What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Not Macross, but I thought you guys might like it....It is the Fine Molds 1/72 scale Delta-7 Jedi Starfighter.....This color scheme is the one belonging to a Jedi named Ploo Koon, he gets shot down after order "66" is given, this is the ship he was flying. There were no decal options for this paint scheme so I had to mask it all, it was a quite the chore. Anyway enjoy the pics!

I also have a WIP of a Has VF1-S Bat that is almost done I will post pics of that soon.

Ashton

How did you do the wear and corosion marks ?

How did you do the wear and corosion marks ?

Pretty easy really, I primed the model w/ a very thin coat of Mr. SUrfacer 1000 when that dried I tool and little bit of table salt, and some water and a old fine tipped brush. I dipped the brush in the water, then in the salt and worked the salt/water mixture onto the hull of the ship. I tried to place it randomly and not to let each area get too big, the model is pretty small so I didnt want to over do it. After the salt dired, about 3 hours, I then painted the ship my main color, in this case Vallejo Persian Blue. After the paint dried I simply brushed the dried, painted salt off and bam...I was left w/ some paint chipping.

Ashton

post-122-1187797126_thumb.jpg post-122-1187796813_thumb.jpg

Just finished this one. Camo scheme is inspired from SU-27s, but not a direct match. Just a thing I wanted to fiddle with.

Edit: Silly me, forgot the backside!

Edited by VF-19

It also works well if you spray an aluminium or rust pattern before you add the salt. Then, when you remove the salt, you see the 'bare metal' or corrosion.

Yes, I have done that before too w/ some suprisingly nice effects, I chose not to do it this time on this model because of the scale....the 1/72 delta-7 is small, so w/ such small paint chipping it just didnt really seem worth the effort to me..

Ashton

What's lying on my workbench is, well, a bit of a backlog ... :wacko:

1247783389_5eb7e1d434_o.jpg

Still, at least now I have a workbench! ^_^

hmmm, I know a way to reduce that backlog....

well; small is just relative for example the amt millennium F. is the one with 40 to 80 parts model (not sure of this though)... same goes to the 1/200 Nichimos they are about 15-20 pieces a set..unlike the fine molds that's close to 900 so, no many parts to build in total...

Now, if all the models you have were like the new Gundam 1/60 and 1/100 with about 500 pieces each..that wouldn't be a little back log..it would be a land slide, a tsunami, a monsoon of models to build... that's not counting cleaning, putty and sanding time...

Nice collection by the way...

B))

Edited by 007-vf1

Guest Bromgrev
O.K so my back log doesnt look so bad. Still I bet you`ll be done with yours before I finnish mine.

Heh, not with the working hours in these parts ... ;)

I'm not really into Gundams, people just keep giving them to me as presents. Still, there's plenty of cannibalising potential there! :D

Took a break from guting and refitting the electrics in my 1970s issue king tiger to throw this conversion onto my Hovertruck. I got the hovertruck from starship modeler. I like the look but the hoverfans just kill it for me. So i decided to master a conversion for it!

Using the wheels from a modern german AFV and scratchbuilt bogies i sent the parts off to be cast. Well i got tem today and tossed them together real quick and here is the result. I needed a tire that looked meaty with some good tread but not one that would fill ALL the space under the vehicle. It needed to look like it also allowed room for suspension travel. I think the overall effect works.

post-2293-1188603485_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1188603497_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1188603510_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1188603521_thumb.jpg

That looks awesome HWR MKII. I've seen this before and thought the same thing the fans just don't do the rest of the model justice. Always wondered what it would look like with a set of wheels and ....well here it is, look great.

Can't wait to see it painted.

Got my compressor repaired and have been busy airbrushing. Its amazing how simple it is to repair. One stuck valve and some cleaning. I'll post some pics of Odysseyslipways' 1/10000 MC80a, MC80b, MC80, and Lancer Frigates later this week.

Here are the Mon Cal ships. The SD is for a size comparsion.

post-1196-1188689395_thumb.jpg

post-1196-1188689415_thumb.jpg

post-1196-1188689434_thumb.jpg

post-1196-1188689447_thumb.jpg

Heh, not with the working hours in these parts ... ;)

I'm not really into Gundams, people just keep giving them to me as presents. Still, there's plenty of cannibalising potential there! :D

LOl I know what you mean most of my friends think TF`s, Macross and Gundam is the same series.

Looks great neptunesurvey! I can hardly wait to build all the small craft to go with the Daedalus. On second thought, yes I can. :blink:

And yeah the ignorance of people with the series is a bummer. Somebody said I had to see the Transformers movie because I built those kits growing up. I almost replied back - how dare you :rolleyes: !

HWR, the conversion looks great. It fits it well too. - MT

I've got had the Matchbox/Robotech diecast MkII Monster primered and ready for some detailing for about 20 years now. It's part of my long ( really long ) range plan for wargaming Macross in 1/200 scale. I'm not sure of it's exact scale but it was the closest I could get to a 1/200 monster back in the day. I suppose somebody was probably done a garage kit by now.

41b.jpg