The above mentioned waist thing on unit 1 (that you can repair following a Yamato PDF) and that this summer you'll want to get this:

Yamato 1/24 Patlabor Type 98 Command Car. Summer release, price TBA

4437195345_e0be18c182.jpg

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2010/03/gff...orn-gundam.html

Waist thing?!

*goes hunting through thread...

edit: Jesus christ, thats a complex pamphlet? Whats it fixing, a loose waist joint or just the skirting being loose, it was hard to tell? Is this a super noiceable thing, or something else?

Edited by Scream Man

Well my waist joint seems OK. It's a tiny bit loose i guess, but not debilitatingly so. And when i pulled the head up out of the box the neck pistons broke. i dont know how I managed that, I barely pulled it, but...yep, they broke. i THINK i can fix 'em. Hopefully.

Otherwise its great. articulation is awesome, detail is amazing, lights are great. Love the bullets and the gun. The figures nice, the overall feel is cool. I think I'll be getting Unit 2, and try not to break it.

Yeah the neck pistons are looking dicey to fix.

ANyone buy theirs at HLJ? Maybe someone who could help me get replacement parts?

Try emailing Yamato USA. Since the Patlabors are OK to sell in the US and are on their website they might help you out. They sent me parts for my Garland totally free and no-questions-asked.

Well my waist joint seems OK. It's a tiny bit loose i guess, but not debilitatingly so. And when i pulled the head up out of the box the neck pistons broke. i dont know how I managed that, I barely pulled it, but...yep, they broke. i THINK i can fix 'em. Hopefully.

Otherwise its great. articulation is awesome, detail is amazing, lights are great. Love the bullets and the gun. The figures nice, the overall feel is cool. I think I'll be getting Unit 2, and try not to break it.

Here's some advice to help out potential owners on this issue that was posted way back:

A word of caution though for potential buyers: when you first open the box and find that the Ingram's head is firmly stuck in it's collared socket giving the toy a neckless appearance, don't yank it out! It's because either one or both of the neck pistons are wedged in the hole that connects to the cockpit. As such, just open the cockpit and try to push them out with a toothpick or something. These neck pistons - they aren't connected to the body at all - they're just there, danggling!

Mine came from OverDrive and I experienced the same thing as well. Unfortunately, I broke mine too before realizing the above.

Edited by todd77

i wish the figures with it were articulated, but hey that's a pipe dream. wonder what the price will be?

hey I can't find much more info on unit 2; anyone have pics of Ota or details on the shotgun? Does it have seperate shells?

Finally got around ti uploading some pics:

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2563.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

Crazed Ohta face! Hah! Damn, that's pretty awesome.

I wish I could justify to myself the expense of buying ANOTHER Ingram but ... I have a complete lineup already.

Don't you mean normal Ohta face? :p

I wish I could just afford one. I've been wanting an Ingram figure for so long... <_<

oh hell yes! I'll totally get that' that's awesome!

Does the shotguin have seperate shells?

And what pilot does the blue one come with?

Nope, only the gun has bullets.

Here's is a scan of the extra piece of paper that came with the instructions detailing unit 2's peculiarities (like the shootgun features:

Ingram02.jpg

The pilot of the blue one is a Yamato mystery. It’s like they were ashamed to show the pilots (I never saw a pic of Ohta and the box shows nothing).

Edited by Twoducks

• 2 months later...

Couldn't resist the 1/24 Yamato on sale. Also noticed Bandai is going to release more Patlabor on Blu-ray: the two OVA's and the TV series.

I hope someone picks up the OVA release rights in North America :(. The original OVA's are the only Patlabor I don't own on DVD and the aftermarket prices are, for lack of a better word, criminal.

• 3 weeks later...

So let me get a few things straight here if those with the 1:24 AV-98 will chime in.

It's be said that:

-The heads are difficult to get out of the packaging

-The neck pistons aren't connected to anything (really?? I mean really??)

-The head is jammed down right out of the box and has to be delicately pushed up from the cockpit

-The waist is wobbly on some

The biggest concern of mine is the neck/head. Can anybody shine some more light on the situation? Maybe pics?

So let me get a few things straight here if those with the 1:24 AV-98 will chime in.

It's be said that:

-The head is jammed down right out of the box and has to be delicately pushed up from the cockpit

The biggest concern of mine is the neck/head. Can anybody shine some more light on the situation? Maybe pics?

