The Nintendo Wii Thread!!

Apollo Leader

Talked to a "buddy" of mine at our newest gamestop (one I always forget we have too) and yesterday morning when they opened at 7am they had - yes I was shocked as well - 37 Wiis and 18 PS3s.

Needless to say they went in about as much time as it took the Jamba Juice next door to make a single Orange Dream Machine.

=/

18 PS3s? That is a lot for a store, even after launch.

On the flip side of the coin, there's also more than enough bad customers.

As someone who works with customers 4 days a week, I can certainly testify to that. I've had my fair share of bad employee experiences at EB/Gamestop, but given what a complete pain in the ass peopel were (and no doubt are) regarding the PS3 and Wii, I have a hard time condemning an employee for being "cranky."

18 PS3s? That is a lot for a store, even after launch.

I can't prove what he was telling me was true however he's never lied to me before. All I know is that when I got in there at 9:30 and he was frowning at me like someone has kicked his dog, I knew something wasn't cool.

He explained it to me and I almost cried.

Missed a Wii for some $4 dvds and an ubAr Tickle Me Elmo. Yay <_<

I can't prove what he was telling me was true however he's never lied to me before. All I know is that when I got in there at 9:30 and he was frowning at me like someone has kicked his dog, I knew something wasn't cool.

He explained it to me and I almost cried.

Missed a Wii for some $4 dvds and an ubAr Tickle Me Elmo. Yay <_<

Its ok man. You didn't know and you should not have blamed yourself for that. Keep checking every week I'm sure they are going to be getting stocks every now and then.

By any chance has anyone played videos on the Wii via SD card? I can't for some reason the quicktime format .mov does not even play, I followed the manual but I'm still wacked off a bit. Anyone help me out and link me a program that would convert the files to be playable on the Wii. I tried like every format I can think of, but it won't play even though its detected.

I just want to play some Macross on the big screen.

Just found this on Youtube. Retarded Guy Smashes WiiMote

I assume the guy is a idiot for throwing it that hard and posting on Youtube to show more of his stupidity.

Hikuro, you're just angry because you didn't get a Wii and you're trying to take it out on the guy. Realize that it's just a stupid video game system and get over it. Is it really worth spending all this time an effort to try and get some guy making minimum wage sacked from his job?

Yes I was bummed out that the guy infront of me was the cut off, but I wasn't pissed off to an extreme that I couldn't get a wii, I don't hold grudges for that stuff.

I hold grudges for people who have a attitude, stupidity and arrogance.

That guy fit the bill in all 3 ways. not too mention I've delt with him a few times in the past, and he was a total Tom Cruise. Everytime you ask him a question bout something he looks at you like your stupid and a hassle.

But you don't come to work nearly an hour late with donuts in your arms and telling customers "I don't know what's going on I've been gone 3 days" and then tell customers they have to stand waiting outside for the next 15-20 minutes while he sets up and also saying "I got some jerk on the line whose chewing me out right now." and also telling some woman "I didn't known I was suppose to be here before 7 lady, back off"

You just take it and apologize cause you did screw up....aren't you guys scheduled each week for your hours?

Cause every guy I know who works at a Gamestop were fully aware they had to come in at 5 AM cause they opened at 7....so what's so special about him that he didn't know?

It's was freakin Black Friday man.....all stores opened early for the holiday shopping......I mean the guys at Gamecrazy showed up almost an hour and a half before they opened, and they even opened 7 minutes early.

So dude, don't you dare say I was angry cause I didn't get a wii cause you know what? I've got from now, till christmas, or even later then that to get a Wii, it's not gonna kill me to wait and to keep checking stores, cause when I get it I get it, if I don't, I don't. I just want it to play games, I've got other games I can play to tie me down till I get it.

The ONLY thing that pissed me off was a late, rude employee who glared at all the customers standing in line wanting to know why he was late, and a bogus ad from another store saying they were going to have Wii's in stock, and the store employees saying they hadn't recieved any since the launch day with another customer saying they've had some the entire week.

Bogus ads, and snotty employees piss me off......not having a console I can be bummed, but not vengeful.

I'd be vengful to a person who was going to buy a console and just going to sell it. But not the man who sold him that unit.

So dude, don't you dare say I was angry cause I didn't get a wii cause you know what? I've got from now, till christmas, or even later then that to get a Wii, it's not gonna kill me to wait and to keep checking stores, cause when I get it I get it, if I don't, I don't. I just want it to play games, I've got other games I can play to tie me down till I get it.

Well, obviously you were angry (or at least disapointed) because you made multiple posts about your "progress" in tracking down a Wii. Obviously you have a bit invested in the venture.

