WONDER FESTIVAL Feb 25th

Graham

I'm going to be attending Wonder Festival in Tokyo on Sunday February 25th 2007.

I'll make sure to take lots of pics of the Yamato 1/60 SV-51 which will be on display and any other interesting stuff I see. Then I'll produce a Blackaces-style report when I get back home. :p

I'm going to be free on the evening Saturday 24th, so I'm just wondering if there are any Tokyo-based MWers that would like to get together for drinks & dinner?

Graham

"focused" being the key word here. There are far too many nimrods running around out there who don't seem to understand this concept. :rolleyes:

U realise that photos are not allowed and usually shots have to be shot discreetly? :rolleyes:

*remembers scary yamato booth guy in last summer wonderfest*

Graham, you going there independently or you got a Press pass? Cuz if you're independent, prepared to be dispatched by scary yamato guy..... but perseverance pays off! :lol:

And also very important....if you got a press pass no problems. You get to go in without queing up. If not, i wish you best of luck. The queue will be humongous. If you don't camp the line the night before, be prepared to wait 1-2 hours to get into the convention hall.

he's got the yamato connections :lol:

U realise that photos are not allowed and usually shots have to be shot discreetly? :rolleyes:

*remembers scary yamato booth guy in last summer wonderfest*

Graham, you going there independently or you got a Press pass? Cuz if you're independent, prepared to be dispatched by scary yamato guy..... but perseverance pays off! :lol:

I'm going to be free on the evening Saturday 24th, so I'm just wondering if there are any Tokyo-based MWers that would like to get together for drinks & dinner?

To all our Tokyo-based MW bretheren, I just have one "minor" request:

1. Have Graham drink some sake.

2. Repeat Step 1.

3. Repeat Step 1.

4. Repeat Step 1.

5. Repeat Step 1.

6. Repeat Step 1, as much as deemed necessary.

7. Ask Graham about the upcoming Yamato products. :D:lol: (.........I'm joking, of course. ;))

To all our Tokyo-based MW bretheren, I just have one "minor" request:

1. Have Graham drink some sake.

2. Repeat Step 1.

3. Repeat Step 1.

4. Repeat Step 1.

5. Repeat Step 1.

6. Repeat Step 1, as much as deemed necessary.

7. Ask Graham about the upcoming Yamato products. :D:lol: (.........I'm joking, of course. ;))

No, Graham has to get the reps from Yamato drunk on sake, get them to spill the beans, and then give Graham the okay to post said insider news on Macross World! ^_^

I agree, Graham shouldn't do the drinking.

This quote is from the YF-19 thread.

Not much to tell, at least not much I can reveal. My contact was pretty tired from travelling, so I didn't want to push him too much for info.

I made discussing the VF-0 & YF-19 problems top priority, but after getting that out of the way, we mostly drank and ate a lot. I was pretty hung over the next day. I did learn some interesting stuff about some new non-Macross projects tho.

Graham

Maybe Yamato gave Graham permission to disclose all he knows about upcoming releases, but he just drank so much that he forgot all about it.

:p:ph34r:

BTW. shouldn't this be in the Conventions and Local gatherings thread? B))

Have a great time Graham. I was hoping to get there myself this year but my job got in the way again. Still I have my Tokyo spy in place and he say he and his misses are going so hopefully I`ll get two reports.

Graham

I'm up for some drinking, and I'll be going to WF too. PM me when it gets closer to the date.

• 2 weeks later...

Off to the airport in a few hours to catch the plane to Tokyo.

Still trying to decide if I should bother taking my laptop with me. It's extra weight and I won't be staying in my hotel room much except to sleep.

Still, it's gonna be strange to have no internet access for 3 days if I don't take it.

Originally I planned to take it so I could immediately start uploading photos from WonderFest on Sunday evening, but I've now got dinner plans Sunday and then Monday morning I'll be at Yamato's offices, so I won't really have time to work on the computer before my Monday afternoon flight anyway.

Graham

Well, it is great news you are for the big event and also visiting Yamato offices, just remember to take some pics of YAmmie palace so all haters here see the opulence!

My opinnion is loose the laptop and use the extra space to carry the cool stuff you will get!

I envy you soooooo much!

Good luck G-Man!

My opinnion is loose the laptop and use the extra space to carry the cool stuff you will get!

I envy you soooooo much!

Good luck G-Man!

Thats why I so love traveling on Virgin Atlatntic they class the laptop as business equiptment so it`s not added to your bagage allowance. Add that to the fact that in Narita Airport they never weigh your bags properly going back and you can get away with so much. Last year I came back with nearly double my allowance. Did get back ache from standing in arrivals for 1 hour though while waiting to go through passport control. Those air india flights every time I go to Japan we come back in behind an Air India filight or a Jamacan flights. Heathrow Customs seem to love em. Who brings back half a lamb carcase in hand lugage anyhow ?? by the time we get through they are like great someone sensible from somewhere sensible, no need to check his bags.

Edited by big F

Have fun at WF Graham.

If you didn't bring your laptop, don't worry, I'm sure the community will survive a couple of days more without pics from the event.

EDIT : Grammar

Edited by Lonewolf

Thats why I so love traveling on Virgin Atlatntic they class the laptop as business equiptment so it`s not added to your bagage allowance. Add that to the fact that in Narita Airport they never weigh your bags properly going back and you can get away with so much. Last year I came back with nearly double my allowance. Did get back ace from standing in arivals for 1 hour though while waiting to go throgh passport control.

Next time i get to go to Tokyo, i'm only travelling light, like... 1 pair of jeans and a couple of shirts. :p

Rest is for the good stuff! I was so worried about bringing back my two 19's and a couple of smaller anime purchases for the above luggage compartments (all other bags were full of clothes and presents from my russian side of the family :p), but in the end all was good.

Make your boxes smaller Yamato dammit! You'd sell more....