What's lying on your workbench? MKII

TSP

Im moving soon too so im about to pack this away. New house with a 400Sq Ft basement all to my lonesome.

Firstly lucky you. :) Secondly didn't you do that already a while ago?

Edited by big F

UN Marine theres good things afoot for that just keep your eyes peeled.

Thanks ^_^

so far it's not giving me any real headaches :lol: but i know it's the painting that's gonna be murder!

That's an awesome conversion for the support vehicle. the road wheels make it meaner looking ^_^

that kinda makes me wanna buy that kit & do a conversion of my own...

:)

geez HWR MKII, what scale if that transport vehicle and figure?? that looks incredibly detailed and realisitic, I can't paint figures for my life, I can never get that 'real' vibe too them

The vehicle is teh UCHG Hovertruck. But i dont really like gundam or hover trucks so i added wheels and bogies to it. I had the wheels and bogies cast since the original whel was made of a rubber that is known to melt and split over time.

The figure is almost 13 years old. i painted it back when i ws 15 or 16. He is due for a rip and strip anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
Couldn't sleep without starting another 1/144 scale project. :rolleyes:

th_VF17105.jpg th_VF17106.jpg th_VF17107.jpg

Just in case if you're curious. It'll be the one with a Tallgeese shield on top.

ooooooowwww!!

This is what I'm currently doing

post-3178-1198853650_thumb.jpg

post-3178-1198853663_thumb.jpg

The Revel Anakin's Jedi Starfighter was an Xmas present along with Darth's Tie fighter these are those quick slap together no paint or glue required. Well let me tell you paint and glue are required if you want it to look good. Gave the Cockpit a bit of a make over got rid of the ejector pin marks and painted in all the switches and lights oil washed the whole interior selectively giving it some other shades etc. Made wear marks and scuff in the foot well and on the arm rests although you wont really see them when the figure is in. The figure is undergoing the correct color repaint and it will look less like a chip has painted it. All the nasty seams are going and the correct hull colour will be airbrushed on including the default "used space look" knocks and scrapes.

post-3178-1198853674_thumb.jpg

The F-15 is going to be painted in G1 Star Scream colours and have scratch built null rays on the wings. The worst thing about this kit is that it has raised panel lines that all need to be recessed before I can go too far.

sorry for the pic quality but it's kinda difficult to get the camera to focus properly with out using so much light that it washes out the colours.

Edited by big F

Upgrading the kit TSP?

BigF, that Jedi cockpit looks awesome man! Is that the 1/48th scale one? I got one for my son about a month ago (he's three). I just went heavy on the glue after he broke some parts and he still loves it! Pre-painted it's great as a toy. The R-2 unit halves just didn't want to match up.

By the way, did anyone out there see the Fine Scale Modeler January issue. They finally posted the Wonder Fest pictures in it. I was really disappointed! NO MECHA whatsoever! I'm thinking of going with Hobby Japan now with a subscription (even though I can't read Japanese). FSM just doesn't do mecha anymore (except the adds in the back). They did have a great article on working with real metal foils though. Maybe a a valk in the "buff." - MT

Upgrading the kit TSP?

BigF, that Jedi cockpit looks awesome man! Is that the 1/48th scale one? I got one for my son about a month ago (he's three). I just went heavy on the glue after he broke some parts and he still loves it! Pre-painted it's great as a toy. The R-2 unit halves just didn't want to match up.

By the way, did anyone out there see the Fine Scale Modeler January issue. They finally posted the Wonder Fest pictures in it. I was really disappointed! NO MECHA whatsoever! I'm thinking of going with Hobby Japan now with a subscription (even though I can't read Japanese). FSM just doesn't do mecha anymore (except the adds in the back). They did have a great article on working with real metal foils though. Maybe a a valk in the "buff." - MT

Yeah it is. Your right about the seems the R2 is slightly better now due to my cutting off the lugs and just gluing it. He's gonna get the sand and fill treatment and a new coat of Alclad and metallic blue. I'm just cutting in the panel lines in the sides where I had to fill the bad seams then its onto paint. just trying to work out how to paint it and seal the cockpit in. I had thought of sealing the canopy with clear acrylic sealer and then masking it up but I'm not sure yet.

I was disappointed in the lack of mecha in FSM too the hobby Japan mag is great I always get it when in London as they sell it at the Japan center along with Dengeki hobby. I just wish that in the U.K we had a hobby based mag that was even half as thick. FSM and the Tamiya mag are as good as it gets.

Upgrading the kit TSP?

Reconnaissance VF-171

th_VF17108.jpg

Maybe I should open a new thread by the next update.

@Big F, the interior looks good. I skipped this one cause AMT released a better one which I never bought because it was overpriced. Therefore I bought a bunch of the newer smaller ETA-II Revell pocket kits. The details are really remarkable for the size. The cockpit in this kit is nearly as good as the 1/48 ones. Except for the big slit in the chair, Frankenstein Obi Wan/ Anakin and the missing control sticks.

@PetarB Not a fan of the B-Wing but you did a really good job on this one. Is that the one Fantastic Plastics offers?

