Code Geass

wolfx

*dodges pots and pans thrown at him*

I'll join you in the game of pot dodging. I didn't think much of MF's ending as well. Had "meh" written all over it for me. And judging by your discussions, looks like I missed quite a bit by snoozing off during those WTF episodes. Interesting stuff.

I liked this ending: it was unexpected and helped to rise the overal level of the show, but not a lot...

The series remains a decent show, and a (very) disappointing sequel

On to Gundam 00 season 2 now

I have cried since sunday T_T ... The ending was really awsome, but WHY!! do they leave CC alone! thats really sad .. anyways i think lulu is alive couse there was a lot of sings he is .. i have found this page with some theories saying (the same i have) Lulu is Alive!

I'm still hoping for a clearifying CD drama or maybe an OVA!

In a word. Meh.

I thought the first half of R2 was pretty weak. It got better after they droped all the crappy school stuff... and then become very crappy once everybody started coming back from the dead <_<

I did like the end though... it was well thought out... but I say the execution and eveything leading up to it was pretty lame.

IMO R2 felt like a total wast, especially considering how great the first season was. It has "production problem" written all over the place, I can't even remotely believe that this is what the creators had in mind after the first seaon.

Aww well...

-Sergorn

For a series that became a train wreck in the middle, CG R2 got a nice ending. All hail Lelouch....

I think I can compare CG R2 to God Emperor of Dune, as Lelouch (Leto II) sacrificed himself to safe humanity and giving the safekeeping task to Suzaku (Duncan Idaho). Both also have similiar trait, Lelouch have Geass (Leto II with his god like power), and Suzaku with his life-geass (Duncan Idaho with his Ghola series).

Edited by Morpheus

Anyone think the Directors/Writers will say one way or the other on this? I honestly think he's still alive. If you watch the scene at the end with CC, she actually looks (her eyes move upward) towards the cart driver when she says Lelouch. And the whole transfer of immortality thing seems plausible. There were a LOT of hints like the whole zero will live forever thing...

I was more of the impression that her eyes looked upward at the Sky as if talking to a dead person.... I really thought Lelouch was actually dead personally, though I guess it's possible he survives.

As long as they don't use it as an excuse to do a R3 :/

-Sergorn

dissapointed by geass final, they focused to so much on meaningless mecha battles (not that I don't like them), but if they are irrelevant why focus so much time on it instead of revealing more plot points... oh well.... since the ending of the first season I knew the show was going downhill...

In a word. Meh.

I thought the first half of R2 was pretty weak. It got better after they droped all the crappy school stuff... and then become very crappy once everybody started coming back from the dead <_<

I did like the end though... it was well thought out... but I say the execution and eveything leading up to it was pretty lame.

IMO R2 felt like a total wast, especially considering how great the first season was. It has "production problem" written all over the place, I can't even remotely believe that this is what the creators had in mind after the first seaon.

Aww well...

-Sergorn

What I think, exactly...

finally finished the series!

while it was a bit of a stretch and became convoluted in the middle parts (that all part about charles and marianne just didn't make sense to me), the ending was fantastic. i really felt for the characters in this one. add nunnaly's scream to my list of all time primal screams (Ikari Shinji still tops that list).

all in all, Code Geass (in its entirety) will remain as one of the more memorable animes for me. and that's saying something. :)

I have cried since sunday T_T ... The ending was really awsome, but WHY!! do they leave CC alone! thats really sad .. anyways i think lulu is alive couse there was a lot of sings he is .. i have found this page with some theories saying (the same i have) Lulu is Alive!

I'm still hoping for a clearifying CD drama or maybe an OVA!

after watching, i thought that he was alive. at least that's my interpretation of it. that link you gave actually listed a lot of signs that made me more convinced; but more than that, what really made me think he was alive was something that was not in that article:

Lelouche told Suzaku that Schneizel would still follow Zero/Suzaku's orders. In fact, in the last scenes, we see that Schneizel is still Zero and Nunnaly's lapdog.

If Lelouch really died, wouldn't the geass over Scheizel have been broken? Would Lelouche even risk keeping a master schemer as Schneizel alive unless he knew that he still had COMPLETE control over him?