My point is that launches suck as much for the employees as for the customers. As much as you guys were cranky for having to sit out in the cold one morning (of your own free Wiill no less), the employee was no doubt cranky because for the last month he's had tons of people ask him about the Wii and PS3.

It's not worth your time to go on a witch hunt after this guy, especially since he didn't cause you any real harm, and he certainly wasn't the reason you didn't get a Wii. Your time is better spent elsewhere, be that having your Mom drive you around looking for a Wii or something else, I don't know.

As someone who works with customers 4 days a week, I can certainly testify to that. I've had my fair share of bad employee experiences at EB/Gamestop, but given what a complete pain in the ass peopel were (and no doubt are) regarding the PS3 and Wii, I have a hard time condemning an employee for being "cranky."

LOL! People who can't handle their jobs shouldn't be doing them. As a person I can't condemn the employee for being that way, however since I'm the customer he is required to live up to the standard given to him by the company(ie he's a robot nothing more) and he better not be that way when dealing with anyone or his arse is grass!

Hikuro, ignore yellowlightman because he's just attempting to continue the trend of bad customer service by trying to distract/molify you, with petty digs, from attempting to remove someone who should not be in that job anyways.

Two of my friends somehow each managed to get a Wii here in Fargo. As you can imagine, the shipment here wasn't exactly huge.

I've seen Zelda, Wii Sports, the DBZ fighting game, and Trauma Center.

Zelda isn't anything special, imho. Hopefully the next game that is designed solely for the Wii will be better.

Wii Sports is awesome. Even making a Mii was fun. My dude is an alien (or as close as I could get to one). It's really cool how the Mii's from other systems can walk onto yours. Nice touch.

Trauma Center is interesting. Kind of monotonous, though.

Now for the DBZ game. First off, I know next to nothing about DBZ, nor do I particularly enjoy the cartoon. However, I thought that this was the best game there. It looks excellent, and the controller really shines with some of the moves that you can pull off. Pure awesome.

Looks like I will be getting a Wii at some point. Probably next year sometime, or whenever Lucasarts decides to release the mother of all lightsaber games for this baby.

I went to the gamestop store, I got the guys name, right now I'm contemplating if I should even bother or not anymore since it's been a few days.....but I did get a 250 dollar gift card, so when I do come across one of those stores with a Wii, it will be bought on the spot.

ah some gamers are such weenies :lol:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6162355.html

WSJ: First cases of "Wii Elbow" reported

Aerobic activity with motion-sensing controller causing aches, pains; Nintendo urges exercise to counteract.

By Tim Surette, GameSpot

Posted Nov 27, 2006 12:29 pm PT

Nintendo is seeking to lead the charge against the notion that all gamers are unfit couch potatoes. Nationwide sellouts of the Wii indicate that gamers are supporting that notion, and many have been very vocal about the system's motion-sensitive controller as being a revolution in gaming. The problem is it appears that after a week in release, many of those gamers are running out of breath.

The Wall Street Journal says that "Wii Elbow" and other Wii-related physical issues may be the first widespread gaming-related injuries since "Nintendo Thumb," the condition that ran rampant following the introduction of the NES in the '80s and SNES in the '90s.

The newspaper spoke with several new Wii owners who are experiencing aches and pains from repeated use of the console. A 12-year old from Kentucky reported numbness in her right arm after mimicking the motions of bowling and boxing in Wii Sports, a computer programmer in Minnesota, who admits to being "not very active," complained of sore shoulders, and a man in Indiana says he was "soaking wet with sweat, head to toe" after Wii Boxing.

Nintendo vice president of marketing Perrin Kaplan put it plainly. "[The Wii] was not meant to be a Jenny Craig supplement," she told the WSJ. "If people are finding themselves sore, they may need to exercise more."

My two-cents on Trauma Center:

I've only played the DS version, but reports are that the WII version has exactly the same problem: Great surgury system, but little else.

What makes Trauma Center dull to me is that the game is ONLY surgury. You do not get skill points or earn dollars. You do not get promotions & demotions. You do not get "lives". You do surgury, and you if you succeed, you get a score. If you fail, the patient dies and you lose the game. That's it.

No saving up points to buy better equipment, or passing off surguries you find boring to other doctors. Nothing. You don't go home after work. You don't have a locker room to store your tools in.

There are many *annoying* text-based monologs you will receive from your nurse or attending physician. When you lose (and reload your game) you have to sit through the exact same dialog again. There is no skip option, though you can speed up the dialog.

