The Gurren Lagann Thread.

I gotta be honest, I think it looks worse with the dark background and the logo's kind of cheap looking. I just got ADV's Godannar thinpak yesterday and they converted the logo for that perfectly, I honestely don't think they could have gotten it any closer but this just looks poor.

Not that it matters, I can't wait to buy this!

Looks like they are going to use the R2 covers, the one linked to above was just a placeholder cover.

Sweet, that is just what I wanted to hear. Thanks Keith.

And regarding the revoltech, it looks kinda odd how it's jointed so the top of Gurren's mouth can twist around sepeate to the bottom part and there's no drills or wing pack in sight, Other then that though it;s pure win!

Edit, I was browsing gametrailers.com and came across this subbed version of the 12 minute OVA episode that shipped with the DS game. I hadn't seen it so I figured others here wouldn't have either. Emjoy but be sure to read the text under the video player as it explains who the extra characters are.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/125597.html

Edited by Fort Max

The OVA was just silly fun. It added nothing new to the main story aside from some friggin furries.

I'm not sure how legit this image is, but this could be ADV's Region 1 boxart for GL.

2000627149854600689_rs.jpg

The funny thing is that it's the same text used on the R2 release.

Although, I think it looks better executed in this version superimposed on top of of the clear casing

2000360403928730429_rs.jpg

They've also confirmed it'll be a 6 disc release!

REALLY? This is rather shocking news. :wacko:

Isn't it more common to stretch a 26 to 27 episode series out over 8 or 9 DVD's?

I know I'm a latecomer, but I just started watching Gurren Lagann this week. Holy hell, this show is all kinds of awesome! I'm only three episodes in, and I already see why you guys have been so excited about the Revoltech figure coming out. :lol:

And the upcoming ADV release is a six-disc set? This sounds too good to be true!

Well the Queen is losing popularity, apparently only a quarter of us are expected to listen to the snoozefest that is her Christmas address this year. I haven't even beeen subjected to it since my Grandfather died nearly ten years ago now.

I whole heartedly support this revision of my national flag, make it happen Gordon*!

* Gordon Brown recently took over from Tony Blair as Prime Minister just in case anyone's in the dark about that.

I would gladly move to a country that adopts the Gurenn Brigates symbol into their flag. Even if I have to pay more taxes. :lol:

"It represents shouting "UNION!" and joining together; kicking reason to the curb and doing the impossible; fighting the power, and piercing the heavens,"

Ooooh, the manly tears, the be coming out of my eyes now. So beautiful.

The new Yoko figure looks nice, unless screws bother you. Now I must decided weather to get one or to wait for the inevitable Revoltech Yoko...

http://silencer82.blog99.fc2.com/blog-entry-143.html

Hips, ass, & breats are all too small for a proper Yoko sculpt. That Yoko needs to eat!

Edited by Keith

Does Konami make those Bouso Shinki figures? This new Yoko's sculpt really reminds me of those. And that naked, boobless pictures is really creepy. :ph34r:

Creepy doesn't even begin to describe it..