Who wants Yamato to make a Regult Battle Pod?

miriya

Thanks Gabe. Now I can rest knowing that all my hopes and dreams about a Yamato Regult have disappeared, forever.

Edit: BTW, I've just found a Kaiyodo series 001 set for 85 dollars at ebay . And they come with one single Regult. At this rate, making a Yamato Regult army would be cheaper.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Don't get me wrong. I would climb on my roof and shout for joy like a raving lunatic and then youtube it. I would be the happiest Somalian if Yamato released a Regult.

I just think it's extremely unlikely to occur.

1. It would be too big, even at 1/60 scale

2. It would be too expensive due to the size

3. It would be too risky to produce such a pricy product with limited popularity

this is why i suggested they pair up the regult with a destroid. i can't speak for everyone but i think we'd all buy them if they were paired up AND the price is reasonable. i don't see people shelling out $200+ for a tomahawk and a regult but i see people willing to fork over $100 or so for the 2.

Isn't the Matchbox Battlepod about 1/60 scale? I dont' see any reason to believe that this toy would be too big. Also, the thing isn't all that crazy complicated, it doesn't even have arms. I dunno, I guess engineering the legs to both be poseable and capable of supporting the egg could be tricky though. Still, I think we're discussing a toy that's probably on par with the Q-Rau from a cost perspective and with greater appeal.

Yeah, I agree that it should probably not be any more difficult than the Q-Rau for them to produce a regult. It seems to me that the design is even more simple than the Rau. I personally would rather see a regult battle pod with attachments for the missiles and the scout add ons than a Glaug but a glaug would be cool too. I do not know what Yamato's game plan is for the future but I do not see this being so far fetched.

By the way, the SV-51 Nora type image on yamato-toys.com looks pretty sweet. I can not wait to see a painted prototype. That is a Valk I will definitely buy. I remember the first time I saw MacrossZero and saw Nora's Valk and thought, "Oh poo! That would make a freakin sweet figure!" I am a sucker for tactile 3d aesthetics!

P.S. I am a newbie and did not know that my cursing would be transformed. It is like a variable valk mod put on to the word recognition? I would not have chosen "poo" but I guess that gets the point across....

Edited by miriya

Thanks Gabe. Now I can rest knowing that all my hopes and dreams about a Yamato Regult have disappeared, forever.

Edit: BTW, I've just found a Kaiyodo series 001 set for 85 dollars at ebay . And they come with one single Regult. At this rate, making a Yamato Regult army would be cheaper.

Man they have jumped up in price. I just got mine at Mandarake in Shibiya for under 2000 Yen, kinda feel like I got a bargin.

yeah, a 1/48 elintseeker or ostrich would have a much nicer sculpt than the 1/60 and more detail and that would be nice. Also a 1/48 VF-1D would be sweet but how about some new stuff?

A 1/48 Hikaru Fan Racer with Rick and Minmay that comes with a giant Tuna would be cool!

Some civilian stuff like the A-510 Sports Car?

A Lockhee SF-3A Lancer II or a Siokorvsky Comanchero Attack Helicopter?

Still, the one I really want is a 1/60 Regult to battle with in diorama.

I would definately pick up a 1/60 Regult, with the extra accessories for the small missle, heavy missle and scout versions of course. An articulated Zentran pilot is a must! If the price is reasonable, then I would get more to display.

Just because the Regult is not in Yamato's current future plans does not necessarily mean that they will not choose to include them into their future plans, does it? I wonder what it would take? Does anyone here know how they decide on what products to produce? In the Macross world there seems to be an impossible amount of mecha to make so it must be hard for them to decide.

Also, in another thread some people are talking down about Yamato-toys and I understand the frustration with the problems that some of them have but I really do think that they have produced the coolest macross toys that I have ever seen.

Edited by miriya

Does anyone here know how they decide on what products to produce? In the Macross world there seems to be an impossible amount of mecha to make so it must be hard for them to decide.

There is one man here, who possesses the knowledge you seek. Beware, though, as his answers are, at best, cryptic. That man is Graham. Muuaahaha.

don't know why the regult would be expensive and difficult to produce

it's just one ball with two leggs... in fact, the plastic that Yamato uses is very light and would see no problem supporting itself unless they continue making floppy joints, and for packaging they could just make the leggs extra articulate to pack up like a ball or something

and not popular enough to buy? every person I have shown my valks tell me the exact same thing "you should get the little blue ball from the bad guys"

I wouldn't pay more than 50 bucks if it were produced with all the accessories mentioned

but knowing they are capable of charging 60+ bucks for 4 pieces of plastic for the YF-19 fold booster I wouldn0't be surprised by them if they dare to make it 80+

The regult is cool but make the glaug too. So easy to make. Just make sure you can pose the things in a natural way. Only two limbs to concentrate on. :D Can't be that hard. Zentradi have no transforming mecha in SW I. So no compromise on proportions or worry of fans of one mode whining about how it looks.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Also, in another thread some people are talking down about Yamato-toys and I understand the frustration with the problems that some of them have but I really do think that they have produced the coolest macross toys that I have ever seen.

