Kawamori-san designed Nissan SUV robot

he's speaking some kind of weird language.

though i did make out him saying "amedika... rubutek" i didn't hear him say "makurus" anywhere though :-(

What the heck is the point of this anyway, does the robot even move?

though i did make out him saying "amedika... rubutek" i didn't hear him say "makurus" anywhere though :-(

I heard it. I think he was saying he America knew his stuff from Robotech and Macross series, but who knows.

Edited by Wes

Well.......I don't like it at all.........honestly I haven't liked much of his designs in the recent years cause they're too smooth and "earthy enviormental" esque.

Not too mention, like said before, other then the nissan emblem.......where the hell do i see pieces of the car being on the robot? I can find more pieces of a car on one of the transformers then on this damn thing.

The motto of the car is "The Powered Suit", hence the robot. I think if it looks a little weak is because it was inspired in the car. I think it's a good design from that standpoint. It would be a failure as an anime character, but I bet Kawamori knows that.

The Creatives of the Dualis campaign must be a bunch of anime geeks :p

My speakers are konked but are you sure he said, "AMEDIKA"? Sounds more like he's from Pakistan tahn Japan. :lol:

"America"

"Amedika"

"no, no, it's A-M-E-R-I-C-A"

"Amedika"

"Okay say Eric"

"Eric"

"Good, now say A-M-E-R-I-C-A"

"A-M-E-D-I-K-A"

I don't quite understand - is the robot supposed to be the SUV transformed, or it doesn't actually have anything to do with it other than being silver and having curving, smooth lines?

Yes.

But seriously: I think Kawamori was hired to design the 'robot' as the personafication of the DUALIS car concept, which is based vaguely on the idea of a powersuit. I'm guessing the market-speak for the concept would throw around ideas of how strong the chassis is, how it wraps around the driver and becomes an extension of his mobility etc...

ah KingNor, that "strange language" Kawamori is speaking is Japanese, thats because he is Japanese.

The commercial started running in Japan & I saw it a few times. Its really short. The driver just transforms the car to get around traffic. He`s driving with a passenger too so I`m not sure how they both fit inside the robot. Should be up on You Tube soon I guess..?

Edited by MilSpex

Dudes, don't you get it? The robot is the "alarm" system :D . It would suck if your remote batteries failed though... - "you have three seconds to comply..." :) . - MT

I don't know if these are from the actual campaign, but here's some Dualis videos from Youtube:

This one is actually very cool. It's a video of a lifesize Dualis in "robot mode":

Edit: I just found this one. It's the Dualis transformig sequence. The video would've been better if somebody wouldn't have passed right in front of the camera when it was transforming.:lol: And yes, it's very short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-tiD4oEBqU...ted&search=

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

My speakers are konked but are you sure he said, "AMEDIKA"? Sounds more like he's from Pakistan tahn Japan. :lol:

"America"

"Amedika"

"no, no, it's A-M-E-R-I-C-A"

"Amedika"

"Okay say Eric"

"Eric"

"Good, now say A-M-E-R-I-C-A"

"A-M-E-D-I-K-A"

Pfft go figure that a person from a foreign land can't pronounce Amedika correctly...sheesh! :rolleyes:

• 11 months later...