Afro Samurai

I saw news about this awhile back. Lots of funky characters....there's supposedly some samurai in a bear suit as well. Is this gona be a movie or a series?

And in the trailer i saw a "newtype ping". :lol:

That's what I love about Samuel L. Jackson: he's reached nearly iconic status with his booming, instantly recognizable voice in movies/TV, much like James Earl Jones--but he doesn't take himself so seriously that he wouldn't do campy, fun, off-the-wall projects like these.

Hmm, I wonder if this series could have been influenced by this? http://www.jamurai.com/ IIRC, this guy's been doing Flash animations of the Little Jamurai character since 2000 or so.

Ha ha ha! "Yo mama so fat, she fell in love. And broke it!" :lol:

Edited by reddsun1

• 2 months later...

Just watched this. Screw the konky story. Animation is awesome. Blood and violence baybeh!

And Samuel L doesn't even talk much. :lol:

Samurais with guns, RPGs and grenade launchers....what's there not to like? ;)

It's "I've had it with these mother...."

Just as long as he sticks around for the second season of Boondocks, he can do whatever else he wants :)

WHERE'S OPRAH?!?!? :D

When's that starting up? Betweent the endings for the Venture Bros and Metalocalypse I'm really looking forward to what else Adult Swim can pull off when they're not half-assing it.

the animation is superb, script could use a lot of work, it's kind of cheesy

I think that's really the point. You guys should watch it and not take it too seriously. You'll enjoy it better that way.

:lol:

Btw i hate his sidekick that follows him around. Annoying.

I hate it when they do that. Grrrr!!

You can get it off torrent.

monova.org/download/39402/[R-Enc]_Afro_Samurai_01_XviD_[E5E8A618].avi.torrent

Note: Copy and paste into browser

Edited by wolfx

Um, I liked the blond bimbo in the Church... :unsure:

Alright, it's animated well, and the action's captivating enough although it's nothing we didn't see in Ninja Scroll. If you can get past the fact that everyone speaks as if they all work part time on the BET channel, then this might be something worth watching.

Yeah, we can do without Samuel and his sidekick character...

it was pretty underwhelming, imo. Ang honestly, while I love Sam Jackson, it's not like this show really showcases him or anything. Nor does he particularly bring anything to the table.

Oh snap... another mediocre project featuring Samuel L. Jackson...when will 20 something males get over this guy.. :rolleyes:

Meh it was alright. Nothing I haven't seen before. Animation was decent. The sidekick is lame. I'm surprised something this violent was broadcast even it was on cable.

How long is this series going to be?

I found out that the sidekick is voiced by Samuel L. as well. :rolleyes:

Its very obvious as soon as you hear him...I guess since the main character is "cool" Sam. The sidekick has to be the "crazeee" Sam MFer we all know and loathe...

Kelly Hu sounds alright but I'd rather look at her ;)