All To Take Note. Not A Selling Thread

ComicsPortal

Dear all, been a long time since here, tie up with our new place. Anyway, from my friends in Hongkong, a few batches of 1/48 valk had been dispatched out from the Chinese back door. You wouldnt be able to tell the difference until you open the toy and start inspecting, the exterior looks alright and in fact the main frame of the valk seem pretty cool too, it is only until you when you went into details that you realise that a small part is missing, i do not know how to describe and currently i do not have access to my company's digicam.

The big west stickers is on the box too.

These are stocks there were factory rejects but the chinese find it too much of a lost to throw into the fire.

There is a few way to identify these:

1. Extremely competitve prices (Please note that most of us retailers got 25% - 35% off yen price; exclude shipping)

2. missing parts

3. Available from the East Asia

4. The original carton boxes is blank, normally, Yamato will be printed on it.

Yup, there's all and all the best ahead for you guys collection!~

Weiye

Singapore

www.urban-attic.com

Oh crap....thanks for the head up Weiye! I never would have thought this would happen to the 1/48!

Just one question, this might be hard for you to answer too, what batches of valks are affected?

Edited by kensei

Great... so the moral of this story is "If you see a good deal on a 1/48 valk... don't buy it."  That's nice.  We're definitely going to need to get a lot more info on this.

407744[/snapback]

buyer beware........

Please provide more info as it becomes available. thanks

Dear all, been a long time since here, tie up with our new place. Anyway, from my friends in Hongkong, a few batches of 1/48 valk had been dispatched out from the Chinese back door. You wouldnt be able to tell the difference until you open the toy and start inspecting, the exterior looks alright and in fact the main frame of the valk seem pretty cool too, it is only until you when you went into details that you realise that a small part is missing, i do not know how to describe and currently i do not have access to my company's digicam.

The big west stickers is on the box too.

These are stocks there were factory rejects but the chinese find it too much of a lost to throw into the fire.

There is a few way to identify these:

1. Extremely competitve prices (Please note that most of us retailers got 25% - 35% off yen price; exclude shipping)

2. missing parts

3. Available from the East Asia

4. The original carton boxes is blank, normally, Yamato will be printed on it.

Yup, there's all and all the best ahead for you guys collection!~

Weiye

Singapore

www.urban-attic.com

407695[/snapback]

We need specifics :( . Pics would help too. BTW, thanks for the heads up.

Dang, I hope it's not the stealth's he's talking about. Because the only boxes that come all white and blank are the super/strike stealth. That's just my guess, but I hope I'm wrong because I'm getting one and I wouldn't want my set to have a lot of the stuff missing. :(

Dang, I hope it's not the stealth's he's talking about. Because the only boxes that come all white and blank are the super/strike stealth. That's just my guess, but I hope I'm wrong because I'm getting one and I wouldn't want my set to have a lot of the stuff missing.  :(

407961[/snapback]

i wouldn't worry too much man(yours was shipped out way back when), i got my super stealth recently and everything was a-okay....though it couldn't hurt to keep your fingers crossed. :)

paranoid statement:

perhaps CP knows that theres nothing wrong with these bootlegs at all, and he trying to keep MW'ers from bidding so he can get them for himself! :ph34r::lol::rolleyes:

I would remain skeptical till I see evidence of this.  Not that CP is truthful but I rather see pics. I am glad for the alert but we need to know what would be a factory reject.

407990[/snapback]

Any more news on this ComicsPortal?

:huh:

Dang, I hope it's not the stealth's he's talking about. Because the only boxes that come all white and blank are the super/strike stealth. That's just my guess, but I hope I'm wrong because I'm getting one and I wouldn't want my set to have a lot of the stuff missing.  :(

407961[/snapback]

I think the means the shipping cartons are blank, not the actual individual toy boxes.

Yamato shipping cartons usually hold 4 x 1/48 IIRC and are brown card, with the writing (Yamato name, PO number etc) printed in blue).

Graham

Graham

I have been thinking about this for a while.

Factories always produce more than demand so that they will have replacements for the defective products. My question is what will they do with the excess product? They can be used as spare parts or being sold to 3rd parties but there is no way they will be scapped.

Perhaps that's how some stores in Japan are selling damaged 1/48 Yamato Valks for only $15 (quoted from a member that just returned from Japan). ;)