Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - <<Season 1>>

I finally decided to get rid of these Conclave-Mendoi subs in favor of the Shinsen ones. I watched eps 20 and 21 yesterday...

I have to admit that this show is going far better than what I expected at the beginning, but in a completely non expected way: my Gundam lives again, finally!

EP 22....what can i say? Awesome.

I'm quite glad that Aeolia is revealed to be sincerely wanting to eradicate war. But Allejandro messed it up. Can't help but feel there's another bad guy at work here. Who provided the Corner family the location of CB's deserted ship and the haro? Green haired showed up conviniently to show Allejandro where Veda is....where he from?

I prefer the phrase, "No bloody death, no body...not dead yet". On the plus side, we get to see Nadleeh use it's beam rifle and shield in the next episode. That rifle also can also be used as a beam bayonet.

Well, the series is certainly getting more entertaining, the character deaths, so far most have been minor, but they've been evenly spaced out through the series, we finally get one semi major character die off. Although everyone's favorite character has been absent the last few episodes in a major way. Hopefully Graham will get a much more important role (not the dead kind) in the next two episodes, and hopefully that continues in the next season.

So far, the series has gone above expectations from Seed. The storyline is not the most original, but good enough to keep me interested.

Anyone saying Lockon's still alive is being retarded. He went out sacrificially, had a monologue, and there was a fade to white prior to a massive explosion. Fade to white/explosion kills 90% of the time. All that said, Lockon was fantastic and he went out like the best.

If you've seen 23, feel free to check this image

post-1705-1205703431_thumb.jpg

as much as i hate lockon passing, bringing him back after the way he went out would just be lame.

Yeah, no Neo/Andy/Seed syndrom I hope. But they do need a few more dead characters though. I'm not sure I like the comic relief in the form of Patrick and Cathy since they don't seem to realistically provide anything. Patrick's successful blinding of Lockon not withstanding.

Anyone saying Lockon's still alive is being retarded. He went out sacrificially, had a monologue, and there was a fade to white prior to a massive explosion. Fade to white/explosion kills 90% of the time. All that said, Lockon was fantastic and he went out like the best.

Remember what happened in Gundam Seed Destiny. :ph34r:

Hopefully this series doesn't go that route.

I was sad to see Lockon go, but the way he went was nicely done. I wonder if his Gundam is going to be rebuilt and who will pilot?

Patrick just seems to blast off like Team Rocket from Pokemon (maybe he'll finally get his due one day).

I was sad to see Lockon go, but the way he went was nicely done. I wonder if his Gundam is going to be rebuilt and who will pilot?

Too bad he's gone, but his character was well handled IMO. He specifically mentions his brother by name (Lyle) during his farewell speach, so perhaps he might show up in S2..

;)

I think Ali is the best villain in all of Gundam series, everytime he appear he's always causing trouble and he killed most of the character in 00. Let see, he already defeated 3 Gundams, which I think making him the best Gundam villain in term of Gundam kills.

Ep 23. Pretty cool episode except i was abit sad that Dynames never used the Trans-Am and GN-arms/tailbooster is gonna be just another thing they put in to sell more model kits. :rolleyes:

Was anyone keeping count? There were 30 GN-Xs and i think about close to 10 got blown up.

Goodbye space cowboy? :lol:

But i'm still sticking to "not dead till body violently dismembered". He just may come back with his head strapped to a mobile armour. ^_^

Too bad he's gone, but his character was well handled IMO. He specifically mentions his brother by name (Lyle) during his farewell speach, so perhaps he might show up in S2..

;)

Funny that his brother was never in any of the flashbacks he had. :unsure:

He does mention the future belongs to him.. That's why I think Lyle has a role to play in S2.

We don't know much about his past (if anything), but it wouldn't be implausible to assume that they were seperated during most of their lives for whatever reason.

Illegitimate child perhaps, or another special condition.

The way he spoke about him to Feldt some episodes ago make it seem as if he wasn't a 'typical' brother, i.e. being part of his normal everyday youth.

I reckon Lockon didn't use the Trans-Am system because he wanted to spare Dynames (or rather its GN Drive) even though he knew he could buy the farm. He was desperate, but not foolhardily reckless, giving CB the best chance of success to carry on.

00 has strayed a fair bit from some notable Gundam clichés, so I doubt they'll pull a Fukuda and make the impossible possible..

GN-X count: 17 down, 12 to go. (1 disassembled for a Graham Acre GN-Flag custom, of course)

Edited by T.V.

Some notes about 00 in Animage

An interview with Director Mizushima

- The story arose from my desire to portray a situation in which the way the characters distinguish "justice" and "evil" changes depending on their respective positions.

- Trinity was deployed as a necessary counterbalance to make clear the justice on the protagonists' side.

- In episodes 23 through 25, the Meisters will pay the price for everything up until now.

- The first season will depicted absolute destruction.

- Episode 25 will go up to the point at which rebirth begins.

- The flow of the second series will come from the question of what kinds of things happen at a time when the world is changing.

- In one sense, what 00 must do once is draw out non-naive conclusions on the protagonists' part. The core of the second season will be how they make their appearances if they live to the very end, and what, in the midst of that, their conflicts have led them to discover.

- In the second season, the fact that "Setsuna and co. entered CB because they despaired in the world" will become evident.

- Lockon and Saji are utterly unlike each other, but the overlapping of their circumstances (being victims of terrorism) makes their existences closer together and so forth.

- I was aware that there was a focus on Graham's eccentric way of expressing himself.

- I feel that the second season must become a more emotional work. For example, mecha action. "00" is presented as stoic, as opposed to a super robot-type action series, but even then it should be possible to give it more theatricality by doing things like making scenes more flashy.

- In episode 25, I'd like you to look forward to seeing it head in the direction of having a variety of characters go, "Eh, this is how things'll end up?" Among them are characters whose positions which change tremendously. In ep. 25, the worldview of the second season will come out, and things like "Why is he/she here" and "He/she was alive?" will also happen.

I have watched a couple of episodes in this series but still I am confused. It seems like it is like every other Gundam anime series I have seen though the picture is good there really doesn't seem like there is a plot. I guess I judge this with my expectations being high after seeing GUndam Destiny.

when did lockon mention lyle to feldt???
I was mistaken and mixed Lockon mentioning his real name instead of revealing his brother.

Lockon doesn't mention his brother to her, though he can be seen in the beginning when he visits parent's grave.

His brother seems to be an identical twin.

It happens during episode 9.

Massive spoiler for episode 24:

- Ptolemy is attacked by UN forces led by a mobile armour piloted by Alejandro. Its armed with a long range mega beam cannon which damages Ptolemy on it first shot.

- Epic battle followed with Exia goes after Alejandro.

- Kyrios damaged (losing an arm and leg)

- Nadleh is disabled, but not before Tiera put an end to Patrick miserable piloting skill.

- Ptolemy sunk after a GN-X shot the bridge, mortally wounded Christie and the guy pilot.

- Only 3 crew survive the Ptolemy explosion.

That's remind me of Zeta....

lots of body bags.

Edited by Morpheus