Sorry, man - no 1/48 Valks allowed in my house! :D

If you love Patlabor you should get at least ONE. It's so much better than:

- 1/32 DX Patlabor: battery-op lights & sound BRICK.

- 1/60 Cloth Gear series: pricey (~80USD or more), so-so sculpt, low poseability. Only consolation is the nifty Python Labor.

- 1/60 plamodel series: rubber shrouds eat the joints if you forgot to wash them first.

- Labor in Action series... what SERIES?

- 1/35 Master Grade series: Lots of time & effort to make it right. Lights are extra $$

- Revoltechs: Excellent! But not exactly DX impressive.

Unless Bandai decides to up the ante, this is IT.

Sorry, man - no 1/48 Valks allowed in my house! :D

If you love Patlabor you should get at least ONE. It's so much better than:

- 1/32 DX Patlabor: battery-op lights & sound BRICK.

- 1/60 Cloth Gear series: pricey (~80USD or more), so-so sculpt, low poseability. Only consolation is the nifty Python Labor.

- 1/60 plamodel series: rubber shrouds eat the joints if you forgot to wash them first.

- Labor in Action series... what SERIES?

- 1/35 Master Grade series: Lots of time & effort to make it right. Lights are extra $$

- Revoltechs: Excellent! But not exactly DX impressive.

Unless Bandai decides to up the ante, this is IT.

Thanks man. Thats what I needed to hear. I planned on getting a couple of the revoltechs, but I at least need CM's Ohta labor, Ohta was my favorite character. And that toy looks pretty damn nifty, seeing that, I have no doubt CM will make a good legioss/tlead.

I actually don't mind the cloth on the CM either.

I've been sitting on the fence on this one. Its not exactly cheap, but Patlabor is one of those series where I have absolutely no willpower. Drifands pictures just sold it to me. Think he'd better apply for a percentage off CM Corps... :lol:

Incidentally, there a set of Patlabor trading figures coming out in March from the same company. The line-up includes a command car.

And a set of min figures of the supporting cast, both are in scale with the BG labors, pretty clever idea by CM's for getting accessories out there without having to over charge for them.

The non scale figures included in the set are pretty nice as well, the one of Noa Izumi buckling her helmet on is one of few "girl figures" I would feel happy to own.

Very nice :o

You buy one Patlabour and you get 2 heads??? Is that how it works??? :mellow:

It's a little set of swap parts, head, front of the shoulders (for the machine ID numbers) and pilot figure with some extra little touches like license plates and Alphonses name badge added with stickers.

You also get plenty of weapons and a nice big stand modelled on the mobile carrier from the show.

All interested buyers should take the time to visit this link posted previously:

http://pony-hp3.web.infoseek.co.jp/BRAVE-INGRAM.htm

Loads of pix and don't forget to click the link at the very end to see No. 2 as well. FWIW here's the shot the reviewer took of the accessories pack:

[attachmentid=40945]

I think ultimately, CM's is playing a very cunning game... if you want all three labors in the same continuity, it HAS to be the TV version, because No. 3 didn't appear in the 1st movie. And since the TV edition only comes with 1 & 3 heads, you need to buy a movie edition to get the No. 2 head, PLUS one more TV-ed to get the right shield. Either that or you swap a No. 3 head with another collector, like what Graham has in mind ;-)

Edit: Here's a 30 sec clip of the LEDs in action, first in darkness then briefly in normal lighting.

http://homepage.mac.com/drifand/CMS_PATLABOR/LIGHTS.AVI

Right-click on link to save, the MPEG4 encoding may or may not work correctly in browsers. Oh, and: TOY DOES NOT COME WITH SOUND. ^_^

post-75-1173275579_thumb.jpg

Edited by drifand

It's a little set of swap parts, head, front of the shoulders (for the machine ID numbers) and pilot figure with some extra little touches like license plates and Alphonses name badge added with stickers.

You also get plenty of weapons and a nice big stand modelled on the mobile carrier from the show.

The shoulder swap is a very nice touch - no more "but if I apply these stickers, the head won't match the body!".

