god damnit... I've been holding off on all teh CM's because I already had everything in slightly better looking 1/35 MG format. Now they have to bring out the Zero.....

All I ever wanted was for Bandai to finish the MG Patlabor line with the helldiver, peacemaker, av-98 economy, Saturn, AV-02, Zero proto, brocken....jeesh bandai sux :p

Edited by Duymon

Hmm, I don't think that Type Zero is a gokin though. HLJ just put up a preorder, and it's listed as a "Mecha Action Peace Maker," rather than "Brave Gokin."

It's also half the price of the Brave Gokin Labors at 6,175 yen.

http://www.hlj.com/product/CMS65182

But it's still made by CMS. So we know it'll be same quality as the others.

But it's still made by CMS. So we know it'll be same quality as the others.

Agreed on CM's quality.

Just curious why they're releasing two new Ingrams (do we really need 4?) when they could release a Type Zero gokin to extend/diversify the Brave Gokin line....Why start with a whole new line? Ingram, Griffon and Type Zero Brave Gokins just make sense together.

Agreed on CM's quality.

Just curious why they're releasing two new Ingrams (do we really need 4?) when they could release a Type Zero gokin to extend/diversify the Brave Gokin line....Why start with a whole new line? Ingram, Griffon and Type Zero Brave Gokins just make sense together.

Not enough guaranteed sales unlike the Griffon, which would make back the investment in molds even with only ONE Japan-only variant.

A mostly/all-plastic mass-pro AV-0 would generate more profits with less expensive materials, plus gauge the market for MAYBE a diecast AV-X0.

Not enough guaranteed sales unlike the Griffon, which would make back the investment in molds even with only ONE Japan-only variant.

A mostly/all-plastic mass-pro AV-0 would generate more profits with less expensive materials, plus gauge the market for MAYBE a diecast AV-X0.

As long as this line produces a hell diver i'll be happy. Non diecast would be preferable as well, as I'd really like the thing to be molded in a flat green, not glossy.

I personally don't understand the vinyl figs...they are really nice looking, but for being un-posable and vinyl, why the hell are they so expensive? Isn't the point of vinyl to be cheap? Let alone the not being articulated... seems like for less money they could have just made all plastic figures with mild articulation that would have been much more fun and affordable to put with your Ingrams...

Did the Griffon do that well? Still hate the fact that I can't get the aquatic version.

Really hope that reactive armor and red shoulder for the Ingram will be made available separately somehow, but I'm not holding my breath.

• 3 weeks later...

After having finally held a CM's patlabor unit in my hands at my local shop I decided to pass on these suckers.

True, they have a lot of heft and the quality is pretty good, but I just couldn't see them totally replacing my MG's on display (Not to mention they cost 3-4 times as much as an MG). There's just something about the CM's that makes them seem clunky and less cool than the MG Ingrams that came out. Plus all the screw holes :(

But, Kudos to CM for making other units than the Ingram and griffon. Back when the MG line finished about 5 years ago I was still dying for a peacemaker, a helldiver and a helluva lot more. (I DO luckily have a 1/35 helldiver, though it's a knock-off fixed pose vinyl that I haven't built yet *cry*)

post-25-1198917213_thumb.jpg

post-25-1198917244_thumb.jpg

Edited by Duymon

After having finally held a CM's patlabor unit in my hands at my local shop I decided to pass on these suckers.

True, they have a lot of heft and the quality is pretty good, but I just couldn't see them totally replacing my MG's on display (Not to mention they cost 3-4 times as much as an MG). There's just something about the CM's that makes them seem clunky and less cool than the MG Ingrams that came out. Plus all the screw holes :(

But, Kudos to CM for making other units than the Ingram and griffon. Back when the MG line finished about 5 years ago I was still dying for a peacemaker, a helldiver and a helluva lot more. (I DO luckily have a 1/35 helldiver, though it's a knock-off fixed pose vinyl that I haven't built yet *cry*)

Sounds like you'll be a potential customer for KAIYODO's WHAM series of labors in 2008. Ingram and Helldiver are first up. No screw holes in sight although only the Ingram will feature any diecast (think WHAM SDF-1 levels, not CM's Ingram)... the Helldiver will probably be mostly plastic/ABS.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my pre-order in for the Reactive Armor Ingram. Looks like my decision to wait and miss out on the first movie version paid off.