Edited by dreamweaver13

Lelouche told Suzaku that Schneizel would still follow Zero/Suzaku's orders. In fact, in the last scenes, we see that Schneizel is still Zero and Nunnaly's lapdog. If Lelouch really died, wouldn't the geass over Scheizel have been broken? Would Lelouche even risk keeping a master schemer as Schneizel alive unless he knew that he still had COMPLETE control over him?

No, it doesn't at all. When Lelouch Geassed Schneizel, he specifically said "obey Zero," not "obey Lelouch." That means that as long as there's somebody dressed up as Zero, Schneizel will listen to that person.

No, it doesn't at all. When Lelouch Geassed Schneizel, he specifically said "obey Zero," not "obey Lelouch." That means that as long as there's somebody dressed up as Zero, Schneizel will listen to that person.

You missed my point. it's not a matter of "who" Schneizel was ordered to obey. it's the fact that he's STILL in thrall to the geass. lelouche would never risk keeping schneizel alive if there was any chance that his geass over him would be broken by his own "death".

I disagree. While interesting, it's a bit too contrived, and the depiction of CC was rather lame over all. The rest was okay, but it doesn't say much for Lelouch to just start it all over again as the ending.

Some info pertaining to the In Action!! Offshoot and ROBOT é­‚ (DAMASHII) releases of Code Geass frames:

IN ACTION!! OFFSHOOT

CODE GEASS: LELOUCH OF THE REBELLION

Z-01 Lancelot (BOX) (4/2008)

RPI-13 Sutherland (BOX) (4/2008)

RPI-13 Sutherland (Purist Faction Use) (BOX) (4/2008)

RPI-209 Gloucester (Gilbert G.P. Guilford’s Custom) (BOX) (5/2008)

RPI-00/SC Gloucester (Cornelia Li Britannia’s Custom) (BOX) (6/2008)

Type-02 Guren Mk II (BOX) (7/2008)

Z-01 Lancelot Conquista (BOX) (TRAY) (8/2008)

Type-10R Burai (Zero’s Custom) (TRAY) (10/2008)

Type-10R Burai (Black Knight’s Use) (TRAY) (10/2008)

Type-1R Burai Kai (Kyoshiro Tohdoh’s Custom) (11/2008)

LIMITED/EXCLUSIVE IN ACTION!! OFFSHOOT

RPI-11 Glasgow (12/2008)

TAMASHII WEB SHOP –- ???? units -- Exclusive release sold through the Tamashii Web Shop from August 25, 2008 to September 29, 2008.

RPI-13 Sutherland (Jeremiah Gottwald’s Custom) (12/2008)

TAMASHII WEB SHOP –- ???? units – Same as Purist Faction Sutherland, but includes exclusive air glide system and bazooka. Exclusive release sold through the Tamashii Web Shop from September 25, 2008 to October 27, 2008.

RPI-13 Sutherland Air (2/2009)

TAMASHII WEB SHOP –- ???? units -- Exclusive release sold through the Tamashii Web Shop from October 25, 2008 to November 28, 2008.

RPI-11 Glasgow/Type-10R Burai (Kallen Kozuki’s (aka Kallen Stadtfeld) Custom) (2/2009)

TAMASHII WEB SHOP –- ???? units -- Includes parts to configure as either Glasgow or Burai in exclusive colors. Exclusive release sold through the Tamashii Web Shop from October 25, 2008 to November 28, 2008.

ROBOT é­‚

R-007? IFX-V301 Gawain - Code Geass R2 - (12/2008)

R-008? Type-02 Guren Mk II (Aerial Type) - Code Geass R2 - (12/2008)

R-0?? Shinkirou - Code Geass R2 - (?/2009?)

R-0?? Akatsuki Jikisan Type - Code Geass R2 - (?/2009?)

R-0?? Lancelot Albion? - Code Geass R2 - (?/2009?) — KMF silhoutte in Dec. Hobby Japan

R-0?? Zangetsu - Code Geass R2 - (?/2009?)

:D

• 3 weeks later...

So is it confirmed that the Lancelot Albion and Shinkirou are going to be Robot Damashii releases or is it just speculation?

If they do not make the Albion a Robot Damashii maybe it will be made in the Mechanic Complete Model line like the other two Lancelot incarnations. I hope so, because it's the sleekest version in the whole series.

• 1 year later...