The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

I hope Nintendo plans to produce different Wii color version.

Given that the N64, GameCube, GBA, GBA SP, DS, and DS Lite all had different color versions, I'd say the Wii has very good chance of sporting some new colors. And don't forget that Nintendo will never miss an opportunity to sell their customers the same product twice. :p

Er....? Do people actually rebuy consoles just to get a different colour? If so, I wholeheartedly respect and support Nintendo's efforts to part these fools from their cash.

WiFi Wii was bound to happen....and it's not Gamestop their tapping..its gamespy according to the article...

but man!! i just checked out the Super Mario Galaxy trailer on the previous page..!!

It looks really dizzy but awesome at the same time.... i'm curiuos what the controls will feel like....

Er....? Do people actually rebuy consoles just to get a different colour? If so, I wholeheartedly respect and support Nintendo's efforts to part these fools from their cash.

Absolutely! I work part-time in a videogame store and customers do come back to buy the new color versions, last summer it was insane how many Japanese pink DS Lites we sold to people who already had the white US one.

To their credit, most of the time they'll trade in their stock system (at a huge loss) and use that credit towards the new color version. But in the end, Nintendo still ends up selling the same system twice :wacko:

But in the end, Nintendo still ends up selling the same system twice :wacko:

Once again, I can only endorse Nintendo's noble cause of parting these fools from their money.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

The NPD has released the latest sales figures for the month of February. The hardware sales are as follows from 1st to last.

Nintendo DS - 485,000

Wii - 335,000

PlayStation 2 - 295,000

X-Box 360 - 228,000

Sony PSP - 176,000

PlayStation 3 - 127,000

The software releases are as follows, also 1st to last.

X-Box 360 - Crackdown 427,000

Wii - Wii Play w/ Remote 371,000

Nintendo DS - Diddy Kong Racing 262,000

Wii - Legend of Zelda: The Twilight Princess 130,000

PlayStation 2 - Guitar Hero 2 w/Guitar 130,000

X-Box 360 - Gears of War 119,000

X-Box 360 - Major League Baseball 2K7 113,000

X-Box 360 - Lost Planet: Extreme Condition 111,000

Wii - Wario Ware Smooth Moves 109,000

X-Box 360 - NBA Street Homecourt 102,000

Is there anything big on configuring the Wii's? I got one from Sam's Club, but the Navy Exchange is selling them for cheaper(plus no tax) and I'm going to return one to Sams. Can I just give Sams the one from the exchange or is there problems with that?

I still haven't seen a Wii for sale here. And still waiting for a new color of DSL---is the US *ever* going to get Navy blue?!?! I want a non-white Wii, and a DSLite to match. :)

Eh, you don't want the black DSL?

As for my Wii... I'm waiting for Metroid, and then I'll pick one up. By then, there might actually be Wiis to be had in Ottawa.

It's been 4 months since the Wii came out and I still have not physically seen a system that I could actually go buy.

This news is posted at numerous blogs and news sites, but there is talk going around that Saturn games could be hitting the Virtual Console.

It's been 4 months since the Wii came out and I still have not physically seen a system that I could actually go buy.

This news is posted at numerous blogs and news sites, but there is talk going around that Saturn games could be hitting the Virtual Console.

Now if they could just find a way to sneak in DYRL on to the VC I'd be very happy.

Or some sort of firmware upgrade that allows me to play my Saturn games on my Wii. :p

Ja. Nintendo keeps sending out shipments, but they always sell out quickly. When Wario Ware game out, there was a line in front of the local Target. Apparently the line had started 10p the previous night. Even more incredulous was learning that this was not an unusual event. People have been lining up for Wiis whenever a shipment is rumoured to have arrived.

Man, I'm still just waiting for an estimated release date for 'No More Heroes', and news on whether or not Clover will be making Wii games.

Thats new cuz it was mentioned before at magicbox a few months ago that it was actually for the PS3.

Magicbox is notoriously unreliable. But it's all still hearsay... maybe Saturn games will be showing up on both systems? That said, for $600 on the PS3 you could buy a lot of great saturn games, and the Wii doesnt have a controller that could stand up to the Saturn's, so I'll stick with my old white box.

Edited by yellowlightman

Despite it's age, the Saturn is an incredibly complex machine, I doubt the Wii has the processing power to emulate it. And even if Nintendo does manage to do so, I hope Wii customers will be willing to invest in some extra sd cards because 1 or 2 Saturn ISO's (even if they're compressed to all hell) will easily fill up the Wii's measly 512mb onboard flash memory.

The PS3 and 360 are far better candidates for Saturn emulation as they have both the horsepower and the storage capacity for Saturn emulation.

I believe Sega themselves have something to do with these rumours. I recall on Sega's Wii site, they had a poll on "Which games you'd most like to see on the Virtual Console?". Saturn games were in the lot.

*edit*

Should note, this is something I read elsewhere, not something I saw for myself.

Edited by Radd

OMG. This guy will tell you why the PS3 is better than the Wii and 360.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25LceCPO1ys

Good god my IQ just went down 50 points just listening to the guy talk....and I've got a PS3.

Oh well my Wii Name/Number:

Copernicus 0134 7767 5846 4184 (I didn't know what to call my Wii!)

