Officially Schwarzenegger

Agent ONE

He may very well be remembered for all of those things. Although I'm not sure he's done anything to qualify as a hero that doesn't mean he won't be percieved as one.

I think you need to follow his life story to see him as a hero, you also need to see Pumping Iron.

I mean think about it, he came to the US with 20 bucks in his gym bag, and he ended up being the highest paid entertainer, and the leader of the fifth largest economy in the world.

He made something out of nothing and allong the way he inspired hundreds of thousands of people... I personally would take a bullet for him.

He may very well be remembered for all of those things. Although I'm not sure he's done anything to qualify as a hero that doesn't mean he won't be percieved as one.

I think you need to follow his life story to see him as a hero, you also need to see Pumping Iron.

I mean think about it, he came to the US with 20 bucks in his gym bag, and he ended up being the highest paid entertainer, and the leader of the fifth largest economy in the world.

He made something out of nothing and allong the way he inspired hundreds of thousands of people... I personally would take a bullet for him.

I've seen Pumping Iron. I hope he was acting because he came across as really arrogant. Arnold has had an impressive life life but he doesn't meet my criteria for a hero.

Maybe if he took a bullet for you I'd change my mind. ;)

I agree. The term hero is thrown around too much these days. I don't know Arnold's life story in detail, but I don't think he has layed his life on the line to help others. That is what define's a hero to me. A firefighter that runs into a burning building to save someone is a hero, not someone that comes out of a difficult situation. I would say Arnold's achievements are very respectable and he can be considered a role model.

Wow. First time posting in the Arnold thread.

In 100 years, I don't think he will be remembered at all, given that all the present people who know and love him as an actor/body builder will likely be dead. If Arnold continues on and becomes successful as a politician in the LONG TERM, (like Ronald Reagan), then he may make a mark in history as an ex-actor/body builder becoming a politician.

I think the question is more geared towards the next 20-50 years. In that time frame, I agree with most other people that he will be best remembered as a successful action movie star.

Edited by PC Valkyrie

• 3 weeks later...

The link you gave didn't talk about what I'm going to mention, but if it's a bad link or it's a joke I don't get at this hour, I apologize.

I did just get bad from seeing Walking Tall, and they had a preview for a new Disney rendition of "Around the World in 80 Days" with Jackie Chan as the main dude's sidekick. It doesn't seem to be that bad, and it showed that the Governator has a small, but "interesting" role in it.

From the story linked above...
So Schwarzenegger grabbed a boogie board.

That's just not something you ever expect to hear.

[ARNOLD]Leetle Boy! Give Me Yoarh Boogee-boarhd.[/ARNOLD]

That sounds a little more Ranier Wolfcastle than Arnold.

• 1 month later...

Why Arnold Matters

A new book about Arnold. I am going to order it from Amazon!

0465037526.01._PE30_PI_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

A review, not by me:

Debunking the Arnold phenomenon, March 31, 2004

Reviewer: A reader from NY USA

Blitz and Krasniewicz explore the who, what, and why of "Arnold," showing how his meteoric rise in politics was neither accidental nor unexpected. They make the case that his significannce to the culture goes far beyond what one might expect from a typical movie star or even a politician. If you want to understand where American politics is - and worse, where it's heading - this book is a must read.

• 4 weeks later...
For those who missed Conan O'Brien, catch the rerun on Comedy Central. Check out the NY vs LA segment. It's about 15 minutes into the show.

I hope someone makes an MOV and puts it online. I am never home... always at the office.

But in other news, I got my RAW DEAL DVD! :)

But in other news, I got my RAW DEAL DVD!  :)

Meh. Commando is where it's at.

I always wondered why the bad guy dressed up like Freddie Mercury on that last fight...

What happened to Sully?

I let him go...

best one liner ever! :lol:

But in other news, I got my RAW DEAL DVD!  :)

Meh. Commando is where it's at.

I always wondered why the bad guy dressed up like Freddie Mercury on that last fight...

What happened to Sully?

I let him go...

best one liner ever! :lol:

That made me laughed so loud EXO!!! :lol::lol::lol:

ahem....

Cooke: You scared mother&*^%er? Well you should be because this green beret is going to kick your ass.

Matrix: I eat green berets for breakfast. And right now I'm very hungry

Cindy: I can't believe this macho bullshit!!

:lol:

Edited by Isamu Atreides 86