The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

I've gotta say... so far I'm having nothing frustrations wiht the Wiimote. I can't calibrate it correctly. I have a 50" TV, but I have to hold it at a very specific angle for it to think i'm actually aiming at it, from 7ft away.

Where is the sensor bar?

I've gotta say... so far I'm having nothing frustrations wiht the Wiimote. I can't calibrate it correctly. I have a 50" TV, but I have to hold it at a very specific angle for it to think i'm actually aiming at it, from 7ft away.

Have you tried moving closer than 7 feet? I mean, it should work at that distance, but might as well try moving a bit closer to see if it helps in your case.

I'm playing at 4-7 ft. It's very close. You shouldn't have to stand so close to a 50" TV to make this thing work. I feel like there should have been something to help it understand where the corners of my screen are. The only things I can configure are whether the sensor is above or below my TV. Trying to aim in games like Zelda is HORRIBLE. It is NOTHING like just pointing with your finger. I can point MUCH better with analog sticks.

The WIImote is *totally* a gimick in Zelda, and only detracts from the game play. I'd much rather be playing it with a traditional GameCube controller.

I've had the completely opposite experience. I wish I had some idea of why your Wii remote wasn't working well. I know like four or five other people with a Wii and none of them have had a problem like yours, not even my friend who had his hooked up to his projector.

It's possible that either your sensor bar or remote might be faulty. Do you know anyone else with a Wii remote that might be able to come over and try?

The WIImote is *totally* a gimick in Zelda, and only detracts from the game play. I'd much rather be playing it with a traditional GameCube controller.

Not on my setup! The Wiimote makes Zelda TP a very fun and flawless experience. Man the slinghot is so much fun! Controlling Wold Link in twilight is also a blast with the Wiimote. I think if you can figure out your calibration problem you will change your mind.

I'd try moving the sensor bar. That said, I find that no matter how I set the sensitivity, or place the bar, the farther back I am, the better it tracks. I am using a 50" LCD with the sensor bar on top...sensitivity on 4 and about 12 feet away. When trying closer mine was so jittery, even when the Wiimote is placed on a stationary surface, it made playing impossible. In the 5-8 ft range, no matter where I place the sensor bar or what sensitivity I set it at, it just wouldn't track well. At 15-16 feet, it tracks even better but I don't want to re-arrange my couches that far back.

Tried Trauma Center...interesting diversion. For some reason, it is so blurry on an LCD with the composite cables, it's distracting. Wii Sports and such are not so blurrry with composite. Speaking of which, does anyone have the component cables? I ordered a pair from Nintendo a few days before the launch but they have yet to arrive.

Speaking of which, does anyone have the component cables? I ordered a pair from Nintendo a few days before the launch but they have yet to arrive.

I got mine last Monday. Improves alot if you have HDTV. Hopefully that helps you when they arrive.

My mother said she'll take a look to see if she can find a Wii, seems Gamecrazy is listing in their ads that they will have Wii's available tomorrow.......interesting.

But she makes NO garuntee that she'll even buy it, but she'll keep an eye out and look at it to see what all the hype is...........she doesn't trust me when I try to use my persuasiveness :p she's the only one who caught on.

:o she's gonna check her balance tonight, if I want I pick a store I think will have the most success and go stand there at the store in the wii *cough* hours of the morning till they open and call them to let them know I got one and they'll come by to purchase it. Sadly I can't play with the unit until christmas *grumble* but it'll gimme time to buy games for it as well.

So I gotta pick a store, Gamecrazy, Gamestop or Target, those are the closest stores in my area.

I dropped £20 in Camden Town Game last night and am now one Wii receipt better off. :D

Won't get one on launch day unfortunately, I left it too late umming and ahhing over whether to get one before or after Christmas. I'm assured however that the Wii-stock (they just keep coming) will be fore Chrimbo time.

Well woke up at 4:30 this morning, left just before 5, saw that FRY's had been opened 24 hours so I knew they weren't going to have a Wii, passed Target and they had a line surrounding the building so I said "F that" and I went to gamestop acros the street, 6 ppl in line *forgive my typing if I'm missing a key, I'm freezing after being outside in the rain and cold for 5 hours)

So We all got to know eachother, real nice bunch and we all talked bout wanting this damn thing......well the stores ad says they open at 7, 7:40 rolls by and the guy hasn't shown up and there's 50+ ppl in line.

Finally the guy shows up nearly 8 and the he's got a box of bleepin donuts on him! And someone yells "Do you guys got any Wii's?" His response was a cranky "How should I know I haven't been here for 3 days!"

He then gets his ass chewed out over the phone by a customer who left......and he comes back saying he only had 6 in stock, so the guy right infront of me was the cut off since I was 7.....man was I miffed.

Luckily just before the guy showed up I had my mother drive to the other side of the freeway to see how the Gamecrazy store looked for a line.

Called her up she said there was 0, so I told her to just stand infront of their door cause ppl might rush over there.

Finally got there, they opened just before 9 which I was so thrilled over, and there were only 5 of us in line :D woopie, and right when he opens up the door I asked if they had Wii's, he looked going "Nope, haven't since launch date" 0_o I told 'em "Well you guys got black friday ads saying you have Wii's in stock, and you don't?.......K well you might hear from your DM see ya"

So right now I'm home trying to warm up, and I'm gonna finish my breakfast and look for the ads again and contact info.....I'm gonna

1) Contact Gamestop and tell them that their guy who opened was rude and late by nearly 40 minutes

2) Contact GameCrazy and tell them that they're running an ad where some stores don't even have any instock and should of either A made sure they had 'em stock or B said select stores.

Glad to hear the good news Hikuro. (Oh nevermind didn't take a full look at your post.)

But how do I find my friend code? Do I need to use WiiConnect to get it?

Well I don't have Wi-Fi in my house...yet. So is it a problem?

Edited by Ishimaru

Glad to hear the good news Hikuro. (Oh nevermind didn't take a full look at your post.)

But how do I find my friend code? Do I need to use WiiConnect to get it?

Well I don't have Wi-Fi in my house...yet. So is it a problem?

You can find your system's Wii number in your addressbook. From the main menu, go to the message board (lower right), then choose 'create message' (lower left).

I'll post mine when I get back home.

Talked to my buddy who works in the eastcoast stores, says I diffenetly need to contact CS for Gamestop and really just let them hear it.

I emailed Gamecrazy cause they're corp hq is here in oregon, hope I hear something back.

Talked to a "buddy" of mine at our newest gamestop (one I always forget we have too) and yesterday morning when they opened at 7am they had - yes I was shocked as well - 37 Wiis and 18 PS3s.

Needless to say they went in about as much time as it took the Jamba Juice next door to make a single Orange Dream Machine.

=/

30 seconds?

I'm gonna go wedensday, they're suppose to have more Wii's there then or on Thursday, if that guys there I'm gonna try finding out what his name is so I can call up their CS hotline....the dude really needs to get fired, I can remember other bad experinces with him.

Oh man it's simple if your me who had so many bad experinces with customer service in so many different fields.

It's like what Jack Nicolson once said "There are 2 kinds of people, there's the kind that hides in the frozen food section when a guy pulls a gun at the clerk, and then there's the kind that pulls the gun at the clerk cause the cupon for milk just expired."

I'm turning into the clerk with the gun.