John Rambo. Coming in 2008!

I'm sorry to be honest...

Compared to the trilogy, this is very very bad. Too many weird and excagerated effects and noticable goofs... like building a nice looking stretcher in 10 seconds while being hunted down.

The story is kinda short and it's like watching 40 min.

here's a real claymore : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2QuouHYJ1M...feature=related

Believe me... I used to watch the trilogy again and again. Maybe there was more gore here but I just ignored it.

I don't believe birma is such a hell.

:( I'm dissapointed....

Edited by Kin

Actually it was still one of those high powered Bows...but the arrows were the usual normal types. He didn't have the exploding.

As for the Claymore, it was strapped to a lil boy hence the HUGE explosion in the film. And as for Birma or Mymar whatever it's called now of days, it is actually a hell. A Co-worker of mine lived south of that country and when I told him what Rambo was based on, started telling me stories of how awful things were when he lived close to that country and how you gotta watch yourself cause 1 funny look to one of the soldiers and your ass is cooked or something like that.

• 2 months later...

Actually no, lol my mom and I are the only ones in our entire family who enjoy rambo.

Infact when I was a small child I escaped from my mom all decked out in rambo gear in a mall in missoula. Hiding under clothes racks and coming up to people from behind and poking them with my plastic rambo toy knife.

They shut the entire mall down and found me at the meirenfrank store entrance trying to escape and blend in with society.

After that my mom strapped a harness on me and I would tug and pull and use my knife to ry and cut away thinking I was on that plane and rambo being stuck.

In other more vital news, select theaters may 15th are playing first blood with the alternate ending.

Actually no, lol my mom and I are the only ones in our entire family who enjoy rambo.

Infact when I was a small child I escaped from my mom all decked out in rambo gear in a mall in missoula. Hiding under clothes racks and coming up to people from behind and poking them with my plastic rambo toy knife.

They shut the entire mall down and found me at the meirenfrank store entrance trying to escape and blend in with society.

After that my mom strapped a harness on me and I would tug and pull and use my knife to ry and cut away thinking I was on that plane and rambo being stuck.

In other more vital news, select theaters may 15th are playing first blood with the alternate ending.

:lol:

No toy version of exploding arrows or an M-60 Machine gun??? :ph34r:

No toy version of exploding arrows or an M-60 Machine gun??? ph34r.gif

Actually I did have a lil toy machine gun and when my grandparents lived by an airfield with lots of tall grass, I would hide in there and sneak up on my cousins and yell "DON'T PUSH IT! I'll give you a war you'd never believe" of sorts.

It really started to piss them all off. Then one day while we were eating dinner somewhere, I had a butter knife to my grandpa's chest and he opened up his shirt showing off the scar on his chest from heart surgery several years prior, and that pretty much ended my rambo phase.

I'm probably going to see this for the 80s nostalgia of it all.

But I always found First Blood at odds with its sequels. The first movie was actually quite a "low-key" affair. Ok, "low-key" probably aren't the first words that most would associate with Rambo but its setting and the emotional/psychological elements of the movie were pretty heavy. Stallone did some pretty serious acting in that movie.

The sequels are what people define as being quintessentially "Rambo" but I much prefer the first. It's when he became a superhero that the series took its first wrong turn.

Oh. But then we wouldn't have those fake plastic pectorals and rubber knives hanging up in stores before Halloween.

I guess it's a toss up.

• 4 weeks later...

Okay so a week has passed since the movie was released, maybe I was th eonly one who bought it? XD

It was VERY entertaining to watch it all over again without people behind you talking during the film and being able to notice some things that I didn't catch before.

And I do like the extras and the commentary by Stallone since he was the director of the film.

Behind the scenes documentary you learn a few things about the movie not going to be made and when it was decided how they wanted to do it. The first idea of the movie really reminded me of Arnold's Commando movie and hwo that could of been a big rip off, but Stallone while thinking, not a bad idea, decided against it later and did some research wanting to make the film as realistic as possible. Thus we get the Burma setting. Also interesting tid bit of info for those who didn't know, the main bad guy, Major Tin, was infact an ex Karen Rebel soldier who was called a Hero to many people.

It's also not only against the law to have this film in Burma right now, but it's punishable by death if you sell or own a copy of Rambo :p funny how that works out? And how the government uses everything it can to keep the war of Burma out of the news seeing how the situation is far worse than anything we have seen or heard in Iraq. (We probably should be in Burma more than we should be in Iraq....but difficult to do so.)

I really enjoyed the extras and the effort they put into this film with the low budget this movie was givin cause people just didn't have alot of faith in Rambo as it was already in production before Rocky.

The sequels are what people define as being quintessentially "Rambo" but I much prefer the first.

First Blood is my favorite too, the story was at its best in that one. It was good enough where it didn't need sequels. None of the sequels were bad by all means, but they lack the emotional impact that the 1st one had. I rank them like this:1,4,3,2. 2 and 3 were sequels that weren't too surprising, given the basic premise of the political climate at the time, and the war he had just returned from, it made sense for Rambo to return to Vietnam. The 3rd one was to be expected as well, since Afghanistan was the hotspot, and it was during the Cold War.

I have heard that there might be a few more Rambo movies down the pipeline. So long as Stallone has control over what goes down, they should turn out well.

I finally got around to watching this on BD... and yeah, to people who think Stallone exaggerated the situatin in Burma... sorry, you guys have no idea what you're talking about.

I thought it was pretty good overall and I definitely liked it more than the last Rambo movie and I liked that the violence wasn't stylized or kiddified.

I enjoyed the theme of the movie and the idea but seriously the gore factor was crazy.

It felt more like a horror movie(war is horror I know) than an action one.

I still love the first 2 the best but this was pretty cool.

The Blu-ray is pretty bad ass. Visuals and Sound are top notch. 7.1 lossless had bullets whizzing all around me. The plot was a bit too abrupt and might have done better with the deleted scenes mixed back in (I hope this, via seamless branching, becomes the norm at least one of these days). Thought the mercs let him join them a bit too easy, too.

I think a better plot that might have fit in better would have been Rambo leading mercs/commandos semi-regularly in and out.

But then, I think the ideal Rambo plot would have him revisiting the guys from Rambo 3 but on the other side. :D

This movie is more gory than the whole SAW franchise. I really wish they had violated that Missionary chick proper, though...