Edited by TSP

Converting yet another RC tank. Putting a Leopard 2 gearbox and track on a leopard 1 chassis. It will run smoother and look more accurate with the rubber cleat track. Im also remodeling the outside to resemble a Leo1A5 used by denmark in Bosnia in the early/mid 90s.

post-2293-1199125320_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125333_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125357_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125366_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125374_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125385_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125395_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125405_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125416_thumb.jpg

post-2293-1199125426_thumb.jpg

I always liked the B wing maybe because it was a Corilian ship (SP) or maybe because my friend had one as a kid and just because his parents were rich and have relatives in the States. I just had my Slave 1 and X wing. An often over looked ship I like what you have done.

TSP that 17 is it one of the 1/100 ones you remodling there ?

HWR one day there will be no more tanks and armor for you to model, what will you do then.?? :p great work as always. Part of the lead of this thread is seeing if you have posted some new eye candy.

Edited by big F

Very, very nice AT-ST. A couple of weeks ago I went past an old hobby shop which had an AT-ST model. I did not have my wallet with me. The next day when I went back to buy it, it was gone...

Anyway, that B-Wing is the Fantastic Plastic resin kit. To get it looking like mine - assembly wise - will require a lot of work.

I have (not exaggerating here... ) 15 models on the work bench at once... some of them have been started painting over this week length holidays. They are all in the painting detailing stage with exception of the Valhalla III that needs to be trimmed and primed...

I have a huge 1/144 747, not pictured that's ready for wing painting and engine detailing

The 2 small 1/200 aircrafts on the booth are done painting; except for the 727 wings.

The B-wing and Minmai are ready for paint. This B-wing from Fantastic P; same one Petar B has built had some set backs specially on the cockpit area..

The Star Wars Trifoil and Lancer are ready for wash and decaling

The 3 tie fighters need to have the solar panels painted and then detailing with a wash

I also have the Revell recovery unit, that's the big cargo truck, assembled and ready for painting.

the 3 SDF's need deatiling, wash and have the "Daedalus and Prometeus painted

post-104-1199148785_thumb.jpg

post-104-1199148797_thumb.jpg

@mslz22: Great AT-ST! The green screen adds to the 'movie' effect!

@PetarB: The SW kits look very nice mate. Ref Slave 1, how did you achieve the weathered effect? The pattern doesn't look like salt or blu-tac. :)

TSP that 17 is it one of the 1/100 ones you remodling there ?

It's the 1/144 scale Bandai kit.

@HWRII This must be your 4th lawn mover if I remember correctly. I think you are possessed by Rheinstahl, the big German tank goddess. About time to call an exorcist.

Edited by TSP

Well thats my 4th refit/rebuild since thanksgiving. The other 3 are a Stug 4 refit, a Stug 3B scratchbuild using a Henlong panzer 3 chassis and a cosmetic and detail enhancement of my king tiger which will be getting its clutch drive steering mechanism rebuilt soon now i have the needed replacement parts. I have my Venerable Tiger 1 still . Its fine and in no need of revision. I also have a T-34/85 that im going to detail up some and repaint. Then theres my 1/6 Leopars2A6, its electrics are overseas being rebuilt. I also have a 1/6 Panzer 4 that i need to get more work done on soon.

Yeah, everyone's been busy! Nice work!

HWR, what original chassis are you using for the Leopard? I'm seriously looking at getting a Marui/VS Tank Leopard 2 A6 with Airsoft cannon. Just something to have fun with that I don't have to build (or have time to build). The other issue is trying to find someone who sells it stateside. Specifically the VS Tank (I like the controller layout better). Banana Hobby sells it, but I've seen them slammed online. I'll probably get the accessories and stand to spruce it up. I love the Tamiya A6, but too much money, time and space for me right now. I'm mad at work engineering the Daedalus ramp mechanisms now. - MT

I think you should lengthen the nose a bit while you're at it.

This morning I noticed that the whole fuselage isn't nearly as what the VF-171 look like. At the moment I'm trying to correct the issues before gluing the two body halves together. It also easier to work on the air intakes if the main body parts are seperated I'll be able to make the changes regarding the nosecone and cockpit area afterwards.

@HWR MKII Sorry I mistaken the Leo 1 for a 1/6 big scale tank. :p Didn't noticed the catalog size in the background.

@Mechtech Just make sure you don't get yourself a Leopard 2A6 knockoff from HenLong. The motor cripples after a few minutes and the chassis is made of very brittle and thin ABS plastics. Can't even withstand a bump against a wall. Its 50$ for a hour of fun.

Edited by TSP

Thanks TSP! I researched them a lot and found some bad news on the Hen Long stuff. The vstank.com site slammed them with all sorts of photo and verbal comparisons. The dealer I almost ordered them from I looked for reviews on too. Banana Hobby got slammed everywhere I looked. Supposedly the FBI is investigating them.

Thanks again for posting that link up of Macross Frontiers in the valk voting thread. I saw the translated version and it was great. Now we're going to have to buy VF-25s!!! More money!

HWR - That's cool man with the old '77 Leopard. Tamiya's older stuff is really great and paved the way for many modern R/C vehicles. Some of the old spares I had found their way into the Daedalus in one form or another. - MT