The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

So you're saying the Wii has no ADULT games?

Rockstart just announced they're releasing Manhunt 2 for Nintendo's latest system.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/manhunt/manhunt-2...-psp-234409.php

Manhunt is a big "No thank you" but if it means there could be a GTA on Wii then I'm pleased. :D

Since this is just a ageneral Wii throwdown thread, whose getting Sonic and the Secret Rings?

I was as sceptical as anyone else when yet another new generation Sonic game was announced but this one actually looks very, very appealing.

I've seen the Wii once at Target. There were about 10-12 units. About half of them were gone by the time I left the store.

Almost 3 months after launch, I have yet to see a Wii on display at a store that I can physically pick up and go buy. When I got my Premium 360 back in November 2005, I would not see another Premium 360 on a store shelf until well into the spring of 2006.

In a press release from Nintendo, comes the news that the Wii version of Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess has just marked one million sales. Note that we are talking units sold, games in the hands of gamers, not units shipped, as some companies like to wave around like it means something. According to the release, Twilight Princess has now garnered the coveted position of "the fastest-selling launch title for any new video game system since Super Mario 64 for Nintendo 64 some 10 years ago." pretty impressive considering this isn't even including the Gamecube version sales.

Just goes to show you what the power of a really strong 21 year old franchise can do. Go team Zelda!

:D

So someone at a store finally let me in why they horde the Wii's until sundays.

I was told that Nintendo has a deal with most retailers that on weeks where Nintendo buys an add in their Sunday ad the store chain must hold the wii's until that sunday morning. So that's why Target didn't sell theirs until today. I picked two up for my in-laws.

Anyway for those still trying to find them try best buy tomarrow. Nintendo didn't buy an add and the best buy people said they will sell them monday. At least here in Minnesota.

It's kind of funny but I've now purchased 7 wii's for myself and others and have waited a whopping 15 minutes in line total for them, never buying more than 1 per time.

BTW, I finally got to play the wario game...fun but I must say its onlly a rental since we finished everything in the game in 2 hours. Fun for parties but the trading off of the wii-mote gets a little sickening. For the life of us we could get a 2nd wii-mote to work on that game. :angry:

Funny how it's still sort of hard to get a Wii in many areas, and I find PS3's in piles in any big retail store like Target or Bestbuys....it makes me laugh how SONY goes on saying "We're selling 100,000 units per week!" and "The Wii is just a fad, ppl will buy it on impulse then they'll be tired of it"

Well, 2 months down the road, I'm still playing mine.

I got 12 free rentals from GC cause I bought a new PS2, and I spent that getting DBZ for the Wii, the controls are creative I must say, but the game is difficult for me cause I don't play DBZ games that often.

I need to really figure out how this game really works so I can enjoy it for what it is.

I also got RedSteel coming in from Gamefly, tell ya, it's been a real benefit having that for my rentals.

I should look into Gamefly, as there are quite a few games that I'd never want to buy but still want to try out anyway.

Speaking of Red Steel, I got that with Zelda on launch day, and I definitely have to say that the best way to sum it up in two words is "launch title." It's a mildly interesting concept that, while better than the "total crap" I've heard elsewhere, has quite a number of apparent flaws that make it obvious that the controller's design was still new to the developers and they had to rush to get it out by launch. I've encountered a few bugs, as well as clipping issues that have enabled me to escape into the inky void outside the game's levels.

i want to pick up Wii Play.... but i heard Gamestop sold out of their preorders already.... and the Wii-Mote will only come with the pre-ordered ones....

but i'm not sure if that's true....

I picked up 7 copies of Wii play today. Went to target and got 4 copies when it opened this morning (1 for me and 3 for relatives)...then decided to try best buy since I could get reward points and they had 40 coming in. So I bought 3 there (1 for me and 2 for relatives, My bro-in-law showed up at the same time so I didn't pick him one up since he bought it himslef).

Then I find out that my other brother-in-law lucked out and got one last night when he bought a new TV.

Now I have 5 extra copies of Wii-play. :blink::blink::blink:

So anybody desperate for a copy? Either that or I'm taking the target one's back and putting the 2 from best buy on evil bay. I'm betting in a week they be going for a nice chunk of change.

If your interested, pm me, I'm not looking to make a profit but will need money for shipping and a couple of bucks for my time.

BTW the wii play games are pretty fun. I especially like the tank battle game and the shooting game. My wife really likes the find the mii game.

i got a copy of Wii Play from Best Buy this morning.... as i got there..... 5 people were already waiting and asking for it....

there was a fresh shipment that just came in from UPS that had the games in it... they popped open the cases in front of us but limited only 1 per customer....

sooo YAY!!! i'm happy i got my last and final Wii-mote... plus i stopped by a local target and they had a fresh supply of Nunchucks so i picked one up to really complete my set of controllers...

so now i have 4 wii motes, 4 chucks, and 2 classic controllers...

does anyone know of any reason to pick up any more than 2 classic controllers????

i got a copy of Wii Play from Best Buy this morning.... as i got there..... 5 people were already waiting and asking for it....

there was a fresh shipment that just came in from UPS that had the games in it... they popped open the cases in front of us but limited only 1 per customer....

sooo YAY!!! i'm happy i got my last and final Wii-mote... plus i stopped by a local target and they had a fresh supply of Nunchucks so i picked one up to really complete my set of controllers...

so now i have 4 wii motes, 4 chucks, and 2 classic controllers...

does anyone know of any reason to pick up any more than 2 classic controllers????

The only reason I can think of is if you're a Mario cart 64 addict. I still need to find another nunchuk and probably one more classic controller. BYW those sleeves for the wii-mote are pretty cool. I bought 2 when they were on sale for $4.99 at circuit city. I doctored mine a bit so its easier for us folks with fat fingers. But they are a total pain in the ass when you take your wii-mote to play on someone else's wii.

Does anyone else have a really hard time getting into the shop?

Every time I can be bothered to try it I always get a "cannot connect to server" message. :(

maybe you need a Wii Update.... do a manual update in your system settings menu to check...

maybe you need a Wii Update.... do a manual update in your system settings menu to check...

That's the kicker here, it updates just fine, I have the news and weather channels & I managed to get into the shop once to download the internet browser. It flashes when it gets a message etc but it won't connect to the shops server except on rare occasions.

Well, I EASILY got bored of DBZ for the Wii.....this end of the franchise needs a huge revival or just finish it....do some sort of an original story that doesn't need to be fitted into the series line just like the movies....ooooorrrrrrrr just kill the games cause they're all the damn same.

I should have Redsteel tomorrow in the mail....hopefully I'll enjoy it a bit more then DBZ.

What channel is this? I just updated and didn't get a new channel.

I believe you need to access it from the Wii Shop Channel.

Go to the Wii Ware section and it should be there for download.

Well, I EASILY got bored of DBZ for the Wii.....this end of the franchise needs a huge revival or just finish it....do some sort of an original story that doesn't need to be fitted into the series line just like the movies....ooooorrrrrrrr just kill the games cause they're all the damn same.

I should have Redsteel tomorrow in the mail....hopefully I'll enjoy it a bit more then DBZ.

Hope it's rented because DBZ would be Game of the Year when compared to Red Steel. :lol:

Director of Killer 7 (GC) promises to make his new game for the Wii MORE violent than Manhunt 2.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/765/765721p1.html

Given it's bright n' breezy style he's gonna be hard pushed to make it seem more violent then Manhunt to punters.

But I like this guy, I like his style and I very much like the idea of him working with Kojima!

On another note, the modem in my Wii is working fine now, it was just a crappy server on their end. Thanks for your help though guys. :D