I don't think all of the units suffer from the head-stuck-in-collared-socket problem. For example, my unit 2 didn't have that problem but my unit 1 did. I think during the packaging, the head is pushed down (to the point that the figure looks neck-less) into the socket in order to fit the figure into the styrofoam. Usually, you could just pull it back up and have no problems (like my unit 2) but sometimes, the neck pistons get wedged in the holes connecting to the cockpit, which makes it difficult to pull the head back up. As such, just open up the cockpit and pry the pistons free. So it's not really the head that is stuck but rather the pistons, which is why they break if you force the head up when it's stuck. And yes, the pistons aren't connected to anything. They just fit into two rectangular holes that lead into the cockpit. Please refer to the pics:

post-5445-127786622876_thumb.jpgpost-5445-127786620619_thumb.jpgpost-5445-127786622133_thumb.jpg

And about the waist issue - unit 2's (Ohta's) seems to be fixed. The waist on mine is super tight.

Edited by todd77

I see, thanks for the clarification. The pics are a big help as well.

EDIT: I've been watching the Patlabor TV series lately and have been wondering why there was never a toy made for the Model-97?? Sure it more or less carried the cannon fodder role, but it still got the job done.

Model97.jpg

Model97-2.jpg

Model97-4.jpg

Model97-5.jpg

(sorry for the big pics)

Edited by LOW_ALT

It's be said that:

1. I didn't have difficulty with mine.

2. No, they aren't, but it's not really bothersome.

3. On mine, the head joint is pretty secure. All you really have pull on it. No delicate finessing through the cockpit required.

4. My Alphonse isn't too bad. I don't have many issues with it flopping over. With mine, the feet are more wobbly than the waist, if that says anything.

I think the biggest thing to worry about is where to put the thing on the shelf. The Ingram is so big and I currently have too many valks. :p

I see, thanks for the clarification. The pics are a big help as well.

EDIT: I've been watching the Patlabor TV series lately and have been wondering why there was never a toy made for the Model-97?? Sure it more or less carried the cannon fodder role, but it still got the job done.

Bandai did make a toy of the Model-97. It was a "Cloth Gear" item; essentially a metal frame which you snap the plastic armour parts onto. I have one; not a brilliant toy (the plastic armour greatly restricts the movement of the inner frame, making you wonder why they bothered making it poseable in the first place) but the "police blue" colour scheme does make it stand out. You're mostly right though; to the best of my knowledge theres very few, if any, other representations of the Model-97 in toy form.

Probably the only figure with less representation in models and toys is the Phantom, which is a pity, because it's a really cool design :(. I'd love for CM's to make one, even if it was part of their crappy, break-when-you-try-to-move-it plastic labor line :(.

most fans prefer the Taisyo Labor to the Model 97. It looks more real to them than a redressed GM Command type.

Eh, to me the Taisyo Labor looks kind of silly, as well as most Gundams with their random mutli-color paint jobs and light sabers. In many ways the Model 97 is more "believable" than even the military labors that look more like knights, with the exception of the Helldiver of course. The model 97 looks ready for a riot and more rugged than the AV-98s. Of course all of this is just my opinion.

Well I finally got my 1/24th Unit 1 and "Special Weapons Pack". I have to say this thing really is well made. I had no trouble with the head/neck and the waist is nice and tight surprisingly. Some pics:

(sorry for the lame backdrop)

DSC_0035-1.jpg

DSC_0026-1.jpg

DSC_0031-1.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

Remember kids, safety first. Wear ear protection!

DSC_0029.jpg

Nice. 1/6th scale weapons, I assume?

I was also happy to note when I got my 1/24 Ingram that the loosest part of the joint was actually the ratchet joint (so don't shake the patlabor :lol: ) - the ball joints are super tight. I even had the "fix" guide printed out off the Yamato site and everything.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know anything about this paint scheme and how it fits into the Patlabor story?

FichtenFoo-Ingram-00.jpg

I dig it.

Don't think it does fit into the story... at least none of the animation. Looks like a custom paint job on the Master Grade unit 2. Looks cool, though.

BTW there is a sale at HLJ right now on the 1/24 Ingrams. The white Unit 1 is 40%-off and the blue one is 50%-off. Unit 2's are 25%-off.

I wonder is Kanuka comes with the blue "USA" version...

I think the pilot for the CLAT labor (the blue one) is Andante, Noa's (unit 1's pilot) American alter ego in Shige's dream episode. Here's a pic I nabbed from the net:

post-5445-127986359702_thumb.jpg

I got it from here, a Japanese review of Yamato's CLAT labor.