The Gurren Lagann Thread.

You choose to ignore the facts on-screen?

Being technologically superior to a younger spiral race doesn't mean it knows what actions Simon would take. The anti-spirals just put lots of fail safes so that with every one that got defeated, there's another one that will take its place. For all you know, 1000 other spiral races went the same route as Simon but most failed at the Spiral planet extermination program and the anti-spiral gave the same speech to each of them, "Ho ho ho we knew u would come this far".

Example: If i put 10 firewalls to my computer server, does it mean I know the virus will beat every single firewall until the 9th? No. I'm just preventing the virus from doing its harm from firewall no.1. If it beats the 10th firewall, then it just means the virus/hacker is just too powerful then i can give my "You're too good" speech before my server crashes and dies.

And all I'm saying, is in a series where the technology exists to create alternate universes, throw planets at super robots that are even bigger than most solar systems, & immortals can create life on a whim, similar people existing with similar idea's under similar circumstances isn't too terribly unlikely.

I mean hell, the Anti-Spirals were bassically Rossiu, & the Spirals were Simon.

Shrug. I'll just say "alternate Simon" is the best interpretation of episode 1 to me. Besides the target they were gonna fire the Elsheim Cannon at seems to be the "Dimensional Galactic Government" (depending on your subs) seemingly to mean a mass alliance of spiral beings against Earth/Simon, not the Anti-spirals.

And i really liked the tie in of episode 1 to episode 27 with the phrases "All these heavenly lights....are our enemies / are our friends" thing.

Episode 1 could also be just Boota's parallel dream universe. We didn't get to see much of his dream (if anything) when Simon was recalling all the Gurren members from the Anti Spiral dream trap.

*edit*

The now obligatory 300 trailer with *insert name here*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHPxLhfFzk4...40cf434b0014054

And magical girl Simon

Edited by Twoducks

Check the link out.

The 16th of October was a magical day, a day where the creators of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann held an ‘Anime Style Event’ in order to promote their show. But this was more of an event to nourish their hungry fans rather than promote an already popular show. During this event, the creators answered questions fans were dieing to hear; consequently, saving the lives of 15 fangirls who were going to take their own lives because of concerns regarding Simmon and Nia’s relationship. After the event these answers where then transferred over to 2channel, then to 4chan, then here; if that isn’t fresh, then I don't know what is. This treasure-trove of information can be found after the jump; but beware of spoilers.

Alot of Q&A about Gurren Lagann with the creators.....and its all spoiler material.

http://www.japanator.com/the-secrets-of-gu...-6714.phtml#ext

I LOL-ed about how they didn't have char designs for the epilogue and basically pulled them out of someone's ass ....figuratively speaking. And they were even prepared for GL to go down the route of EVA and prepared a script for a live broadcast in case of budget constraints. Typical Gainax. XD

Check the link out.

Alot of Q&A about Gurren Lagann with the creators.....and its all spoiler material.

http://www.japanator.com/the-secrets-of-gu...-6714.phtml#ext

I LOL-ed about how they didn't have char designs for the epilogue and basically pulled them out of someone's ass ....figuratively speaking. And they were even prepared for GL to go down the route of EVA and prepared a script for a live broadcast in case of budget constraints. Typical Gainax. XD

Now you know who to hate for all the Attenborough love :lol:

Where does the beginning scene in episode 1 fit into the story?

It hasn't all been written down. Perhaps it fits into everyone's hearts?

Meaning...Gainax doesn't even know where they were going with it?

(from the audience) A movie?

I'd be happy if someone made it.

I too would be happy!

Does Leeron not age at all?

It looks that way because you're looking at him from a distance. If you get closer, you'll see that he has small wrinkles. And he's that technologically talented. If he could do maintenance on mecha, he can do maintenance on his own face.

That's make my day :huh:

Any news on DVD release for this series? With my current computer set-up (laptop with a dead fan, long story) I'm relegated to watching short clips on YouTube, and that aint cool. From the bits I've seen I'm really excited to see the full series.

Jumbalaya!

post-407-1193447508_thumb.jpg

Hmmm at first I thought this might have been new pics of Konami's High Impact figure, but it looks way too plasticy and limited detail to be the one Konami is offering for close to $200. Anyone know what figure type this is? and for how much?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Get ready guys, the first dvd will apparently be solicited pretty soon. :D

Saw this in Animeondvd's forum, someone found a listing in a store computer or something, $30, no release date yet and no mention of any kind of SE though. :(

Awesome news! I'm definitely on board for this. B))

That'll do nicely untill Bandai comes up with the real goods. :D

My only concern is that Revoltechs have limited numbers of accessories, just how many drill bits do you think they'll be able to pack in! :lol:

Also, no wings, wtf!

Edited by Fort Max