Well hell, that is like the destroid conversion kit. I wanted two patlabors not one to switch parts around. That is very upsetting. Means I need to buy two (or three) to get the TV version and 3 movie versions. WTF? And they aint cheap here.

My "toy Dealer" here in SHG called me today and I got one of this CM's Labors.

I wasn't so sure at the beginning, the pictures I saw where not "especially nice" and I am not a Die hard fan of Patlabor, but I am totally happy with my purchase.

Main thing I found is the size; it is actually a bit small so many of the problems I saw on the pics are not that bad. In fact it is a damn cool robotoooo, not big-not small, nice sculpt, paint is very well applied, nice poseability and very heavy for its size, nice tampoo printings (Yamato… <_< ).

I was surprised with the lights, usually I don’t like much battery operated mechas, they normally look stupid, but they are in fact a great addition to the toy, they look like real sirens.

What I mostly disliked from the pics where the cloth and the screws, it is not like I "like them now" but they don't bother me as much as I tough.

The best part is I paid only 700 RMBs which is like 88 USD... :lol: ... so I am happy with this toy.

I was positively surprised CM’s can deliver such nice toy, good to see new players different in this small market of “high end die cast MEcha toysâ€.

Arggggg....curse the toys collectors living in Asia, I am so jealous and you guys’ reviews are just too tempting, slowly pushing me over the line…must resist…must ....get.... EX Getter 1st…

88 USD! You guys in HK and China are damn lucky!

Mowe.

What you NEED to get is the Fewture Diecast Getter one Ryoma mode (the back one), then the red one and definetelly the getter 2. Those are just the BEST gokings EVER. GIG, HEAVY, COOL LOOKING and limited.... the best ever. A bit expensive tho... ; )

And then you NEED to buy the CM's LAbor. Better do all at the same time, you will be one happy Mowe... YAY!

My "toy Dealer" here in SHG called me today and I got one of this CM's Labors.

I wasn't so sure at the beginning, the pictures I saw where not "especially nice" and I am not a Die hard fan of Patlabor, but I am totally happy with my purchase.

Main thing I found is the size; it is actually a bit small so many of the problems I saw on the pics are not that bad. In fact it is a damn cool robotoooo, not big-not small, nice sculpt, paint is very well applied, nice poseability and very heavy for its size, nice tampoo printings (Yamato… <_< ).

I was surprised with the lights, usually I don’t like much battery operated mechas, they normally look stupid, but they are in fact a great addition to the toy, they look like real sirens.

What I mostly disliked from the pics where the cloth and the screws, it is not like I "like them now" but they don't bother me as much as I tough.

The best part is I paid only 700 RMBs which is like 88 USD... :lol: ... so I am happy with this toy.

I was positively surprised CM’s can deliver such nice toy, good to see new players different in this small market of “high end die cast MEcha toysâ€.

Hey Sebastian,

I am coming to Shanghai again in April-May time frame. Your supplier have more of the Patlabors? I just bought a house and funds will be low. This maybe my last purchase in a while unless I sell those MPCs.

My patlabor came in this morning. I was so excited to open it. Taking the styrofoam insert out of the box a quality control paper falls out. I say, hey.. a good sign already. Then I take the figure out slowly out of the styrofoam. The right shoulder is already dislodged, but hey.. I snap it back on... Then I notice that the replacable front shoulder plate comes off!! The peg that connects it is broken!!! Looking it over, this clamp thing under the on-off switch is broken, I find the broken piece in the styrofoam tray. I say..ok. what else.. I start looking it over again.. I find chipped paint already where the hatch opens to store the gun. :angry:

This thing maybe diecast, but the plastic parts really suck. And Quality control? I dont mind paint chipping if I did it, but not even a minute out of the box..I see that. It sticks out so much cuz you can see the dark metal under that white enamel. Figuring how much I paid for this figure... Arrrrggh!!! Im not looking forward to any legioss figures at all. In fact no more CM's. Bandai, Takara and maybe yamato for me from now on.

