how much have you spent on yammies?

do not disturb

How much higher does everyone's totals go once we start including the misc. add-ons we put into our Yammies, such as:

* Aftermarket stickers or decals

* Panel-lining materials

* Sealants, etc.

* Recasted heads, different colored visors, different or repainted pilots, underarm/side armor, etc.

Obviously for customs, the costs are higher. But here, I'm just talking about the little details we add to make a BASIC Yammie look a little bit cooler.

As for me, I'll probably be somewhere around the US$1,000 mark after I get the YF-19.

How much higher does everyone's totals go once we start including the misc. add-ons we put into our Yammies

LOL, I haven't even applied a single factory decal to any of my Yammies. I can't say my total would change at all. I like the look of the done-up Yamatos but I don't trust my own ability in any of it to risk touching such an expensive toy... besides, there's something to be said of the clean and pure look too.

Kensei and Godzilla can take heart knowing that they still have only spent a fraction of what Lord Kung-Fu had. I mean, that guy even needs to calculate in the overhead from his climate-controlled warehouses buried deep within the sands of California's deserts.

(How long does Lord Kung-Fu have to have not posted here before I should stop making fun of him?)

This is like, the first time I've heard anyone tease him since I've posted by entire collection to prove that I actually had that number. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here and posting under a different alias, cause what we laughed about last time he was here mid year was too much of an embarrassment.

Oh good lord ... Considering I have almost an entire closet full of the little guys in their boxes now, I shudder to think of it. I've definitely scaled the habit back since I was grabbing one of each 1/60 that came out, but the new ones are so much more expensive it hardly seems to make a difference.

I'm definitely more picky now and won't shell out for repaints.

godzilla 1/48 count of 130 pcs at $135(for a standard non-FP valk for the sake of arguement), roughly comes to $17550! :blink: add-on the price of FP kits, super valks, and the rest of the yammies, and he's well over $20K. :o

like you said, i don't feel so bad anymore. :D

Bah. I have 22 FP kits and 12 GBPs as well. Good lord, I didnt want to know how much I spent. Some deals I did however get $110 valks on the CFs and others. As for the LVs, I think I paid 2 for $275. The rest were at the normal price. However, when I buy in bulk I get nice discounts. ;) So roughly my cost is around $20K including everything yammie I own. Good god... I cannot believe how much I spent on macross. I dont even want to know how much I spent on other stuff like my TFs and other anime... I think once it is said and done, all my toys (macross, joes, TFs, patlabor, Gakken alphas, Voltron, Space Battleship Yamato, Gits, Halo) I think $25-27K. `

LOL, I just totally had an image of a woman looking at the toys "Let's see, you have 12 of these 1/48s... yep, that's a new bag when I need one."

C'mon guys, we're crazy for having a bunch of toys but when you convert them into the kind of things girls "collect" (they'd never actually call it that) we're cheap dates!

LOL, I just totally had an image of a woman looking at the toys "Let's see, you have 12 of these 1/48s... yep, that's a new bag when I need one."

C'mon guys, we're crazy for having a bunch of toys but when you convert them into the kind of things girls "collect" (they'd never actually call it that) we're cheap dates!

This is very true. I bough a Coach bag for my wife for Christmas, $400.00 + another $150.00 for the matching wallet because ya' know, you can't have a purse without a matching wallet :rolleyes: . And she has several others already. Just 4 of her bags cost more than all 13 of my 1/48's.

My wife knows how much money is sitting in toys...She thinks of my toys as "reserve cash" for the rainy days... :blink:

i kind of see it as the same thing. i mean if i put the money i spent on toys into a savings acct, all i'd earn is 3-4% on that money, but since i started amassing toys, i've earned well over 4%. at worst i've earned 20%, the best i've earned 400%. not to mention its more fun doing something i enjoy to make some extra loot than just throwing into the bank and earning some extra loot.

This is very true. I bough a Coach bag for my wife for Christmas, $400.00 + another $150.00 for the matching wallet because ya' know, you can't have a purse without a matching wallet . And she has several others already. Just 4 of her bags cost more than all 13 of my 1/48's.

My "at-work-wife" (best female friend at work that everyone thinks I'm schtooping) just bought herself a USED bag for $1,700. I laughed at her. Her response, "Yeah, well I'm only getting one of these this year (LIES!), how many $100 toys will you be buying?"

