The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Man, I've no idea where some people are getting their opinions on FPS games using a Wii controller setup. Playing CoD3 I came away feeling it was much better than using a gamepad, but not as good as using a mouse/keyboard setup. Personally, I can't wait to see them work out the sensitivity issues. Make it easier to jump into a game without needing to go back multiple times to tweak the sensitivity. That was the biggest issue with CoD3 on the Wii.

Haven't played Red Steel, but by my understanding, it was simply not a great game. It seems nonsensical to me that someone would hold a third rate FPS up as the definitive example of how the genre plays on a console. It would seem more prudent to wait until there's more examples here.

As for the comment that 2D shooters would be ruined by the Wii controller, Metal Slug Anthology says otherwise.

FPS games on consoles are atrocious. I don't know how people can like a controller over a mouse.

I guess you just have to be accustomed to it, although I never have. When playing Halo for example, my shots were hopeful ones at best...

Are you asking about Zelda? It was released albeit in extremely limited suppply. They want you to buy a Wii version.

I've seen both versions everywhere....

So have I, stock on the game is high. I don't see why Nintendo would not want to sell it. Because a majority of buyers still have a GameCube.

Ishmaru, the reasoning is that Nintendo has more of a priority on selling Wii consoles, than Gamecube games. They want everyone to buy their new console so that they have a stronger chance of doing well in the new generation, and games like Zelda move consoles.

Ishmaru, the reasoning is that Nintendo has more of a priority on selling Wii consoles, than Gamecube games. They want everyone to buy their new console so that they have a stronger chance of doing well in the new generation, and games like Zelda move consoles.

Yeah I know, but still a majority of Nintendo gamers still have the Gamecube, it would bring in a reasonable amount of sales. But the Wii would be a better option to focus on as you said for Nintendo since they are making major profit per system.

Edited by Ishimaru

It's still hard for me to believe Zelda is in limited supply for the Cube. Last week Target had it on sale for 39.99 and I even saw it on DeepDiscountDvd for a paltry 29.99, although it is no longer on that site.

I guess you just have to be accustomed to it, although I never have. When playing Halo for example, my shots were hopeful ones at best...

I't's not simply a matter of getting accustomed to it, you actually have less control when using a gamepad. No console FPS to date has offered the precision of playing the same game on a computer using a mouse and keyboard. That's why console FPS games have the auto-aim cranked so high.

I't's not simply a matter of getting accustomed to it, you actually have less control when using a gamepad. No console FPS to date has offered the precision of playing the same game on a computer using a mouse and keyboard. That's why console FPS games have the auto-aim cranked so high.

There was a recent article in (I think) PC Gamer where they pitted a team of veteran console die-hards vs pc players ... I think it was on HALO or HALO2. The console gamers were allowed to set the auto-aim as high as they liked, pick the maps, and every other advantage they could come up with and it made no difference whatsoever: They just got smoked by the guys using the mouse-kb setup on high-end PCs. I was a savage beating, IIRC ... Man I wish I could find a link to the article somewhere online.

IPB Image

http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200....0136.50456.htm

Nintendo opted to forego rechargeable batteries for its remote controller, but Nyko has remedied the problem with its Wii Charge Station ($29.99). The Charge Station includes two rechargeable batteries that fit directly into the Wii battery slot and feature rubberized non-slip grips. These NiMH batteries last 25 hours on a full charge, and one battery charges in four hours, both in eight hours. Two Wii-motes sit nicely while charging, and overall the slick package keeps the Wii styling together.

How long have people's batteries been lasting? I went through my first set rather quickly, but that was because I screwed up and didn't store the remotes properly (they were left in a duffel bag for a week after taking my system to a party and so the buttons were constantly pressed). My second set have lasted a good three weeks, but I don't play daily, so I have no idea what kind of life I should expect.

How long have people's batteries been lasting? I went through my first set rather quickly, but that was because I screwed up and didn't store the remotes properly (they were left in a duffel bag for a week after taking my system to a party and so the buttons were constantly pressed). My second set have lasted a good three weeks, but I don't play daily, so I have no idea what kind of life I should expect.

yea.. the stock batteries that came with the Wiimote didn't last me very long.... dunno why, but my regular Costco Batts have been good for awhile now.. but it's only been less than 3 weeks since i've had one....

The batteries that Nintendo packed in lasted about a week.

Now that I have rechargeables I don't have to worry as much.

two came in to my regular gamestop today, employee bought one, and my buddy bought the other one for me since i took today off work.

he just beat some lady by two minutes. i'll get it from him at work tomorrow.

now, what is the definitive game out right now that i should get for it?

two came in to my regular gamestop today, employee bought one, and my buddy bought the other one for me since i took today off work.

he just beat some lady by two minutes. i'll get it from him at work tomorrow.

now, what is the definitive game out right now that i should get for it?

You mean aside from Zelda?

I'm gonna be wii'ed out for a while, I REALLYI hurt my shoulder playing Wii sports for 3 days straight.....I'm kicking ass in Boxing, Bowling and Tennise......but the bowling has really killed my right arm complete..hurts to move it much at all.

I got wii elbow!!!

Well I saw that news piece on the guy who reckons he got fit playing just 30 mins of Wii sports every night for a month so yeah I'm gonna give it a try myself.

Normal exercise is a hell of a lot more effective than playing "Wii Sports". Go jogging for 45 mins instead than come home and play Wii sports afterwards. :p

Yeah. Don't expect Wii Sports to help you shed a few pounds, but you WILL get a tad sweaty. Hahahaha.

No one else go WarioWare: Smooth Moves?

I just unlocked the multiplayer mode a couple of minutes ago. It'll be fun trying this out with a few friends....

Yeah. Don't expect Wii Sports to help you shed a few pounds, but you WILL get a tad sweaty. Hahahaha.

No one else go WarioWare: Smooth Moves?

I just unlocked the multiplayer mode a couple of minutes ago. It'll be fun trying this out with a few friends....

Multiplayer has to be unlocked? That sucks.