The Xbox 360 Thread Elite Edition

I hope my system keeps working too.

I picked up the Spartan Halo 3 controller today and it is nice.

Anyone else pickup any Halo 3 accessories yet?

Not yet, but I'm hoping to get some more stuff trade in to help pay for the Legendary Edition.

BTw, 1up.com has a bunch of pictures of a bunch of sweet looking games that are being shown at the Tokyo Game Show INCLUDING Mobile Suit Gundam: Operation Troy (AKA Mobile Ops: The one Year War). Click on one of the pictures and it will take you to like 6 or 7 new pictures from the game.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162743

Lost Odyssey delayed until February in the US. Not a big problem, as it was going to come out almost simultaneously with Mass Effect originally---two big RPG's at the same time?. No time to play both. This actually works out better, as February through Sept is normally "the dry time" for games.

Sort of Xbox360 related:

A guy at my office told me that if you play the original Halo or Halo 2 on the 360 it will dynamically upconvert the games to 720p and add anti-aliasing, making them look worlds better. Is that true? If that is true, does it do the same for other regular Xbox games?

I think it might be true for Halo 2, but I'm not positive, but it doesn't do anything with Halo 1. If you have a PC with Vista then you can play Halo 2 on it and I think they/Bungie reworked the textures to make it look better, but it only works with Vista and not XP.

Sort of Xbox360 related:

A guy at my office told me that if you play the original Halo or Halo 2 on the 360 it will dynamically upconvert the games to 720p and add anti-aliasing, making them look worlds better. Is that true? If that is true, does it do the same for other regular Xbox games?

Yes it is true for all BC games on the Xbox 360.

Yes, Halo 2 did look better when playing on the 360 in 720p.

---

Dilemma:

Should I sell my 360 premium unit when I get the Elite? Could I even get $300 for it since it's only been used a month?

Or should I not even bother getting the Elite since my Premium is quiet and has the upgraded heat sink and quieter drive?

The whole reason we were getting a second unit was so my son and I could play Gears, Halo 3, and Ace Combat with our own televisions instead of doing split screen, but he is not renewing his Live account at the end of the month and is going to concentrate on school.

Dilemma:

Should I sell my 360 premium unit when I get the Elite? Could I even get $300 for it since it's only been used a month?

Or should I not even bother getting the Elite since my Premium is quiet and has the upgraded heat sink and quieter drive?

The whole reason we were getting a second unit was so my son and I could play Gears, Halo 3, and Ace Combat with our own televisions instead of doing split screen, but he is not renewing his Live account at the end of the month and is going to concentrate on school.

Does your new Premium come with the HDMI port? Do you need one? If you were wanting to get the Elite for its larger hard drive, how about just buying the 120GB drive by itself?

No HDMI port on the new one, I was just debating if it was worth it, the only reason was for the bigger HD, HDMI, and Falcon motherboard, but I've had the new one two weeks and it's quiet and never gets hot. I'll have to try Dead Rising again and see if it does anything.

I still have 9 GBs free on the Premium HD and so far component is alright, my TV only goes up to 1080i, and I don't plan on watching HDDVD, so I don't know if I really need HDMI, I'm pretty happy with 720p. (My tv is only a 32" LCD)

No HDMI port on the new one, I was just debating if it was worth it, the only reason was for the bigger HD, HDMI, and Falcon motherboard, but I've had the new one two weeks and it's quiet and never gets hot. I'll have to try Dead Rising again and see if it does anything.

I still have 9 GBs free on the Premium HD and so far component is alright, my TV only goes up to 1080i, and I don't plan on watching HDDVD, so I don't know if I really need HDMI, I'm pretty happy with 720p. (My tv is only a 32" LCD)

You can do 1080i over component. You really have no need at all to upgrade to the Elite.

What you need to do is set your son straight with what his priorities are. You make him renew that live membership, and play Ace Combat 6 with you, it's the ultimate father son activity.

There's plenty of time for school after!

What you need to do is set your son straight with what his priorities are. You make him renew that live membership, and play Ace Combat 6 with you, it's the ultimate father son activity.

There's plenty of time for school after!

"Ahhh, the joys of mortgaging your future!" - Bart Simpson

:p:p

Edited by j_wong00

Microsoft announced today that the Xbox 360 Halo 3 Special Edition Console will be available in North America this Sunday, September 16th, boasting a price tag of $399.99. Originally announced at Microsoft's E3 '07 press briefing, the Halo 3 Special Edition Console takes an HDMI-enabled Premium unit and wraps it up with "an authentic Spartan green and gold finish."

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162818

three red rings of death to soon follow....

Edited by dejr8bud

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3162818

three red rings of death to soon follow....

But the HDMI is going to be standard on the Premiums, yeah? And the Premiums cost $350. So does the Halo version come with anything else, or are you just paying more for ugly?

The wireless is separate I believe. They already have the Halo 3 Wireless Headsets and controllers out for sale. Oh, they have a Halo 3 faceplate and SKIN stickers out as well.