My answer? "Not 17!" I may have lied too :)

Some of us members are probably in the early and mid 20s...so while you're thinking about completing the 1/48 collection...don't forget to throw some money on an IRA...that $2,000 can grow up to $45,000 by the time you're sixty five...and that's just one year's worth of investment!...guaranteed and untouched by IRS till you start using it later on.

But uh yeah...since I've bought my stuff from various online stores, Kevin's, TMPs and HLJ etc...including shipping

1/48 = $3029 close estimate

Sheeesh!

I say he's fair game for another year or so.

tease me or what eva you want to call it all you want. I still pull in more money in 1 month that you all do in a year put together. I have not visited because Im too busy, and since this site went down, this site has been a little slow. It only the same 10 people posting over and over.

This is like, the first time I've heard anyone tease him since I've posted by entire collection to prove that I actually had that number. I wouldn't be surprised if he is still here and posting under a different alias, cause what we laughed about last time he was here mid year was too much of an embarrassment.

You call that a collection. Nice way to store them too! Big plastic buckets. You should at least wrap each piece so they dont get paint wear from rubbing each other. Common sense people!

I try not to think about the how much I've spent on Macross toys... :blink: But it's definitely some number no one here has even come close to yet. :huh::rolleyes::wacko::ph34r:

ja! ja! ja! pish, I got more money in my toy collection than what your house is worth. :rolleyes:

ja! ja! ja! pish, I got more money in my toy collection than what your house is worth. :rolleyes:

Why do people say things like this? How do you know how much his house is worth? Do you even know if he has a house? What if he has many houses? Do you know how much each is worth? And even if you do have more money invested in your toy collection than the worth of his house, does that mean "you win"? Are we competing in some kind of contest that I didn't know about?

Why do people say things like this? How do you know how much his house is worth? Do you even know if he has a house? What if he has many houses? Do you know how much each is worth? And even if you do have more money invested in your toy collection than the worth of his house, does that mean "you win"? Are we competing in some kind of contest that I didn't know about?

Dude, relax. You haven't been around long enough to know that Lord Kung Fu has a reputation for being that way on this board. Most of us have learned to ignore the statements and not be baited by them; he's a troll, plain and simple. Whether he actually does have more of everything than we do, I really don't care and I'm sure no one else does either.

Oh, and why we'd ban Agent One and not a pointless troll like this one is beyond me...

Edited by myk

Exactly.....

I had two Toynami VF1S bookcases sitting in storage for the past few years...Finally decided to let one go and sold it for triple the amount of my initial purchase price.

I can't invest in stocks or mutual funds worth crap...I never made more than 6-8% in gains. Now, give me the same amount of money to buy toys and I could guarantee making more than that within a year... :p

-K

i kind of see it as the same thing. i mean if i put the money i spent on toys into a savings acct, all i'd earn is 3-4% on that money, but since i started amassing toys, i've earned well over 4%. at worst i've earned 20%, the best i've earned 400%. not to mention its more fun doing something i enjoy to make some extra loot than just throwing into the bank and earning some extra loot.

why dont you jump on his back. He claims that nobody hear comes close to what he has. How does he know what everybody got.

YOur right though, I dont know what his house is worth, my point is that I have a lot of money spent on my yammies, and Im sure they are valued at more than what most people spent on their houses.

So to stay on topic, I have more that 100k in yammies alone. Most likely closer to about 200k, but Im not going to split hairs. I need to do an inventory. That just yammies, not my overall collection.

Mister e, I have 2 houses for sale in the fort worth area. IF you are interested, message me.

Wow, $200K for Yamato Toys! Holy Crap! You are one crazy person. Do you own part of Yamato?

We just bought a house. It's cool, a nice start...now I can't buy that much Yamato 1/48 scales...heh...our wedding is next.

So what's a "troll?" And who's Agent One? Is he the one with that avator of a British Model Chick?

haha, look who graced us with his appearance!

this is just too rich, a guy who owns multiple properties throughout the CA area, $200K worth of toys, a ferrari and a lambo, but no digi cam...not even a camera phone. :rolleyes:

i don't know about you dudes, but if i had only the ferrari, i'd have about 1000 pictures of me driving it, parking it, standing next to it, getting head in it, etc etc etc. but LKF is so rich, he doesn't even need a picture, what with his helicopter and all, who bothers noticing some lame ass car! oh and then theres his plane....

So the troll is back huh? Dude, if you dont have time to post why now? And I thought you were in the LA area not the Dallas, Ft Worth area? You moved? Oh wait. You went national. Right? Oh you are so rich. If you are so rich, help fund Macrossworld. NM. Why bother dealing with this patholoigcal liar...