Others in this thread:

Chris 4150 2243 6161 9070

Hikuro 0040 2679 1564 4724

neko 3428 2033 1498 2833

UN Spacy - Mar - 6436 4644 4430 5348

MilkManX - MilkManX - 3896 5966 4421 6752

Gaijin - Gai - 2891 6403 3207 0755

Ishimaru - Larry - 4699 2417 4304 4489

JELEINEN - JELEINEN - 1321 5374 2555 9361

WOW, just a bit off topic but here's how my day just went

SHITTY: Woke up 3 hours before I needed too cause I had to pee and couldn't get back to sleep.

Then forgot I was making breakfast, took a shower, shaved, came back to burnt biscuits :( awwww

Spent, 30 minutes looking for my god damn belt which was BEHIND one of the double doors to my den.

Had to get gas running on fumes but only had 5 bucks on me : / barely enough to get to work.

SLIGHTLY BETTER: Got my paycheck...it was a lil better then expected but was cut 30 minutes (which is a few bucks for me) cause I forgot to clock in and they just set it at my default of 1 PM.......geh

Spent 4 hours twittling my thumbs cause we had a slow afternoon at the shop.

BETTER: FINALLY got to go to lunch. Put my check in the bank.

EVEN BETTER: Went to a gamecrazy store in hopes of getting a Oynx Black DS, and BAM there it was...I went to 3 stores in my area yesterday who said "Not gonna get any until April" and this store just got a shipment lastnight? wtf?

GETTIN EVEN BETTER: Went down to another electronic store, picked up Yugioh spirit callers, and a Wi-Fi USB connector.

OH YEAH BABY!: Got home, installed the Wi-Fi connector and right now my Wii and DS are running strong! :o I can't believe it! It's the first time I didn't have to change my connection settings around for my consoles to work online.

So right now my Wii is doing a much needed update, then I'll start adding everyone whose got a Wii code up to my address book ^_^

I'm really excited!

WOW, just a bit off topic but here's how my day just went

SHITTY: Woke up 3 hours before I needed too cause I had to pee and couldn't get back to sleep.

Then forgot I was making breakfast, took a shower, shaved, came back to burnt biscuits :( awwww

Spent, 30 minutes looking for my god damn belt which was BEHIND one of the double doors to my den.

Had to get gas running on fumes but only had 5 bucks on me : / barely enough to get to work.

SLIGHTLY BETTER: Got my paycheck...it was a lil better then expected but was cut 30 minutes (which is a few bucks for me) cause I forgot to clock in and they just set it at my default of 1 PM.......geh

Spent 4 hours twittling my thumbs cause we had a slow afternoon at the shop.

BETTER: FINALLY got to go to lunch. Put my check in the bank.

EVEN BETTER: Went to a gamecrazy store in hopes of getting a Oynx Black DS, and BAM there it was...I went to 3 stores in my area yesterday who said "Not gonna get any until April" and this store just got a shipment lastnight? wtf?

GETTIN EVEN BETTER: Went down to another electronic store, picked up Yugioh spirit callers, and a Wi-Fi USB connector.

OH YEAH BABY!: Got home, installed the Wi-Fi connector and right now my Wii and DS are running strong! :o I can't believe it! It's the first time I didn't have to change my connection settings around for my consoles to work online.

So right now my Wii is doing a much needed update, then I'll start adding everyone whose got a Wii code up to my address book ^_^

I'm really excited!

ooooo.... have you been playing Yugioh: SC???? I haven't tested out the wi-fi on the game yet so maybe i'll check it out later.....

i'm level 8 with a decent amount of cards due to the card pack glitch. LMK if you wanna duel!! haha...

I couldn't get that glitch to work I'm pretty pissed off about that too, I'm only at Level 3, but near Level 4, won a good majority of my duels but when I get near the Obelisk dorms or the northern part of the island, I come across Krowler, damn him wasting my precious time.

What surprises me about that game is that it's not like the Duel Academy game wher eyou got dorm exchange exams every 3 months.

I couldn't get that glitch to work I'm pretty pissed off about that too, I'm only at Level 3, but near Level 4, won a good majority of my duels but when I get near the Obelisk dorms or the northern part of the island, I come across Krowler, damn him wasting my precious time.

What surprises me about that game is that it's not like the Duel Academy game wher eyou got dorm exchange exams every 3 months.

the card pack glitch should work... as it did with mine and it helps TONS.... you may not be doing it right so follow these steps.

Materials Needed:

-At least 150 DP but its bettter to have more so you can get more than 1 entire pack at a time

-There must be at least 3 packs available with cards

Step 1) Select any pack and check 1 pack and exit out to the main pack selection menu

Step 2) Select a different pack you want to all the packs from and push L on your DS to check all of them and then exit out to the main selection menu

Step 3) Highlight the 3rd pack which you haven't checked anything yet but don't select it to go into the menu. Instead, while it's highlighted, push R on your DS and the glitch should take effect and the total DP spent will drop from a couple of thousand to 150.

Step 4) Push the purchase button and enjoy all the cards you got for just 150 DP!!!

When the card shop runs out of packs, they usually restock every week. But as i said, when you want to to the glitch multiple times, you still need 3 packs and at least 150 DP. In step 2) when you push L to check all the packs, uncheck 1 so you get all the packs except that one and finish the rest of the steps.

This way you'll still have that deck to perform the glitch on and use it to get the other packs

Hope that helps!

Yo thanks, that's REALLY helped, I've now got a power house deck to last me until a really big event occurs...I gotta start prepping up on going against the "criminal" event.

Sorry to get everyone off topic.