The reactive armor looks about on par with the MG Labor they did. Not great unless your willing to go in and do some painting, but not aweful. I really wish they decided to use some kind of cloth for the arms and legs :(

Is the Reactive Armor removable on the CMs Ingram?

Yup. The armor is optional. The Ingram at the top left background of the pic below is the one with the reactive armor removed. It has the gloves on to emulate the look of Unit 1 in WXIII. The shield also sports the red SV2 badge that was used in Patlabor 2 and WXIII.

t075my2.jpg

Edited by IXTL

OK this is what worries me about the Mecha Action AV-0:

- The official site photos mention the different markings for Unit 1 and Unit 2...

http://www.cmscorp.jp/products/ma_pat_peacemaker.html

What I don't know is if the differences are marked on the box, or will it be down to the non-obvious 'red sticker' and 'blue sticker' as seen on the recent CM's ride armors? My guess: the latter. i.e. my HLJ order will be a 'blind box' draw... no way of knowing I'll be getting Unit 1 or 2 until it's in my hands. :-/

Edited by drifand

Whose is that?

That's Wave Corp's WHAM Ingram. It looks absolutely horrible. I'm surprised they're putting out a product like that when they're facing competition from CM's Corp and now Yamato. The rubber sheathing for the joints doesn't look good either. Looks like CM's made a smart choice using cloth for the joint coverings.

Edited by IXTL

The WHAM really doesn't look that happening, does it? Its outer calves go straight-up with hardly a curve! :p

As for the CM's P2 version, they have arrived in Singapore but I think I will be giving these a miss even though I loved the movie. Rubber/PVC parts just doesn't grab me after the velvety goodness of real cloth... Perhaps a definitive Yamato 1/24 P2 edition will come out. Eventually. Or maybe an enterprising HK outfit will bootleg real-cloth replacements tailored for the toy, you know, ala the MP Convoy trailer and Meg's supa-silencer? Not likely, I know, but it's a thought.

Add-on: HLJ has flubbed my order by shipping the CM's Hercules sofubi before the AV-0 Peacemaker is released later this month. What are THEY so impatient for?

Edited by drifand

Brave 14 Ingram 1 & 2 & 3 Reactive Armor Ver. out of package pics.

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-56569-1-1.html

For some reason, the unit 2 in the pics has got the wrong head on. Its using the first movie head design rather than the newer design from P2 and WXIII as shown in promo pics and the packaging. I hope it was the photographer who got it mixed up and not CM's that packaged the wrong head.

EDIT: According to the poster at Toysdaily, Brave 14 doesn't come with the lights and electronics of the regular version. To create the look of WXIII Ingrams, you have to combine parts from the Brave 14 set with the main body of Brave 7. Only the chest portion of the reactive armor is removable to access the cockpit. There's also mention of a bad smell from the rubber used on the reactive armor.

May have to reconsider getting this. I might just go for Brave 15 OVA version instead.

Edited by IXTL

I have to say, I was pretty annoyed when I first read about the announcement of CM's Reactive Armor version. I thought it would come with all the features and accessories of the Movie and TV versions, both of which I faithfully bought, but have other stuff that the earlier releases lack, like the armor. I was afraid this would render the earlier releases "obsolete" somehow. But now, seeing as the Armored version cannot be completely freed of the armor and even lacks the cool light gimmick, I kinda feel sorry for the folks who were hoping this would be the ultimate Ingram release. Also, the increase in price seems far less justified, given the omissions. It should have been priced no higher than the original releases.

As for me, I might actually pick it up, seeing as it seems to be different enough from the Ingrams I already have, but ONLY if I ever see this generously discounted.

I have to say, I was pretty annoyed when I first read about the announcement of CM's Reactive Armor version. I thought it would come with all the features and accessories of the Movie and TV versions, both of which I faithfully bought, but have other stuff that the earlier releases lack, like the armor. I was afraid this would render the earlier releases "obsolete" somehow. But now, seeing as the Armored version cannot be completely freed of the armor and even lacks the cool light gimmick, I kinda feel sorry for the folks who were hoping this would be the ultimate Ingram release. Also, the increase in price seems far less justified, given the omissions. It should have been priced no higher than the original releases.

As for me, I might actually pick it up, seeing as it seems to be different enough from the Ingrams I already have, but ONLY if I ever see this generously discounted.

The price for reactive armor ingrams is the same as all the other releases. 13,440yen. It is still less worthwhile than the earlier ones since the die-cast content is reduced as the arm and leg die-cast armor has been replaced with PVC/rubber and the electronics have been gutted from this release.

Another peeve of mine is that it is not possible to create the unamored unit 3 unless you have bought the TV edition which has the unit 3 shoulder armor parts and even then the "3" design on the shoulder of the TV version is different from the "3" design on the side of the head of the movie version. It also seems that you cannot create a perfect unit 2 from WXIII because the new head design with Brave 14 has only a green piece for the back of the head and they did not include a white piece for its regular unarmored body. If my guess is right, the white piece will only come with the limited edition re-release of the TV version set that comes with bonus parts (shield with newer SV2 logo, unit 3 head, newer unit 2 head design, gloves).

Edited by IXTL

Review and gallery for Brave 14 Ingram Reactive Armor Ver.

http://hyperd.blog66.fc2.com/blog-entry-504.html

dsc01498he8.jpg

Looks like CM's at least got a couple of things right with this release despite some of my other peeves.

- Screw caps provided

- License plates are now interchangeable. Unfortunately the white numbering on the upper arms of the Ingram are sticker labels so putting them on will sort of limit the Ingram to that particular unit no.

At the same time, it seems they haven't put in enough time or effort checking the design of the Ingram in P2. These are somewhat minor things but considering the price of this thing...

- the Ingrams did not have their neck antannae while in reactive armor. Fortunately it is removable.

- the reactive armor is missing the red SV2 badge on the collar.

- they provided 3 pilot figures but they're all wearing the wrong color jackets. The support personnel, Shinohara, Shinshi and Hiromi wore the green flak jackets while the pilots wore their regular orange ones since they were protected inside their units. The figures are also wearing the wrong headgear as they had a new design headgear with visor in the movie. CM's just repainted the figures from the earlier releases.

- mentioned this in an earlier post, they did not provide the white piece for the back portion of unit 2's new head design, only the green piece that it sports while in the reactive armor. It will look a bit off if you place it on the Brave no.7 body (with the unarmored shield provided with the Brave 14 set) to emulate the look of unit 2 in WXIII as advertised in CM's promo pics.

Edited by IXTL

The 'Economy' is a Brave Gohkin probably because it still manages to share quite a few parts from the original Ingram, e.g. the arms, waist and most of the legs. They are just maximising their investment in the diecast molds. And I am SURE we will see the C.L.A.T. repaints eventually. :-)

And after the MechaAction Brocken, I don't think a Helldiver is out of the question. I just hope they go the whole hog with a properly designed cloth shroud that reaches out from the chest to the shoulders, instead of 'cheating' with a partial molded shroud.

Oooh. That's pretty bad news for the AV-0. And now I'm waiting for mine to arrive from HLJ... Lets see:

- No opening cockpit

- Badly sewn cloth shrouds

- 2-piece 'pants' that cannot conceal the crotch due to the narrow codpiece.

- Uneven molding?

Aiyaiyai.