Are wireless headsets any good though? I've read some reviews(on ebworld, I believe) that say they're problematic, that people on the other end sometimes get a persistent loud annoying hiss, and so on. I was considering getting one for a while some time back but the online concensus kind of scared me away. Are the Halo ones any better?

Are wireless headsets any good though? I've read some reviews(on ebworld, I believe) that say they're problematic, that people on the other end sometimes get a persistent loud annoying hiss, and so on. I was considering getting one for a while some time back but the online concensus kind of scared me away. Are the Halo ones any better?

I've had nothing but problems with mine, wasted $60. I went back to the wired headset. Once less thing for me to charge.

ah, you're right. It is a wired headset.

You also get the play&charge kit as well.

You mean the one that only costs $20 separately? And the Premium already comes with a wired headset.

So... Premium + Play & Charge = $370. And the Halo 3 360 is still $400.

Well, paying $30 for the ugly is better than paying $50 for the ugly, but you're still paying for ugly.

And sadly, I'm sure there are people who will not only buy the damn thing, but trade in the 360s they already have to get one.

How do I get into the North American site? I could only access the European ones.

Not sure. The site just loads for me. I don't even know what geographical site i'm accessing.

Anyway the site is really awesome. I thought the whole thing was some awesome CGI but later realised they were all miniatures. Real awesome.

Ok, my wife got tired of my son playing guitar hero in the living room because it was waking up the little ones and I didn't know she got a raise and bonus last month, so she went out and bought me a 360 Halo edition, so I guess I won't buy the Elite. Crap.

My question is, is there any way for me to copy some of my saves off the first 360 without having to go out and spend $30 for a 64mb memory unit?

I know I can d/l all the content I have already paid for already, and recover Gamertags, but I really want to be able to move some saves.

I guess I can get the 512mb memory unit off ebay out of hong kong for less than $30...

Does the 360 Elite transfer kit copy the HD from one to the other without deleting data off the original?

---

ug, can't spell today...

Edited by Chowser

Ok, my wife got tired of my son playing guitar hero in the living room because it was waking up the little ones and I didn't know she got a raise and bonus last month, so she went out and bought me a 360 Halo edition, so I guess I won't buy the Elite. Crap.

My question is, is there any way for me to copy some of my saves off the first 360 without having to go out and spend $30 for a 64mb memory unit?

I know I can d/l all the content I have already paid for already, and recover Gamertags, but I really want to be able to move some saves.

I guess I can get the 512mb memory unit off ebay out of hong kong for less than $30...

Does the 360 Elite transfer kit copy the HD from one to the other without deleting data off the original?

---

ug, can't spell today...

I think the Elite transfer kit automatically wipes the other hard drive clean.

I thought I heard there are some kits out there that let you back up your game info onto a PC or onto a portable USB hard drive? Otherwise probably the best thing to do is get one of the 360 memory cards. Maybe search the xbox.com forums?

I saw the XSATA at GS, I didn't like the fact that it has to be hooked up and near the PC. They make something called the XPORT also, you just take your HD and plug it into the port thing. Only thing with the XSATA and XPORT is the interface. I will have to figure out what each save file is since it's all numbers/letters instead of file names. I might just stick with the memory unit. I'll have to see how big the files I want to move are, I just want to move my Elder Scroll saves since I'm still playing that while waiting for Halo 3, the other saves, meh, I might have to move Dead Rising and Gears also.

I'll have to see if GS will let me buy a memory card and return it the next day.

I am cross posting this to both the 360 and PS3 threads. Just a few questions about Dynasty Warriors Gundam.

1) When I played through as Amuro, I continued playing as him over and over again in order to get the 30 Pilot Level and the all skills achieved achirements. During the process, I maxed out the Gundam, Zeta, Mark II, and Char's Gelgoog. After doing that, I've gone through and played as Char and I almost have Kamille's missions beat (BTW this all being in Official Mode). When I started out with Char's Gelgoog while playing with Char, it looked like the Gelgoog was eqipped with all the accessories that I earned for it while playing as Amuro. Same for the Mark II and Zeta when I played with Kamille. So do items earned by other pilots carry over to the other characters?

2) No hide nor hair of Sayla Mass. Was this because of the death of her voice actress a few years ago in Japan? Didn't Bright Noa's VA (also the voice of Kaifun on Macross) die before this game was made, but yet he's in the game???

Props to Bandai here in the US for rehiring so many of the voice actors for many of the Gundam series. It was nice to have the actors from the TV series and Char's Counterattack now properly dub their characters (namely Char and Bright) for the Zeta portions of the game unlike what happened with the Zeta DVD release.

Hmm, why not just swap the HD's on the two 360's, give your son the new HD, and keep the old one.

Also, how will Microsoft be handling repair/exchanges on the Halo 3 units? Considering it's a custom case made by them, it wouldn't be fair to ship owners a standard case, while someone else gets your custom ugly green & gold model.

Edited by Keith