The failure of Trauma Center is that it lacks the simple things that the game industry has learned over the last 20 years about RPGs; it isn't all about hack and slash (or slice & suture); its about assuming the role and living the life of the surgeon. Trauma Center doesn't give you any of that. It's *just* a surgury simulator, with annoying, repetative, stupid cut scenes.

Edited by armentage

My two-cents on Trauma Center:

I've only played the DS version, but reports are that the WII version has exactly the same problem: Great surgury system, but little else.

What makes Trauma Center dull to me is that the game is ONLY surgury. You do not get skill points or earn dollars. You do not get promotions & demotions. You do not get "lives". You do surgury, and you if you succeed, you get a score. If you fail, the patient dies and you lose the game. That's it.

No saving up points to buy better equipment, or passing off surguries you find boring to other doctors. Nothing. You don't go home after work. You don't have a locker room to store your tools in.

There are many *annoying* text-based monologs you will receive from your nurse or attending physician. When you lose (and reload your game) you have to sit through the exact same dialog again. There is no skip option, though you can speed up the dialog.

The failure of Trauma Center is that it lacks the simple things that the game industry has learned over the last 20 years about RPGs; it isn't all about hack and slash (or slice & suture); its about assuming the role and living the life of the surgeon. Trauma Center doesn't give you any of that. It's *just* a surgury simulator, with annoying, repetative, stupid cut scenes.

I'll agree with that one...I rented it from Gamefly and it's a lil...meh on the big screen. Better suited for the handheld DS.

Dr. STILES!! :lol:

Good news if you haven't picked up your Wii yet, Gamestop said they'll recieve a shipment next week, I haven't been able to learn what day, but with any luck I'll....well....will get lucky. If not then I'll just wait again.

Don't be shy folks. Let's keep those Mii Codes coming. I haven't added anyone since MMX but I'm going to later today.

MW User Name - Mii Nickname - Wii Console Code

UN Spacy - Mar - 6436 4644 4430 5348

MilkManX - MilkManX - 3896 5966 4421 6752

Gaijin - Gai - 2891 6403 3207 0755

Ishimaru - Larry - 4699 2417 4304 4489

JELEINEN - JELEINEN - 1321 5374 2555 9361

Edited by UN Spacy

*throws hand out* LET'S START THE OPERATION!

I love that part of the game. Its so funny but so cool, I wonder how his patients react when he sees him doing it in front of them. :ph34r:

Anyways I beat Dr. Stiles' timeline, not the girl. I rented it, so it is a short game.

By any chance can someone explain to me why there was like no ending to the game? :huh:

I love that part of the game. Its so funny but so cool, I wonder how his patients react when he sees him doing it in front of them. :ph34r:

Anyways I beat Dr. Stiles' timeline, not the girl. I rented it, so it is a short game.

By any chance can someone explain to me why there was like no ending to the game? :huh:

I explained this in my post... it's not a real game, it's just a surgury simulator with annoying cutscenes between levels.

Heard some GS stores were to get a very small amount of Wiis, I checked 5 stores, nothing, however I got a call from FRY's this afternoon saying they had acquired a Wii for me if Iwanted it and to come pick it up, I said "SURE!" then they said "The bill will be 548 dollars since it's a bundle" "Wait......I don't have 500 dollars, I just wanted the console...." "Sorry we only do Bundles" "........Forget it, not buying it sorry."

: / bundles tend to be stupid...if I wanted a bundle I would of gotten the Wii 2 weeks ago.

I think you're right. Last year during the '360 release nonsense, many Best Buy managers and personnel were reprimanded for forcing people to buy bundles...

I know some people will buy it regardless of the price, as long as they have it. But really, a normal person wouldn't pay an outrageous amount of money like that.....I think they offered the NFL game, Red Steal and Rayman, which honestly are not big on my list of wanting to play, and you can't return the games cause they're part of "one product" and if I trade them I get half their worth so it wouldn't be any use for me.

Not too mention if I wanted to spendn over 500 bucks for a Wii, I would of done that long time ago on Ebay or something.........it's just wrong : /

My folks and I were talking about that lastnight cause a coworker of my dad wants to get a Wii for his kids. Course Jeff isn't going to spend that much on a Wii himself either.

Then as my dad is walking from the kitchen he sees Zelda and he just went "ZOMIGODWTF (not exact words, they were to colorful) Zelda?! They're still making that game?!"

Is this actually the first a Japanese company's game system was released in North America before its Japanese release?

It was pretty neat seeing the pictures of that line outside of that Sakuraya. I've been to that particular store on several of my trips to Tokyo and have never seen it that crowded!

sooo has anyone added me yet? i added everyone but i know it needs to be mutual or you can have mii's mingle. Mine is still empty

neko 3428 2033 1498 2833

I'm adding ALL of you today.