My patlabor came in this morning. I was so excited to open it. Taking the styrofoam insert out of the box a quality control paper falls out. I say, hey.. a good sign already. Then I take the figure out slowly out of the styrofoam. The right shoulder is already dislodged, but hey.. I snap it back on... Then I notice that the replacable front shoulder plate comes off!! The peg that connects it is broken!!! Looking it over, this clamp thing under the on-off switch is broken, I find the broken piece in the styrofoam tray. I say..ok. what else.. I start looking it over again.. I find chipped paint already where the hatch opens to store the gun. :angry:

This thing maybe diecast, but the plastic parts really suck. And Quality control? I dont mind paint chipping if I did it, but not even a minute out of the box..I see that. It sticks out so much cuz you can see the dark metal under that white enamel. Figuring how much I paid for this figure... Arrrrggh!!! Im not looking forward to any legioss figures at all. In fact no more CM's. Bandai, Takara and maybe yamato for me from now on.

Sorry to hear you got a dud.

You are playing with my head, act of tourture.... :(

What you NEED to get is the Fewture Diecast Getter one Ryoma mode (the back one), then the red one and definetelly the getter 2. Those are just the BEST gokings EVER. GIG, HEAVY, COOL LOOKING and limited.... the best ever. A bit expensive tho... ; )

And then you NEED to buy the CM's LAbor. Better do all at the same time, you will be one happy Mowe... YAY!

Figuring how much I paid for this figure... Arrrrggh!!! Im not looking forward to any legioss figures at all. In fact no more CM's. Bandai, Takara and maybe yamato for me from now on.

Really sorry to hear about this - and you're perfectly justified in being angry. I only hope you bought this through a reputable seller and can get it refunded/exchanged. FWIW, this is definitely a case of the factory at fault, not the design of the toy. If the toy hadn't been damaged, you would probably have become a CM's convert... Again, my sympathies to a fellow Patlabor fan.

You should take plenty of big, clear pictures of the damage and contact the seller. If they're not helpful, maybe your creditcard company will be. I seem to recall a very paranoid eBay'er who VIDEO'd the opening of all his purchases... from the condition of the package received up to the unwrapping of the goods inside... very handy in several bum-deals he got, but not easy to pull off for most of us excited, rip 'em open types!

Edited by drifand

Where did you get yours from? I've read you can also contact CM's customer service and they should be able to replace your defective product. I heard they even cater to international customers.

Woo, got mine in yesterday! Its incredibly small (ill post pictures later of it next to a 1/48 vf-1) but suprisingly heavy. Comes with lots of cool gimmicks like the pistol holster on the leg and the such. The little lights on the shoulders are kinda cool and the ability to switch pilots by changing the heads and shoulders is also neat. The display stand is nothing too special. I have two problems with this figure, 1.the switch on the back to turn the lights on and off is very fragile and i already broke mine 2. for what you get its still alot of money to be spending on such a little thing. Still its pretty nice and i recommend it.

for what you get its still alot of money to be spending on such a little thing. Still its pretty nice and i recommend it.

I think we have to learn to accept that toys from the smaller companies like CM's Corp, Wave & Yamato are invariably going to cost more than toys from the big boys like Bandai & Takara. It's simple economies of scale.

Graham

OK, IM SOLD. IM GONNA GRAB ONE FROM TOY WAVE SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. JUST ORDERED SOME STUFF OFF NEOVA, SO ILL HAVE TO GIVE IT A FEW DAYS.

MOWE, IF U WANT ONE AS WELL, WE COULD SPLIT SHIPPING TO SYDNEY. LET ME KNOW.

SCUSE CAPS ALL, AT WORK.

PM you soon. Thanks for asking. May be my getter will have to wait.... :rolleyes:

OK, IM SOLD. IM GONNA GRAB ONE FROM TOY WAVE SOMETIME IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. JUST ORDERED SOME STUFF OFF NEOVA, SO ILL HAVE TO GIVE IT A FEW DAYS.

MOWE, IF U WANT ONE AS WELL, WE COULD SPLIT SHIPPING TO SYDNEY. LET ME KNOW.

SCUSE CAPS ALL, AT WORK.