HLJ at all, but from what i know...they are a pretty systemised company. They are stuck to protocols....which is why the president doesn't do too much work, it's a way of doing business so that it can run itself instead of you, the owner, having to micromanage anything. This is probably half the reason why they don't seem to care, but working there for a few years would certainly desensitise you and make you more like a robot. Unless it gets them in trouble, don't expect them to do anything at all for you. I prefer privately owned sellers, like toy-wave.

That's exactly right, they stick to their set protocols. And i've come to except this fact, and just make sure

i shop smarter with them, getting all i want included in one order, including early birds and so on.

But if they just once step out of line that's got nothing to do with protocols, i will let them have it.

But i'm sure they will do gerally the right thing by us.

That's exactly right, they stick to their set protocols. And i've come to except this fact, and just make sure

i shop smarter with them, getting all i want included in one order, including early birds and so on.

But if they just once step out of line that's got nothing to do with protocols, i will let them have it.

But i'm sure they will do gerally the right thing by us.

Put it this way, it's a system that looks after the #1 person, the growing bank account of the president. then the employees. Hate to say this but we are pretty much at the bottom of the food chain. So long as they don't stretch their necks too far, they will do it. Valuing customers though, is not their thing. Taking money? Absolutely.

Edited by kensei

tks kensei for the demo steps, it actually helps to allevate stress on the hinge joint by following the proper procedures.

Just curious, did you ever loosen the screws on the hinge joint for the YF-19 2nd version as i did loosen mine when upon inspection saw some stress marks on the hinge joint?

tks kensei for the demo steps, it actually helps to allevate stress on the hinge joint by following the proper procedures.

Just curious, did you ever loosen the screws on the hinge joint for the YF-19 2nd version as i did loosen mine when upon inspection saw some stress marks on the hinge joint?

Never bothered to lay a screwdriver to the thing. ^_^

Kensei, you have just further proven my point about the extremely tight nose fuselage being not fixed in the 2nd version with your transformation guide.

There is absolutely nothing vastly different from how you transformed it, to how Graham did it in his Youtube videos and how the manuals instructed every collectors.

IF Yamato did INDEED made that part easier to transform as Graham had previously stated, no collector would have to mull over that part of the transformation process and relive the nightmare of creating stressmarks and breaking the grey tabs on this 2nd version.

If it's easy as pie for you, good. The rest of us just have to be EXTRA careful.

Kensei, you have just further proven my point about the extremely tight nose fuselage being not fixed in the 2nd version with your transformation guide.

There is absolutely nothing vastly different from how you transformed it, to how Graham did it in his Youtube videos and how the manuals instructed every collectors.

IF Yamato did INDEED made that part easier to transform as Graham had previously stated, no collector would have to mull over that part of the transformation process and relive the nightmare of creating stressmarks and breaking the grey tabs on this 2nd version.

If it's easy as pie for you, good. The rest of us just have to be EXTRA careful.

Actually, I have disproven your point, cause I can get the joint open using only thumb and forefinger. There was nothing to mull over that transformation step. Only logic according to the before and after pictures.

The rest of you can just go on with more confidence. If you want me to keep on posting extra pics then good, I'm loving it, I've never had a reason to transform the same toy over and over so many times resulting in no damage or stressmarks. :) and as eugimon has proven, I'm NOT the ONLY person that can do it.

Edited by kensei

Well, there you have it -- you (thankfully) haven't had any problems. Members should just shut up about it.

But let's sympathise with our other MW brothers (particularly BoB :))though and hope they get it fixed, and hopefully this will prevent further problems.

But let's sympathise with our other MW brothers (particularly BoB :))though and hope they get it fixed, and hopefully this will prevent further problems.

:)

Hey, sympathize with me. My VF-0S trully does not have any broken arm pieces, nor does it have any stress marks, so I think the whole VF-0 arm thing has been blown way out of proportion. Nothing bad has happened to mine, so anyone who posts up about problems with their VF-0 is obviously exaggerating. I haven't had problems with mine, so would members please quit making mountains out of molehills with this?

My only VF-0S is a bit clunky, but it holds. The VF-0A CF and Shin were much better. But that's a statement for another topic. :) I'm sure you agree though that a YF-19 is a good toy to buy, sans the torso mocking mechanism. I have 1 major criticism about all the toys Yamato has released.

