Image of the Punisher

He still sucks.

Lookit those spaghetti arms!!

Yep... Looks like a sissy to me.

He is a wimpy little girly-man.

They're all sissies, especially when compared to:

as3.jpg

Yep.

The original Punisher (along with his current incarnation) was not muscle bound. My problem is not with his look, its with his age. The Punisher is in his 50's, I always thought DeNiro would be the right choice.

I know, I was just working in a shameless Arnold plug. :D

Frank Castle was a big dude though, but he was not HUGE as most Superheroes are. I mean, he wore the whole skin tight uniform and all that as well.

I'm not sure if DeNiro would be the right choice, it would be nice to get someone to play the role who's at least within a vertical hop of 6 feet, so that rules out Bobby De Niro, and Al Pacino right there.

Maybe Clint Eastwood had the movie been made 20 years ago, he's always been respectably big without being massive.

Hell, ANYBODY is better than that waste of DNA - Dolf Lundgren though.

Maybe Green Lantern, played by Ben Affleck?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

:p Seriously, I'll take the wait and see approach with this one (Punisher).

IMHO there are way too many superhero/Comic Book movies coming out these days. Odds are at least (1) or (2) are bound to be decent. The rest will probably be...less than stellar. <_<

-b.

Hows about A new superman movie with Arnold?

Sorry, I think he's gonna be busy for the next four years after tomorrow ;)

Actually, its only 3... he takes over the Davis term. However no doubt will be ellected for another term.

I'll wait until the movie comes out to make my final decision. But, looking at the pictures he could use a little more bulk.

Arnold........ah.........vote for me if you want to live. He gets my vote tomorrow! B)

The only thing they ever get right in punisher movies is the goddamn shirt. I mean in the first one he's riding a motorcycle through the sewers, in this one the setting is Miami! And travolta is in it, a certified butthead who can't act. I don't like the actor who's playing frank either.

If they wanted to set the film somewhere else they should have set it in Chicago, thats a serious urban enivronment. If they wanted a good star for the villian they should have gotten Gary oldman or somebody I can respect that can really be evil. The Punisher has always been a 6 foot plus slab of unshaven beef that would scare the crap out of you if you met him, the man in that pic is a little chicken, a scared little bird that lives in the park eating crackers from old men.

Gulf war vet, dude thats not a real war, we ran over a thrid world army. Vietnam is a blood and guts sacrifice war that could give a man like Frank the skills he needs to combat crime. Who gives a crap about his age or that its not contemporary its not like people don't know their basic history. Vietnam vet gives the character a weight, a history that the Gulf war can't. Damn you hollywood!

Garth Ennis wrote the best Punisher. B)

It'd be nice if the movie has some of the flavor of that 12 issue (IIRC) run that he wrote a couple yrs back.

-b.

hes gonna be doing a new series on the Marvel MAX line. the Born Miniseries was pretty crazy, and we see a bit more of frank in Vietnam and how far he pushed before even become the Punisher.

They're basing a lot of the movie off Ennis' 12 issue maxi-series. So hopefully we'll see him feed some baddies to a couple of Polar Bears! :D

I have to say, as a punisher fan since I was 13 (I began reading the Punisher at #6) I don't mind that they have 'modernised' him. He would just be too old. It's OK for us comic fans who have a long history and knowledge of the punisher, but to translate him to film and have his begininning you'd have to either update him to a recent conflict or set the film in the late '70's.. hmm, that's not such a bad idea! ;)

And I like the choice of Jane as the punisher - I'm interested to see more of the psyche of a broken man at work than just a beefcake hell bent on revenge. That's why the first punisher movie didn't work. There wasn't enough empathy with the character. (plus dolph can't act his way out of a paper bag)

I definately don't see Punisher being as subtle as using a bow and arrow.

Lot's of guns, some explosives, and maybe a knife.

Garth Ennis wrote the best Punisher. B)

It'd be nice if the movie has some of the flavor of that 12 issue (IIRC) run that he wrote a couple yrs back.

-b.

Word to that.

Actually, from what I've read about the script is that it takes most of it's inspiration (and even a few characters) from the Ennis run. That's good news.

Other than that, we'll see how good or bad it is when it gets here. All I know is that I won't guesstimate on how much it'll rock/suck based upon the size of the guy's arms.

[sarcasm] Because we all know that muscle-bound actors usually are soooo very good at acting! [/sarcasm]