1/60 VF-11

kaiotheforsaken

Oops the thread was on Macross Nexus, see here: http://forums.macrossnexus.com/index.php?showtopic=123

And this was the eventual concept that sumdumgai and Ghost Ryder drew up for how to make the cockpit armor: http://forums.macrossnexus.com/index.php?a...=post&id=35

Edited by Knight26

I really hate the nose sculpt of the SHE VF-11B, it's too big and bulbous. The head laser is al wrong as well.

Graham

Thank you Graham!!!!!!!! I've always said that about the SHE VF-11. You where the only person that ever seemed to agree with me. It's too much like a "duck bill" when it should be more angular like a birds "beek."

That was one area that I thought the Yamato 11 really did well.

Chris

Ho hum... just thought I'd throw my VF-11B pic up... obviously NOT the upcoming 1/60 :) ... this is the old one... and mine is "special" because its' leg fell off as soon as I took it out of the box (managed to repair the leg using very...err...barbaric yet effective methods) ... here she is :)

VFTF1 (who apparently likes taking pictures and throwing them up on the forum!...)

post-4621-1165420465_thumb.jpg

post-4621-1165420501_thumb.jpg

Ho hum... just thought I'd throw my VF-11B pic up... obviously NOT the upcoming 1/60 :)

I'm not sure if you were misled or just joking. Well most likely joking, hence the smilely. Still I just want to clarify that there is no offical news of a 1/60 VF-11. Just wild speculation of a hopeful trend of upcoming valks by fans.

edit: sp and grammer

Edited by Briareos

Ho hum... just thought I'd throw my VF-11B pic up... obviously NOT the upcoming 1/60 :) ... this is the old one... and mine is "special" because its' leg fell off as soon as I took it out of the box (managed to repair the leg using very...err...barbaric yet effective methods) ... here she is :)

VFTF1 (who apparently likes taking pictures and throwing them up on the forum!...)

Nice VF-11 shots. Seems to me I've seen one of them before. Your not Pete from "The Hub" forum are you?

Karl

(Legios from The HUb)

Ho hum... just thought I'd throw my VF-11B pic up... obviously NOT the upcoming 1/60 :) .

Ah, your a man who lives in hope a little like myself. A 1/60th VF-11 would be something I'd want to see even before a -22. There's just something about the "workhorse" nature of the -11 that makes it appeal to me a lot.

Karl

The Hub still exists?? :) I thought it all crashed and burned long ago?

VFTF1 aka Cryotekk of the Hub :)

It did, but like Macrossworld it got better - it just moved a bit. I shall take the rest of this to PM and now return everyone to your regularly scheduled thread.

Karl

I really hate the nose sculpt of the SHE VF-11B, it's too big and bulbous. The head laser is al wrong as well.

Graham

Reminds me of a duck's bill every time i look at it now.

There was a kitbash of a reconnaissance VF-1 that was like that, and that was as bad looking as Katie Holmes, very much like a platypus. That was in the magazine section, I forgot which one now.

If they ever release the VF-11 I think it will be one of the best toys ever produced by Yamato, why ? well, mostly because of all three 1/72 toys it was the best sculpted one, and its transformation process is a lot simplier than the other 2 YF valks.

The Vf-11 has one of the sexiest designs ever so I´m hoping they´ll use both the M+ and VF-X2 licenses and release the GBP variant as well - best GBP add-on EVER-.

here´s hoping they actually build the heatshield within the toy isntead of a lame ¨cut-out and paste it yourselfe¨ plastic thingy.

The VF-11 is roughly the same size as the VF-1. If they made 1/60 version it'd be midget next to the new YF-19. They should make it a 1/48.

Ok, here's a quick rendition of the VFX-2 scheme. Now, a "real" VFX-2 VF-11 I think would incorporate all the normal VF-11 markings, like the stripes on the legs and ventral fins, which every other VF-11 has, but doesn't seem to be in the VFX version. So if you added black and yellow to the legs and ventral fins, you'd have a very cool VF-11---maybe continue the striping pattern on the rudder. Also, the wingtips are black and yellow, but it's hard to see.

Finally---I used my "modified tailfin" version of the VF-11---the "official" sideview just does NOT fit Kawamori's drawings nor the anime', and the tailfin pattern from VFX won't fit at all---the VFX model is also similar to how I drew it.

IIRC they just re-used a scheme that originally appeared in TIAS: M+

post-752-1165698400_thumb.jpg

all this talk about the SHE heatshield design does anyone have any diagrams or anything showing how the SHE model works their heatshield? Graham maybe?

Shawn uploaded pics of the SHE VF-11 as well as the assembly and transformation manual scans to the Macrossworld Resin Model's section:

http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/models/she/she_vf11b.htm

Thank you Graham!!!!!!!! I've always said that about the SHE VF-11. You where the only person that ever seemed to agree with me. It's too much like a "duck bill" when it should be more angular like a birds "beek."

That was one area that I thought the Yamato 11 really did well.

Chris

Count me in, I dont like how the SHE VF-11 looks like. I am happy to see that there are a lot of VF-11 fans. If it wasnt for this valkyrie I would of never taken interest into Macross Plus and probably never found out about the real Macross and still be stuck on Robotech. VF-1 will be a classic but the VF-11 is my all time favorite valkyrie. I hope a better version comes out. I hope also it comes with many different FAST PACKS. The atmospheric ones kick ass like in Operation Stargazer (M7 Ep 44). The 19's and 11's looked really nice with them!

If it makes it look better, I'm for a VF-11 with exchangeable canopy/heat-shield. Especially if it's a 1/60 VF-11.

There are at least three color varients that Yamato could do: standard, deep space, and Ravens. And if they were to get the rights to M3...

Plus they could make the fulll armor for the VF-11. :)

Did I mention the VF-11 is one of my all time favorites? :D

They just need to develop a transformation process without those god awful slider bars...