Smokescreen Alternator

Sam

This thing is sweeter than my 1/48 and I'm not even a TransFan...I got a better impression of it right out of the box. Hey, but that's just me.

I don't own a 1/48 but this thing is definitely superior than the 1/60s!! The car mode is spotless... my friend saw smokescreen in car mode and he thought it was one of those die cast models. :lol: The inside of the car is a nice touch specially since it has plastic covers on the doors, and has seats and a steering wheel, shift, handbreak, etc.

I can't wait for Optimus Prime either!!

~Tico

How much are the Hasbro version going for? I might get it for my little nephew...

then I can point and laugh at him whan I show him my die cast version!!! :lol:

Exo

BBTS has them for about $23 so they probably will be around $20 at normal retail places. Did you get your Takara ones yet?

How much are the Hasbro version going for?  I might get it for my little nephew...

then I can point and laugh at him whan I show him my die cast version!!!  :lol:

Exo

BBTS has them for about $23 so they probably will be around $20 at normal retail places. Did you get your Takara ones yet?

Not yet. Danny did the order and he said it probably won't be until next week that we get our shipment. :( Hehe, he'll be in China for 2 mos and I'll have 4 smokescreens just sitting there!

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

He's so pretty! :p

I've got ONE (#8) but I really don't want to open it until I have another. Does anyone know where I can possibly still buy Smokescreen? (Ideally something besides the crap-shoot that is e-bay) I'd love to have both another number 7 and an 8! Anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy? :ph34r:

Thanks,

Melissa

I've got ONE (#8) but I really don't want to open it until I have another. Does anyone know where I can possibly still buy Smokescreen? (Ideally something besides the crap-shoot that is e-bay) I'd love to have both another number 7 and an 8! Anyone have any suggestions as to where to buy? :ph34r:

Thanks,

Melissa

Well, I noticed that YesAnime.com still has some, but that's probably because they want $75.00 for him. Otherwise, BBTS expects to get in more this month or next month, so you could pre-order one.

Thanks,

Melissa

digital-toys.com will have them again in 2-3 weeks... (supposedly) I don't think any store has them right now for a decent price.

~Tico

As far as I know, he's your run of the mill mass produced Transformer. It's just that he was so in demand from the moment those toy show pics came up online.

Email SpideyJ from Blasto Toys. He MIGHT have a couple left. MIGHT.

Subaru enthusiasts are also into this toy. I doubt they counted on that.

Edited by wrylac

Hmm, i've preorderd 2 Takaras on BBTS, but I'm thinking to add a plastic Hasbro version, just to play with it...

Or shall I get the 20th anniversary Prime..?

Aaargh!

BT-01 now available again at hlj.com :lol:

I was at my local toys-r-us and guess what I saw. A freakin large @$$ radio- controlled subaru wrx that looks exactly like alternators smokescreen. I was about to buy it but found out it cost $99.99. :o . Is there anyone else out there that saw this thing?

What scale was it? 1/10th?

I remember seeing a really large R/C WRX when I was in Japan a few years ago, I decided to go for the 1/10th Calsonic Skyline thought instead. Damn that was a bitch bringing back. <_<

I was at my local toys-r-us and guess what I saw. A freakin large @$$ radio- controlled subaru wrx that looks exactly like alternators smokescreen. I was about to buy it but found out it cost $99.99. :o . Is there anyone else out there that saw this thing?

I saw that the other day. It's actually a 2002 Impreza (Smokescreen is a 2003), and the funny thing is that even though it's so big it's not even half as detailed as Smokescreen. Hell, it doesn't even have side mirrors! <_<

blasto doesn't have any :(

which would be cheaper for a Canadian..ordering from HLJ or BBTS?

edit: nm i just pre-ordered #7 from bbts. now i wonder if i should get the Viper. how big are these things anyway?

Edited by MrDisco

The scale is 1/24 : just have a look at collectible cars and you can guess that the Alternator line is twice as big as G1 line :lol:

The scale is 1/24 : just have a look at collectible cars and you can guess that the Alternator line is twice as big as G1 line :lol:

well my local TrU had a bunch of re-issue G1s among them Silverstreak and Jazz. Wow were those guys ever tiny. are you saying the Alternator is twice the size of them? if so i may have to pickup the Viper.

well my local TrU had a bunch of re-issue G1s among them Silverstreak and Jazz. Wow were those guys ever tiny. are you saying the Alternator is twice the size of them? if so i may have to pickup the Viper.

Smokescreen is a little bit taller than re-issue Soundwave.