Smokescreen Alternator

Sam

*hmmm... mental note... smokescreen doesn't like camera, acts aggressively, aims gun when provoked*

PPL, I hope these pix show u how fantastic this latest release of Transformers is, I know Im hanging out to see whatelse comes our way!

Enjoy, if u want more pix post here !

ITS HUGE TOO !! See pix in toys section compared to low viz !

post-26-1066137575_thumb.jpg

Absolutely agreed! I got 2 of these - one of them was actually a wedding gift for my best friend who is a big Transformer fan. If you are looking to get one, I would HIGHLY suggest trying the Big Bad Toy Store (www.bigbadtoystore.com). Joel not only had them for very reasonable prices (I got the set of 2 for only $110, and they are going individually on eBay for about $80 now), but he also rushed it to me in time for my friend's wedding. I simply cannot say enough about the service... or the Transformer, for that matter! I am extremely excited about this new line and am in awe of Takara's newfound toymaking skill.

But I think this raises the question... who will the first Decepticon be?! My money is on Starscream. Hmmm, maybe I'll actually create my first poll about this.

Hes the size of a 1/24 scale car and slightly taller than a armada deluxe in robot mode .

Got mine today (no 7) though i'm scared of tfing it for fear i'll scratch the lovely paintwork :o I'll use Hasbro's version instead for that department

theres some pics of the Hasbro version here if anyone wants to compare

Edited by Prowlus

I know I know!! OLD THREAD! But I just got it today from Blasto, and I was surprised on how huge it is. I've yet to transform it (It still has it packaging tape around it) and I'm affraid of the paint chips, so I'm gettin the US version.

Smokescreen is a mixture of plastic and diecast with the paint on the plastic mimicing the exact shade of blue paint the metal has. Hasbro has no excuses to not release it in this shade of blue.

Hi everyone :D

I learnt that the release of BT-02 would be delayed form December to February :angry: . Does anyone have more information about that : I still doubt cause it's still on preorder at hlj.com for a December release...

Wow WOW WOOOW... i just got my smokescreen from digital-toys.com and what can i say... i'm speechless. This thing is simply awesome! The transformation is ingenious and complex! It took my like 30 minutes to transform it for the first time... and another 30 mins to transform it back to car... phew!! I'm really happy with the toy... like the thread name says: If you don't have it yet, GO GET IT!! :D

~Tico

I just picked up the Takara version from E-Bay........quick question. Is there any difference between the #7 and 8 version? :ph34r:

How much is the die cast content compared to the Hasbro release? :ph34r:

Just got mine from Blasto. I'm speechless. This is one of the most beautiful toys I've ever held, far surpassing ANY of the valk toys (that I so dearly love!). The transformation, while intricate, isn't that difficult and I found that everything kind of fell into place after only a few minutes. Of course all the pictures I've been gazing at on the web for the last several months probably played a large role in helping me know where everything should go. I love how the seats fold up to his sides, how his head comes out of the hood...everything!

It's so cool how similar they really did make this to the original Smokescreen (Prowl, Bluestreak, etc). The door/wings, the way the arms fold under the front (not identical, but similar), the way you have to rotate the waist so the legs are facing the right direction, the spoilers on his toes, and obviously the head. Oh, and something I've never heard anyone mention is how they designed the gun after the original Smokescreen's gun. Look at them side by side (maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow) and you can see how they are definately related. Takara put a lot of love into this guy and I'll be cherishing this as one of the brightest gems in my collection of toys.

In other words, I think it's neato. :lol:

i have a couple chips on the front left fender, from where the shoulder rotates up against the fender part of the torso, but they are currently small. plus a few other chips from the parts designed to rub and lock against each other (which are almost all on the underside of the car or inside). and i did notice the similarity in the guns and the transformation, its a very cool toy.

Edited by motley

I got mine the other day. I have some chipping on his abdomen, which I must say is genius engineering. The chairs fold up to form the obliques. I can't stop playing with him. I only wished they'd included rotors and calipers as there is definitely room for them.

I've seen the pictures of the Hasbro version. It looks like an uncared for car, the plastic sheen makes it look unwaxed. The Takara version has a nice deep metallic luster.

I just picked up the Takara version from E-Bay........quick question. Is there any difference between the #7 and 8 version?  :ph34r:

How much is the die cast content compared to the Hasbro release?  :ph34r:

Yes, is there is one small difference, other than the obvious number and driver name differences. It is the small logo on the the rear view mirrors of the # 7 car that are not on the #8. You can see it clrearly in madmacks pics. Here is the pic of the #7 & #8:

7.jpg

8.jpg

As for the diecast content, I can't help you there because I didn't bother to read up on the Hasbro version, but the Takara version has plenty of die cast for me, and no stickers. :D:ph34r:

Edited by Smut Peddler

Hasbro's version will be all plastic, but will retail for less than $30 (hopefully $20 like they predicted).

I transformed it last night. Most confusing transformation sequence ever. And it's a work in irony. I got paint chips. but in the plastic sections (Nastiest in the front wheel hinge sections and the section underneath the door where swrt.com is painted on). the diecast is in impeccable shape. I so long for touch up paint. :(

I got mine yesterday! Looks great, but I've accidentally chipped some paint off the area that becomes the middle torso. I'm tempted to bring it with me to a Subaru dealer and ask for a bottle of touch up paint... I know somebody on this board mentioned that the paint mached exactly with what Subaru gave him.

Can't wait for Optimus Prime!