It looks like the cage display has been sacrificed and in return you get the reactive armor, newer design Unit 2 head and Unit 3 head and parts with additional ECM deployed head for the same price as the first release. I just hope CM's Corp don't screw collectors over by doing something silly like removing the electronics or anything like that. The pilot figurines and shot gun are also not shown in the stock photos so I hope they are not omitted in the final product.

• 3 weeks later...

Dammit! I got the last set and I wanted to get 2 cars. Now they have Goto's car? *SIGH* looks like I am getting it. So the next set I assume the rest of the SV2 Division 2 gang in a bigger size? With all the cars coming out, they better release the truck carrier that can hold the Brave Patlabors.

They've been up for ages ;)

Pity the Patlabors look the same as in the first set as does the command car but the mechanics and Noa ready for some more polishing action look okay. No secret figure this time. Pity as a gantry would go nicely with the mechanic figure but you never know I suppose they have to keep something back to get us suckrs to buy the next series :rolleyes:

Edited by thegunny

They've been up for ages ;)

Pity the Patlabors look the same as in the first set as does the command car but the mechanics and Noa ready for some more polishing action look okay. No secret figure this time. Pity as a gantry would go nicely with the mechanic figure but you never know I suppose they have to keep something back to get us suckrs to buy the next series :rolleyes:

Its Otas Unit 2, not Alphonse as in the first set this time round.

Edited by F-ZeroOne

Some pics of upcoming figures from some exhibition. There weren't posted before so I thought I'd share them.

BRAVE 15 AV-98 Ingram 1 & 2 OVA Version

This figure is of Ingram 1 & 2 as seen in the first OVA series in 1988. Both unit 1 and 2 had the exact same design at the beginning of the OVA, without any numberings etc. The shoulder armor, light bars, top part of the chest and hands are different from the movie and TV versions. The large antenna is shaped differently and there are 2 extra antennas on the head as well. Spotlights on the neck are hard mounted and of a different design from the movie/TV versions. The shield also sports a different design.

By the 4th episode of the OVA, Unit 2 gets a slight makeover with the red shoulder armor with blue light and a vertical white stripe down it's visor as seen in the pics below.

20071212231748gq4.jpg20071212231815qt1.jpg

BRAVE 14 Ingram 1, 2 & 3 Reactive Armor Version

The Ingrams as seen in the 2nd and 3rd movies. Ingram 2 has a different head design from the 1st movie and TV versions.

Ingram Unit 2 and 3 without optional Reactive Armor shown below.

20071212231846cc8.jpg

MECHA ACTION SERIES AV-0 Peacemaker

As seen in the TV and 2nd OVA series.

20071212231715bh6.jpg20071212231828ev8.jpg

Edited by IXTL

Just looking at the Patlabors, noticing the head variations, and remembering Kawamori designed them makes me draw the following conclusion: be believes near-future mecha should feature simple, elegant head unit designs. Meanwhile mecha of the far future should feature head units with all sorts of clutter stapled on. The patlabors head units look striking similar to the VF-1S. One of them (not pictured here) also looks a lot like a VF-1A.

Or maybe these were designed when he still favored simplistic, elegant designs. Most of the heads he designed later tended to be rather ornamental and busy.

Just looking at the Patlabors, noticing the head variations, and remembering Kawamori designed them makes me draw the following conclusion: be believes near-future mecha should feature simple, elegant head unit designs. Meanwhile mecha of the far future should feature head units with all sorts of clutter stapled on. The patlabors head units look striking similar to the VF-1S. One of them (not pictured here) also looks a lot like a VF-1A.

Or maybe these were designed when he still favored simplistic, elegant designs. Most of the heads he designed later tended to be rather ornamental and busy.

The Labors/Mecha in Patlabor were designed by Yutaka Izubuchi (Protect Gear from the Kerberos Saga, RahXephon etc.). Kawamori only provided designs for vehicles in the movies (i.e. the redesigned F-15s, F-16s and Hellhound Attack Helicopters in Patlabor 2).

Edited by IXTL

Still waiting for the Armored Labors to arrive in Singapore to have a closer look at the proportions. Meanwhile I've got the Hercules sofubi and Peacemaker on order from HLJ... crossing my fingers that the 'mecha action' won't look cheap next to the glossy white Ingrams.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, there's really no point in buying CM's stuff when you get shafted with these more loaded reissues.

That's it. I'm having a moratorium on buying anymore CM's Brave Gokin Labors. Will probably still get the plastic Mecha Action Peacemaker, but I'm even rethinking my plan to buy the Mospeada Ride Armor.

Maybe Wave's diecast Labors will offer more value for money.

Edited by Chet