The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Man I am loving Super Paper Mario. Yeah its a bit wordy but the levels and exploration are awesome. They need to make a full fledged Mario 2d/3d action game this good.

Well the wife bought Mario Party 8 and I'm thoroughly disappointed. Nintendo couldn't even make if fit to a widescreen HDTV. I have these stupid looking curtains on the sides of my screen that are most likely going to cause burn in on my plasma. the minigames are pretty boring too

I've been hearing a lot of disappointing or mixed reviews about Mario Party 8. Though while the MP games aren't that great I think this one suffers from being a port as well. It was clearly designed for the Cube. I have a feeling that a ground up Mario Party game will be more like Wii Sports and Play then anything else when it's finally done. Also keep in mind that I don't think MP8 was even done by Nintendo themselves. Didn't someone else make it?

There's a trailer up for the MS Front 0079 Gundam FPS, unfortunately it's another annoying streaming video.

http://b.bngi-channel.jp/wii-gundam/movie/index.html

Is it me or does the size of the trees look too big in some of the forrest scenes? Remember these are 60 foot tall mobile suits and the types of trees they are depicting and the way the ground is drawn seems to make the mobile suits look like they're just 6 feet tall. :blink:

But other than that, looks like it's got potential. Hopefully this Gundam game comes to the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Scarface got an 8.5 from IGN, it's out this Tuesday. I'm guessing this is the closest we'll get to a GTA on the Wii.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sg2OzL-l0FE

Scarface has been out for a while man.

By the way anyone here get Mario Party 8?

The reviews where bad but you know what, on mostly every Mario Party review they always get bad ratings.

I played it once and it was real fun just like all the other ones. :)

Don't follow them, this is something they are truly misjudging. It would be crazy though if you had 4 four people playing it. :ph34r:

Are you talking about the Wii or PS2 version?

Wii version it's been out since March.

If anybody wants a copy of Mario Party 8 I'll sell if for $35 + shipping used but in perfect condition. Please email me at jwinges@hotmail.com by the end of Tuesday if your interested. If not it'll be hitting ebay.

I'll take your note on that offer, PM you if I'm interested.

I was pretty disappointed with MP8 myself; nothing at all what i was expecting. I will admit that once you get all of the extras it makes it a little more interesting, but certainly not worth retail price.

Have you played with your friends? Multiplayer is the key concept when playing the game, so I don't think you should be done yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe some of you already played the HELL out of Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube (or PS2).

But the Wii version is getting some pretty solid scores. It's the best of both worlds mixed into one NEW Wii'ed up version.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938877.asp

Honestly with that $29.99 price tag it'll be hard for me to pass up.

Maybe some of you already played the HELL out of Resident Evil 4 for the Gamecube (or PS2).

But the Wii version is getting some pretty solid scores. It's the best of both worlds mixed into one NEW Wii'ed up version.

http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/938877.asp

Honestly with that $29.99 price tag it'll be hard for me to pass up.

$30? :o

Now how can I not pass that up.

I don't know what MW thinks about this.

Manhunt 2 for the Wii gets an A/O (Adults Only) rating. It's a far cry from coming from the folks that wanted the blood out of Mortal Kombat for the SNES.

:blink::blink::blink::blink:

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/06/19/wii-mot...be-adults-only/

In Manhunt 2, players can saw their enemies’ skulls in half; mutilate them with an axe; castrate them with a pair of pliers; and kill them by bashing their heads into an electrical box, where it is blown apart by a power surge. On Wii, players will not merely punch buttons or wield a joy stick, but will actually act out this violence…

Welcome to 1993. Nintendo hasn't been the squeaky-clean kid friendly no-blood-allowed company people think it is since the first Mortal Kombat tanked in sales because of Nintendo's attempt to be more "family friendly" to the exclusion of all else.

Meh, that's nothing. Manhunt 2 just got rejected by the British Board of Film Classification meaning it is banned outright from ever being sold here.

Not bothered myself, I don't think I'd like playing a game that was violence for the sake of violence.

Edited by Fort Max

The whole Manhunt 2 situation isn't much of a surprised. Rockstar is clearly lying if they didn't expect this, in fact I'm sure they were counting on this. Honestly though I'm torn betweeen buying this just for the sake of having it or not even bothering to touch it at all. Either way there is a very good chance I'd never play game that glorfies violence this much. There is such thing as a limit and Rockstar crossed it with this game. I gotta be honest though I'm glad this rating happen as this game should be limited and minors should never get their hands on this and if Rockstar hurts because of this then they deserve to be I feel.

SSBB update.

NEW level on top of a Lylat cruiser.

The fight rages on as the ship barrels through asteroids, dogfights, and even the atmosphere of Corneria. A-Are you going to be OK?

IPB Image

• 3 weeks later...
Where have all the Wiitards gone?

Nintendo just had their E3 conference a few hours ago.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/e307/nintendos-e3...lery-277338.php

I missed their presentation. But after reading the summary...I'm scared...Scared that I wasted my money. If mario galaxy, metroid prime, and smash bros is the best their going to make for real gamers it will really suck.

If the Wii remains the fastest selling console and at minimum maintains a similar level of market saturation to the PS3 and the 360, developers will begin cranking out games for it in droves. Even at that minimum, developers stand to make far more money from Wii games, which are less expensive to produce, than from PS3 or 360 games. If the Wii exceeds the other two consoles, especially by a substantial amount, developers will be even more inclined to concentrate on the Wii. At that point, aside from being cheaper to develop for, there will also be a higher potential for individual game sales.

From the sound of things, though, there are a lot of games coming, just no one is taking E3 as seriously anymore. I suspect people just didn't bother putting together much for the conference since they expect it will not have as big an impact anymore.

Does anybody know if the PAL disc swap still works? I finally got the one Japanese gamecube game I want (gundam) and a pal disc (Fifa 2003) and now I can't get the swap trick to work. I'm wondering if one of the updates made it so the swap trick won't work.

^yea, a zapper like that was always my dream back in the day...a simple gun with an analog on the back so you could control your dude and shoot at the same time...much more fun that the usual rail shooters.