I agree. But does anyone else think Yamato`s packaging is really lame? The perfect macross toy would be a Yamato 1/48 in an old school `80s Macross box imo.

I don't know - the fact that they made that 1/100 monster, which is in a scale with no other toys (not counting models) from the series would make me think they might do a regult in 1/60. At least it doesn't seem that out of reach to me, although I don't know jack-crap. I too could say if it's over $60, I ain't buying it. But truth be told, if it's out there, I'll obsess over it until I buy 1, then 2, and if I get a deal on a 3rd.... and so on. Also, Yamato could probably get some mileage out of the design. I would imagine they would release the standard regult, then a couple months later, the heavy missile followed by the light missile, and finally the scout. I can't imagine they would put all the accessories for each type in one box, as they wouldn't be able to milk us dry that way.

I don't know - the fact that they made that 1/100 monster, which is in a scale with no other toys (not counting models) from the series would make me think they might do a regult in 1/60. At least it doesn't seem that out of reach to me, although I don't know jack-crap. I too could say if it's over $60, I ain't buying it. But truth be told, if it's out there, I'll obsess over it until I buy 1, then 2, and if I get a deal on a 3rd.... and so on. Also, Yamato could probably get some mileage out of the design. I would imagine they would release the standard regult, then a couple months later, the heavy missile followed by the light missile, and finally the scout. I can't imagine they would put all the accessories for each type in one box, as they wouldn't be able to milk us dry that way.

I rather they put everything into one box and really theres no need for a huge box. (unless its 1/48) i'd rather pay a fair price for a bunch of accessories as opposed to getting a "basic figure" and then haiving to pay for each upgrade. With that in mind yeah I'd buy a few.

Yeah, if everything was all in one box, the Regult battle pod, with all the extras to make the missile light and heavy, and some exchange parts to make a scout, as well as an articulated zentraedi warrior to crouch inside then I am sure that most of us would buy at least one if not three. It would be much better than doing a basic and then charging extras for add ons because people would get too upset and then boycott.

A whole Zentraedi Line (in 1/60 scale) would be awesome:

The Regult (with all the parts as above)

The Glaug (with Kamjin inside)

The Nousjadeul-Ger

The TV version of the Queadluun-Rau

and even just some kick ass Zentraedi warriors (with the purple suits and helmets but better than the matchbox ones).

Probably all dreams that will be shattered by high costs and low popularity or some other good reasons.

I just want some Zentraedi for my Valks to battle with. Is that so wrong?

I'm for the "put all the stuff in a single box" idea. It would make up for it not being a transforming mecha.

Maybe if they wanted to, have a seperate fully posable action figure pilot (with weapons and swappable heads) to milk us there but for the mecha itself I want all the accessories together.

It's just a blue ball with legs FFS :D:p

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Regult toys in 1/60 or 1/48? Absolute, abysmal long-shot: too large an item, necessitating too high a price-point and too little demand = not gonna happen. They made the Q-Rau, but that doesn't mean the sku was successful, and based on the fact that they (Yamato) chose to, at least thus far, not continue the line means that it wasn't a money-maker for them.

Alas, if you guys ever want Regults that badly, I do currently make some in 1/72, but I doubt you'd find the price point attractive.

Regult toys in 1/60 or 1/48? Absolute, abysmal long-shot: too large an item, necessitating too high a price-point and too little demand = not gonna happen. They made the Q-Rau, but that doesn't mean the sku was successful, and based on the fact that they (Yamato) chose to, at least thus far, not continue the line means that it wasn't a money-maker for them.

Alas, if you guys ever want Regults that badly, I do currently make some in 1/72, but I doubt you'd find the price point attractive.

Thanks for the uplifiting hope-shattering note. Although you may be correct.

So, How much are your 1/72s and can you offer them completed not requiring any glue or paint on the part of my lazy arse?

I offer only models that require assembly and painting; there are photos in the Regult thread in the modelling section

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...22507&st=40

Oh, so you are the samurai monkey! Great work! I would love to get one of your regults some day but right now I can not afford it espcially since I would have to pay for someone to glue and paint it for me, as I have little experience in that dept... But I will keep you in mind for the future. Thanks. Your sculpt is definitely the best I have seen.