Toynami news on their Beta and 1/100 Fast Packs

Here's what they sent me. I removed my name from it.

Thank you for your interest in our Macross 1/100 scale line. The fast packs are not cancelled and will release later this year. The Beta Fighter is also still in the works and is not cancelled. We apologize if some emails do not make its way to us. Please inform the members, if they do not receive a reply within 48 hours, please forward the message again. Please check back soon for updates on new Macross/Robotech product. Thank you for your support.

Best Regards,

Customer Service

Toynami, Inc.

It's good news in my opinion. :D

Yeah, this is a sore subject. Basically, it just means that anything is possible... they may, or may not make the Beta. Right now, it's just a marketing gimmick to get people to buy more of the problematic Alphas. It's tough getting a good apple out of the rotten tree. :D

Been fooled once by Toynami not again. Need to see the Beta boxed and ready for shipping not their resin floor model before I trust anything from them.

Not going to hold my breath about the Fast Packs but will get them if the price is low.

Toynami is just evil. If CM does make and sell the L&G kits, whether or not Toynami makes a beta will not concern me. However if the CM's does not get released and Toynami's is I will only buy one that will be the last cent they get from me. I don't plan on getting the cyclones I have 2 of the Gakken already

Translation:

The Beta Fighter you see at conventions is the only one we have made, and we are negotiating the release of the molds from terrorists.

Translation :

We are still negotiating with the terrorists we hope to hire to steal the molds from CM corporation and burn their factory down. Of course this means that our Beta won't join with our Alpha but we won't tell anyone until the pre-orders are over.

At least they bothered to reply.

I had to mail Hasbro 5 times untill they acctually thought it was worth the time and effort, even then the reply was just a crappy cut and paste job with a pointless comment added at the bottom telling me what I already knew and not answering the question.

After reading a number of threads like this I'm actually quite glad I've never had any interest in the Alpha. I still like the ride armors though.

There should be Strike cannons included with the FP sets... The earlier pictures all showed Strike cannons.

Just curious, would you or anyone around here happen to have pics of 1/100's w/FAST packs? I would assume they're protos but I'd still like to see them.

Just email Toynami and you will get replacements. I had mine within a week of email about it. Yamato still has not responded to my email last week about getting replacement shoulders for my Garland. By this time I already had my replacement socket from Toynami.

The 1/100 would look small on the Bandai stand but would fit. The stand comes with all kinds of adapters for the mounting arm. Using it currently on a Toynami Alpha and a Bandai VF-17S.

I wonder how well they'd fit on Bandai's new be all/end all base,

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN948215

Fast pack parts are sweet, sooner or later I have got to get some of these.

I'm so proud of Toynami for being such a professional organization.

Please inform the members, if they do not receive a reply within 48 hours, please forward the message again.

AKA- We don't care very much about our consumers. Please do our news dissemination for us.

big F- Bear in mind that Hasbro will stay in business with or without your support. Toynami, on the other hand, is a small company serving a specialized fanbase. Prudence would suggest that they keep that fanbase well-informed of developments.

The 1/100 would look small on the Bandai stand but would fit. The stand comes with all kinds of adapters for the mounting arm. Using it currently on a Toynami Alpha and a Bandai VF-17S.

Well I think Bandai designed their stands to fit with everything from the 1/200 HCM Pros up to the Master Grades and someone told me that these are bigger then HCMP's in the other thread so they should look ok.

Any thoughts on whether Toynami will release additional VFA-6Hs if, and when, Toynami releases a Beta? I assume they would come out with the blue vairiant first, but with recent news of 2 SC alphas to be released this summer, I wonder if a SC color variant Beta would be in the offing before we see a blue one??? :huh:

I have long speculated the VFA-6H didn't see a full 15K production run but Kevin at the Valk Exchange stated last time I brought up that conspiracy that he believed all were made and sold. I'm still not 100% convinced but he'd know a heck of a lot better than I would. If Toynami were smart it'd be sand bagging a few thousand Scott MPCs for a Beta release. Starting with a Shadow Beta might also make great sense since it'd go with three MPC releases rather than just the one.

Guest sh002

I just realized Toynami could rerelease the 1/100 Power Armor and resculpt some of the 6" figures to accompany their Macross Valkyries.

I have to believe that they have some 6hs on the shelves to pair up with a blue Beta. Who is going to buy a $200 blue beta if they don't have a blue alpha to go with it? Does Toynami really think that a person without a 6h in hand is going to scour the internet and ebay for a $170 6h just to pair it up with the Beta? It just doesn't make sense.

CM's has the right merchandising and marketing plan to package the alpha and beta together. Toynami would sell a lot more alphas that way, but I don't see it as a likely sales strategy. Maybe they'll release an additional 1500 or something. Who knows... I am so over Toynami and their "hide the ball" BS with this beta...

All Toynami would have to do is reissue the alpha as a Shadow Chronicles version with no limit.

They can even keep Scott on the bookend since he is shown flying his blue alpha and beta in it.

Shadow Chronicles Scott Bernard Alpha + Beta Masterpiece.

All you suckas (me included) that bought the first Scott Alpha, too bad, you don't get a seperate Beta.

:wacko:

Chowser might be onto something if you believe Toynami would actually do any re-tooling to come up with a new MPC Alpha for the Shadow Chronicles. If they re-tooled the Alpha, improved upon it, and made it with the foresight of a future Beta release that might be something truly awesome (except for the vocal few who ONLY bought an Alpha once they saw that Toynami was CONSIDERING making a Beta). I don't see that happening though. Toynami looks to be doing simple repaints for their Shadow Chronicles lines. If they do a MPC Scott SC version they better give it metallic paint or something to differentiate it or else fans will probably scream bloody murder.

If they do a MPC Scott SC version they better give it metallic paint or something to differentiate it or else fans will probably scream bloody murder.

At this point, does Toynami actually still have any fans? :p j/k

At this point, does Toynami actually still have any fans? :p j/k

I wouldn't exactly consider myself a 'fan' of theirs, but at the same time there seem to be many here who exhibit far higher levels of Toynami butt-hurtedness than I. I think that's about the best to be hoped for in these parts :lol:

Toynami's got one big fan in me, at least, but I don't bother checking these threads very often, because the ratio of useful news to pointless bashing is pretty bad. I don't know where people get the energy to repeatedly post to threads about toys they don't even like. :p

Toynami's got one big fan in me, at least, but I don't bother checking these threads very often, because the ratio of useful news to pointless bashing is pretty bad. I don't know where people get the energy to repeatedly post to threads about toys they don't even like. :p

I think that is what we are known for on toyboxdx as well LOL.

I hope the FAST packs come out soon.