Edited by kensei

My only VF-0S is a bit clunky, but it holds. The VF-0A CF and Shin were much better. But that's a statement for another topic. :) I'm sure you agree though that a YF-19 is a good toy to buy, sans the torso mocking mechanism. I have 1 major criticism about all the toys Yamato has released.

It's obvious that many Macrossworld members are just idiots -- I mean, what's the deal? Anyone having problems with a Yamato toy is just a ham-fisted idiot who should simply stick to Gobots.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I have to admit though that if you don't transform stuff much it might not be that big a deal. I haven't touched the konig monster for ages. I know that if I were to transform it enough times I bet those little nubs would break over time. Stress marks are scary.

Best to be on the safe side and mention all the problems you are having than to keep the rest in the dark and then risk having people buy it without warning of potential problem beforehand.

It's going to be interesting to see how long the SV-51 will last before people complain of any snaps and cracks and pieces coming apart.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Best to be on the safe side and mention all the problems you are having than to keep the rest in the dark and then risk having people buy it without warning of potential problem beforehand.

What? That's just like stirring up panic, like saying the sky is falling.

I have to admit though that if you don't transform stuff much it might not be that big a deal. I haven't touched the konig monster for ages. I know that if I were to transform it enough times I bet those little nubs would break over time. Stress marks are scary.

It's going to be interesting to see how long the SV-51 will last before people complain of any snaps and cracks and pieces coming apart.

6th transformation and counting! Wish me luck!

I wish they were made out of chocolate so you could at least eat them when they break.

They'll be expired by then. ;)

I've gone 10 transformations. :D

Edited by kensei

I couldnt even tell u how many times my 19 has been transformed without any major hassles. i have a loose wing coz i mistransformed over the leg bump to many times. i rarely have my tpy upside down, so I dont even care about the chest.

The 0 arm problem was a problem. the 19 hinge, and the panic occouring over the FB version are just symptomatic of the attitudes here right now.

i remember when buying macross toys was fun to share with others.

I really hope the sarcasm in my most recent posts in this thread is clear. :)

nope didn't quite get what you were shooting for. so let me see, since you're discounting our personal observations that not all yamato products fall apart at a gentle breeze, we should all discount your personal experiences as well. that about sum it up?

What? That's just like stirring up panic, like saying the sky is falling.

Would you prefer that the masses jump straight in with their hard-earned money and discover the problems for themselves later on then? Only true idiots, particularly the ones in bed with Yamato would give Yamato the benefit of doubt with their current track record.

Ya know what, it's okay. I've done my part of giving my hands-on information. You people talk as though everyone is listening to me telling them not to buy at all, when all I did was offer a warning.

Would you prefer that the masses jump straight in with their hard-earned money and discover the problems for themselves later on then? Only true idiots, particularly the ones in bed with Yamato would give Yamato the benefit of doubt with their current track record.

Ya know what, it's okay. I've done my part of giving my hands-on information. You people talk as though everyone is listening to me telling them not to buy at all, when all I did was offer a warning.

ah be fair BoB, you do more than warn. You're practically the John the Baptist against yamato, all eating wild honey and locusts in the desert, calling us weak and simple minded.

ah be fair BoB, you do more than warn. You're practically the John the Baptist against yamato, all eating wild honey and locusts in the desert, calling us weak and simple minded.

Awww.....I've annoyed the guy. Poor fellow. Take it easy BoB, you'll have a coronary if you get like this too often. :(

:) But to be honest though, Eugimon is right, he did give a lot of false information to readers. Must you be careful? I am with all toys, be it Macross or TF. Will bad things happen for sure? Not likely.

A guide for those who do not want to loosen their wing roots....

1. This is the part during transformation where the legs are in GERWALK and the upper body is moved out of the way.

post-466-1184229632_thumb.jpg

2. From here it is best to fold the wings

post-466-1184229728_thumb.jpg

3. Then turn them down so that they are at the side of the legs

post-466-1184229808_thumb.jpg

4. Fold them up slightly. From here transform as normal. This is merely a side view.

post-466-1184229893_thumb.jpg

Basically this method prevents the wing from brushing (straining) past the bump of the calf of the lateral aspect of the leg which will cause the wing to loosen.

Enjoy!

Edited by kensei