how much have you spent on yammies?

do not disturb

is there any way we can see the totals?

A bar graph would be nice to see "who's in the lead." :) Of course making a graph of the results (which keeps track of updates) is probably a pain in the @ss, so perhaps someone can help out kensei -- might be nice for Graham to go into a meeting with Yamato people armed with such a graph, showing how much of a chunk Macrossworld consumes (and how much influence Macrossworld should have on Yamato's offerings). ;)

Edited by Wicked Ace

Man, seems like a lot has happened in this thread. When the survey is completely ready for answering can we give it its own thread? That'll help draw some attention to it.

IMO, no good thread stays on topic! :D

i'm sure kensei will start a new thread when he wakes up. til then....

how much have you spent on yammies? :)

Man, seems like a lot has happened in this thread. When the survey is completely ready for answering can we give it its own thread? That'll help draw some attention to it.

I'm thinking the same thing. May see about bringing some more attention to this in other ways too. ;)

I guess its night in Aussieland now.

HEY KENSEI!! WAKE UP!! YOU NEED TO FIX THE LINK TO THE ACCESSORIES SURVEY!!

-_- ???

:mellow: **

Fixed! :p

Yamato 1/48 VF-1 Accessories Survey

Also congrats to the person who has a very respectable 42 1/48 Scale Valkyries in his collection!

This is going as expected. The most responses are of the overview survey, less for the others. It's not bad having to have several surveys afterall, as you only use what's relevant to you. Saves a bit of time.

I put a note on the bottom that I would like to get answers on the 6th Jan, but let me get to the gym before I make a new thread.

then what do you collect instead? MPC? Takatoku/bandai?

Would be interesting to see how much you actually spend on other products. Yamato alone does not make all Macross. Especially, I want to see how much you guys shell out on those Elintseekers.

Edited by kensei

Awesome work!

I´ve been wondering about the exact bulk we´ve spent on Yamato toys like for ages :lol:

I second the idea of giving Graham the results so he can go face-to-face with Yamato´s representatives and show how much we´re worth in their niche market B)) ....did that sound kinda sad somehow ? :unsure::lol:

As said before , great work Kensei, thanks a lot!

I´ve already voted, I´m dying to know the results

Edited by Aegis!

I'm gonna make a separate thread and also advertise to three other forums to do this. Apparently, there is only a 10 day limit on these surveys. :(

We've massed over 200 valks in 1/48 scale already from 16 people. That's amazing! People have a decent sized collection at least.

Survey's completed.

My Yamato collection consists of:

1/72 YF-19 = $75.00 at a con about ten years ago

1/100 Monster = $140.00

1/60 YF-19 = $165.00

1/48 Hikaru 1-S = $120.00

1/48 Hikaru 1-A = $105.00

1/48 Hikaru Super 1-J = $145.00

1/48 Max 1-A = $95.00

1/48 Max Super 1-J = $140.00

1/48 Millia Super 1-J = $140.00

1/60 Millia QRau = $85.00

1/48 Roy 1-S = $105.00

1/48 Low Vis 1-A version 1 = $130.00

1/48 Cannon Foddder 1-A = $120.00

3 X 1/48 Super/Strike Fast Pack sets = $165.00

1/48 GBP-1S = $65.00

1/48 GBP-1S Low Vis Woodland = $65.00

1/60 VF-0A = $135.00

1/60 VF-0S - $135.00

Total - $2,130 if I added properly

I may have been a little off on some prices here and there by 5 or ten bucks, I tried to get as close as possible. Prices have been really incosistent over the years with different dealers.

Thanks! Fixed! :D

BTW, is it just me, or has Aegis' posts been coming up with some pretty funky characters (diamonds with ? marks in them) lately? :huh:

Oh, yeah , it´s something to do with my laptop´s keyboard (it lacks the ' character ) and the Quick edit Mode in the forums that translates the ` as a weird diamond/heart like character. :wacko::blink:

Weird, isn´t it ? :huh:

Anyway back to topic, I can safely guess that we ,at the very least, translate to 25% of Yamato´s market, I don´t know how big Yamato production runs are but it isn´t a big company as Bandai so i´m guessing is not that large a number and given the bulk that some members here have accumulated I think MW should be the VIP in Yamato´s market. ;)

Edited by Aegis!

• 2 weeks later...

2x 1/60 VE-1: $150

2x 1/60 VT-1: $150

2x 1/60 VF-1J Super Max: $150

2x 1/60 VF-1J Super Miria: $150

2x 1/60 VF-1J Super Hikaru: $150

2x 1/60 VF-1D: $120

2x 1/60 VF-1A CF: $80

1/60 GBP: $30

extra set of 1/60 super armor: $20

1/48 VF-1A Cannon Fodder: $100

1/48 VF-1J Hikaru: $100

1/48 VF-1J Max (no armor): $100

1/48 GBP: $100

2x 1/48 Super armor: $100

1/100 VB-6 Monster: $100

2x 1/72 VF-11B: $120

---------------------------------------------------

TOTAL: $ 1720

not too bad

• 1 year later...
people don't really add shipping and all the stuff they spent for resin side covers and hands, paint for some customizers and shelvers and all that... lol.

in my case.....gas, food and car rental too :lol:

Guest sh002

too much to list. i might eventually direct my money to bandai if their macross frontier valkyries turn out good and enough 1/55 reissues come out. i will still buy any remaining 1/60 releases from yamato for macross plus and macross zero (if they are still putting out anymore from this series). i might also collect a few of the new 1/60 vf-1's but definitely not all.

too much to list. i might eventually direct my money to bandai if their macross frontier valkyries turn out good and enough 1/55 reissues come out. i will still buy any remaining 1/60 releases from yamato for macross plus and macross zero (if they are still putting out anymore from this series). i might also collect a few of the new 1/60 vf-1's but definitely not all.

About $7000.00 in a little over six months.

Dis-skusting!

:blink:

OO

Edited by MacrossMan