Some things about the Wave Ingram just don't feel right... the molded rubber shrouds look too wrinkled; the shoulders look undersized; the head isn't 'handsome' at any angle... in fact, I haven't seen a single pic where the head isn't always pointed at the ground. Why so sad, Wave?

The Yamato has a much nicer sculpt, especially for the head. I can overlook the slightly squashed proportions because of the size... the sheer presence makes up for it. That, plus the fan-pleasing use of cloth shrouds, pioneered by the CM's edition.

I almost never agree with drifand (I think our tastes are quite different), but I agree completely on this. I can't see any good reason that I should buy the Wave toy - not really good looking or innovative or anything. The Yamato, on the other hand, impresses me more every time I see it.

BTW, the Wave is now up for preorder on HLJ, for those who disagree with me. ^_^

Hi, first time poster here.

:ph34r: Maybe I'm just being stupid, but shouldn't there be more black on the Yamato instead of all the grey? Or is that because it's a prototype.

I think it should be a prototype. According to Yamato's official Engrish site, the "body frame" is supposed to be die-cast. Not sure if they're referring to the gray-colored parts on the chest or the toy's inner frame. Interesting that the stun stick is called the "Billy Club" :lol:

Hi, first time poster here.

I think it should be a prototype. According to Yamato's official Engrish site, the "body frame" is supposed to be die-cast. Not sure if they're referring to the gray-colored parts on the chest or the toy's inner frame. Interesting that the stun stick is called the "Billy Club" :lol:

Interesting as the way Yamato describes it there will be some LED lights for the sirens which like the CMs sounds like nice touch. Is the diecast the skeleton inside the cloth or is on the outside? This has gotten me even more excited for this product.

Interesting as the way Yamato describes it there will be some LED lights for the sirens which like the CMs sounds like nice touch. Is the diecast the skeleton inside the cloth or is on the outside? This has gotten me even more excited for this product.

Yeah, not too sure if Yamato's referring to the inner skeleton or outer armor with regard to die-cast content though I don't mind if it were both B)) Having flashing Pat-lamps would be awesome though I hope they could keep the connecting wires more discreetly than CM's. Seems like they are going for a magnet for the hands as well instead of a peg to hold the accessories. The large size really affords Yamato a lot of leeway to go all out with these lavish features. Just hope it doesn't fall apart like some of their first-issue transforming Macross endeavors (:wacko: ) though at the moment, I'm really stoked for this.

Yeah, not too sure if Yamato's referring to the inner skeleton or outer armor with regard to die-cast content though I don't mind if it were both B)) Having flashing Pat-lamps would be awesome though I hope they could keep the connecting wires more discreetly than CM's. Seems like they are going for a magnet for the hands as well instead of a peg to hold the accessories. The large size really affords Yamato a lot of leeway to go all out with these lavish features. Just hope it doesn't fall apart like some of their first-issue transforming Macross endeavors (:wacko: ) though at the moment, I'm really stoked for this.

Magnet instead of peg hands for the gun? Awesome. Where is the pre-order? :D

Same here. The huge size and the squat proportions are a turn off even though the sculpting and features are awesome.

Yeah, that's my only reservation with Yamato's Ingram. You can tell that the legs are a little too short / body too large when the right hand doesn't extend as far as it should, IMO, in order to grab the gun.

I'm having a hard time seeing the problems with the proportions. Checking it against the lineart from the movie, the only problems I see the the chest is a little too snub nosed and should be more rounded and the legs could be just a little bit longer. But otherwise it looks pretty spot on. I'm guessing you guys are forgetting the Ingram is kind of a squat looking design...

I'm having a hard time seeing the problems with the proportions. Checking it against the lineart from the movie, the only problems I see the the chest is a little too snub nosed and should be more rounded and the legs could be just a little bit longer. But otherwise it looks pretty spot on. I'm guessing you guys are forgetting the Ingram is kind of a squat looking design...

Have to agree with you there, especially when you put it around some of its predecessors.

The lineart from the movie is what I'm comparing it against, and it doesn't look very spot on to me.

• 3 weeks later...

Oh yes! Brocken will be mine :D

Despite all the problems with the AV-0 (most significantly, the easily dislodged joints), they look great on the shelf and I believe the Brocken will be a beautiful addition, especially with the trademark cloth shrouds. I really wonder how long the WHAM labors can last before WAVE bows to pressure and comes up with a better solution than the restrictive PVC shrouds. Best if they act on the Helldiver before it's released. The WHAM Ingram is already DOA.

The Brocken is my fave. And this one comes with loads of extras, unlike the Revo one. I don't own any CM's Patlabor toys, so how tall are this one expected to be?

Edit: This is a toy, right?

It's safer to think of it as an (expensive) completed poseable model. The joints are detented (clickity), but can be easily pulled off from the slots in the various limbs. It CAN be frustrating trying to put them back under the cloth covers. We can all wish for a more durable/better-built solution from CM's, but I'll take this over WAVE's rubber/PVC covered joints.

Also, while the prototype pics of the previous AV-0 release looked good, the actual product had a slightly iffy sculpt (some details were not crisp), and the paint applications were a bit sloppy, although the tampo-markings were perfectly fine. Overall, I'd have to say that CM's 1/35-ish VOTOMS figures seem to have better QC and finishing than the Mecha Action AV-0. Again, the less than perfect level of finishing is something I'm willing to live with just to have a toy of a mecha I really like. (see the picture links in my sig.)