The Gurren Lagann Thread.

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my shipping notice from HLJ for the box (of 10) TTGL trading figures!! I'm so excited! I didn't even know these were out yet. My desk will now be full of burning spirit, epic GAR, and Yoko goodness. :D

These are what I'm talking about:

http://www.hlj.com/product/KNM13485

Please take a LOT of pics when they arrive. B))

That's EXACTLY why I'm holding off on purchasing it.

2001611188215280070_rs.jpg

New information for Gurren-Lagann's movie from Megami Magazine (THX to CSakuraS for translation)

-It will be a reconstruction of the TV series with a lot of new cuts.

-There's going to be more than one movie, but it will NOT be split up like Part 1: Simon as a boy and Part 2: Simon as a man. They won't make it like a straight summary either. "If we're going to tell a story, it will be told in battle. While throwing in new cuts, we plan on making it a work that has the surging hotness that you felt watching the TV version at the forefront."

-Because the dialogue won't match up if they're doing a reconstruction, all of the dialogue will be newly recorded.

-They would like to create more new works after the movie. They have many stories from the seven years after Lord Genome was defeated. If the movie is a hit, the possibility of them making more will become higher.

-The movie will have music as its theme? (People on 2ch are speculating it might be like a professional MAD.)

-They're creating several new animated works, a little of which will be shown at the Anime Fair. The staff will differ for each one. Each one will be short, but have the staff's hot feelings packed in. They're still unsure when they'll be able to get these to the fans.

-It seems implied that Nia is the main heroine of the movie, because when asked about the female characters, he replies that it's sad that Yoko and the three sisters might end up in the background.

So what was that actually about?

Looked like just a boatload of clips.

Shoko Nakagawa sang sora mimi days , the OP to Gurren Lagann....otherwise that looked like just a music vid for another song. Personally i feel japanese music videos are kinda boring and stupid and have nothing to do with the song they are singing but otherwise the songs can be pretty catchy.

There's a WHOLE lotta GL figures coming this way in the next month.

Definitely. But more options is a good thing!

Looks like the Great Impact Gurren Lagann diecast figure is out early:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...%3D1&page=1

And, damn, I thought the Revoltech figure would be enough to satisfy me, but this is looking incredible. DO WANT!

Definitely. But more options is a good thing!

Looks like the Great Impact Gurren Lagann diecast figure is out early:

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthread...%3D1&page=1

And, damn, I thought the Revoltech figure would be enough to satisfy me, but this is looking incredible. DO WANT!

What's the one on the right of the impact model? I don't know if i should get it. Looks too glossy.

490614.8125.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention...i-entertainment

"Aniplex and Bandai Entertainment will be bringing out the North American release of Gurren Lagann. To get this highly anticipated anime out to fans as soon as possible, there will be two separate releases. In July, August, and September, the entire series will be brought out in a bare-bones sub-only format, at nine episodes per DVD. This will be followed in the first months of 2009 by a more standard release, containing both the original Japanese audio and a completely new English dub. Scenarios for online distribution are also being considered."

Sub for me, please!

NINE per DVD!?!?!?!?

Who the hell do you think I am?!?!?

B))B))B))B))

Could be worse. Bandai Visual could have gotten it and each volume would probably be around $100.00. But I'm glad it's coming. I'll get the subbed version as I do not need a dubbed one.

I assume these will be two disc sets.

At least, they better be. More than five episodes is pushing it...

EDIT

Thank you, Paploo of ANN's boards,

Bandai has a press release postedon AonDVD's forums, which mentions it'll be two-disc subbed sets at 29.98 each, released monthly starting in July.
Edited by Mercurial Morpheus

Won't the quality take a hit with that compression? On the other hand, it would make things cheaper...

Those better be two disc sets, even Tekkaman Blade only pushed 7 eps.

Could be worse. Bandai Visual could have gotten it and each volume would probably be around $100.00. But I'm glad it's coming. I'll get the subbed version as I do not need a dubbed one.

40$ per disc, and the quality would be much better.

Nice! Hopefully they redo the subs none of that "galatic waterfall" $hit, or whatever it was. B))

And with Bandai, we're sure to get "Gurren Brigade" instead of "Team Gurren."

OMFG. I am 6 months late with Gurren Lagann but I just completed the entire series over the weekend. Just freaking awsome. So much hot-bloodness and GAR. It is what anime used to be

After the final battle's "Gurren Lagann Russian Doll Sequence", I was so hyped, I felt the need to drill something...anime is alive again!!!!! My hat off to Gainax.

post-3608-1209186826.gif

Edited by Mowe