New Robotech Shadow Chronicles Vid

I thought SC was supposed to kick off a new robotech series?

You totally didn't read the small print!

Possible continuations may include, but are not limited to, Television, Movies, Comics, Toys, or fan fictions available for reading at Robotech.com. All official comments released by Harmony Gold and its subsidiaries should always be considered pure speculation and may or may not have any reference to actual fact. All promises made by Harmony Gold or its Licensees assume absolute best case scenarios that are absolutely unobtainable in the real world and should be categorically dismissed as fiction. Harmony Gold is not liable for any bodily harm that may come from the use, either proper or improper, of any of its products (including suicide or retardation).

Edited by jenius

You totally didn't read the small print!

Possible continuations may include, but are not limited to, Television, Movies, Comics, Toys, or fan fictions available for reading at Robotech.com. All official comments released by Harmony Gold and its subsidiaries should always be considered pure speculation and may or may not have any reference to actual fact. All promises made by Harmony Gold or its Licensees assume absolute best case scenarios that are absolutely unobtainable in the real world and should be categorically dismissed as fiction. Harmony Gold is not liable for any bodily harm that may come from the use, either proper or improper, of any of its products (including suicide or retardation).

:o:blink::lol:^_^

Finally saw it last night. Honestly, I've seen alot worse.

Most of the CG was really stiff and flat looking. It looked of playstation 1 or N64 quality.

I liked most of character designs. The Haydonites though... I had a hard time being convinced they were any kind of formidable enemy.

The extras on the DVD are eye roll worthy :rolleyes:

Edited by dejr8bud

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen it. I guess i didn't fell asleep watching it so it ain't THAT bad. Then again my expectations were as low as hell already.

Is it me or is the voice acting sound like a updated version of "Speed (speaking) Racer?" :lol: They were trying to sync to the lips too much and some lines really sound rushed. Oh and don't get me started on the lines.....were they bad or is it just me? Sheesh. And the explosions looked horrid. All that CG and they decide use a blob of red orangey paint for explosions. I don't even wanna talk about the CG battles.

All the women in Robotech have D-E size cups, including the android! w00ts to the new generation :lol:

Maya Sterling? So is she grandaughter of max jenius...i mean sterling and millia? XD

Basara should appear in this movie. Seriously. That would rock.

GArh. I was hoping this thread won't come back up.

I spent a few days bittorrenting it. Wish I didn't. It's... not terrible, but not good either. I mean, some shows make an effort to be so terrible that you remember them for it, but ShadC isn't one of those. It also didn't make enough effort to be good enough to be memorable either. And I'm saying this as a moderate -- I'm not a RT basher, nor a full-blown Macross diehard.

Lots of loose ends/ untidiness. Vince Grant looking like a slab of meat with occassional mouth motion. After a few minutes, I wanted to punch him just to see if his face could actually deform. Jean Grant looking like a teeny-booper in the army. The irritating Louie Nichols. The whole gang felt like a bunch of teenagers dressed in mecha playing army. The only one halfway decent is Scott Bernard, but I guess they didn't had much creative license there, did they?

There are also inconsistencies in the story; for example, Skull took off with 10 planes, lost one pilot (the ever irritating Sidekick) and barely an hour later they took off with exactly 10 Super Alphas.. sigh, people DO keep track of these things, and by missing out on these you make it painfully obvious where you cut corners. And how exactly did the Incarus managed to repair its fold drive after the black hole encounter so quickly? Louie might be a genius but God he ain't.

Mecha sequences that had a tight perfect straight line deployment of mecha in space when they should be deployed in (at least) a loose semi-sphere for coverage. (Not to mention they cut corners and just C&P all the formations across the board, so you get a whole fleet all flying in perfect tight formation with EXACTLY 10 Alphas at precisely the same distance in front of them...)

Mecha combat is senseless; instead of the famous massed missile fire that Macross is known for, we get little spurts of missile fire, and the invids could only shoot in straight lines.. and ever noticed that the volume of fire expected from an Invid Clamship full of Armoured Scouts is surprisingly low? You expect the space to be filled with random bursts of energy going all over the place, but no, it's always a few streams going off in a straight line. Even when you get a closeup of the Invid Scout giving the coup de grace to the Wolf CO, it looked like a bloody touchlight flashing. BAARGH!

Big boobs all over the place (but you start to ignore them after a while.. meaning, the characters with the boobs aren't very engaging to begin with). Mecha that are inconsistent with published art (Since when did an Alpha deploy its legs in Guardian mode when linked with a Beta?). Then the whole plot full of plotholes.. ah well, you guys can spot them better than I can.

Voice acting was more of Voice Reading. No emotional ties to the characters being portrayed. The only character halfway decent is Maia Sterling, but even then, gargh, she's passable, nothing great. It came off as an attempt to showcase some company's CG stuff, with a plot tacked on as an afterthought. Even then, it felt like the budget was either too small, or has been siphoned off into someone's account. Not terrible, but very low value IMO.

Nope not grand daughter, just daughter... She's Dana's younger sister and they are apparantly not on speaking terms from what we see in the comics.

Heh That something RT and macross still have in common a non speaking Striling/Genus family

Basara folds into the ROBOTECH universe & yells "Listen to my song!" He proceeds to sing Planet Dance & then gets blown up in the crossfire of the REF and Haydonite exchange. Lesson learned.. To quote Lynn Minmei(dubbed DYRL aka Space Fortress Macross) "You can't win a war by singing a song! Its stupid!" LOL!!!

OH I dissagree, the presence of someone who could actually sing on the battlefield would most definately send anyone from the robotech universe into an instantly stunned state, causing them to immediately surrender and pronunce Basara king!

OH I dissagree, the presence of someone who could actually sing on the battlefield would most definately send anyone from the robotech universe into an instantly stunned state, causing them to immediately surrender and pronunce Basara king!

Thats if they didnt just crash into each other first.

Is it me or is the voice acting sound like a updated version of "Speed (speaking) Racer?" :lol: They were trying to sync to the lips too much and some lines really sound rushed. Oh and don't get me started on the lines.....were they bad or is it just me? Sheesh. And the explosions looked horrid.

All the women in Robotech have D-E size cups, including the android! w00ts to the new generation :lol:

Yep, it's pretty funny that an American movie can have dubbing as bad as poorly done dubbing in anime. Worst example is when marcus invites scott to have a drink; they look sad, but their lines are normal and casual. Didn't they even have any idea what the final script would be before the koreans started to animate it. (anyone ever thought scott sounded kinda like Adam West)

As for the fanservice...well, it's a way to get new teenaged fans, i guess. <_<

Yep, it's pretty funny that an American movie can have dubbing as bad as poorly done dubbing in anime. Worst example is when marcus invites scott to have a drink; they look sad, but their lines are normal and casual. Didn't they even have any idea what the final script would be before the koreans started to animate it. (anyone ever thought scott sounded kinda like Adam West)

I think Tommy was saying over Talkshoe that a lot of Marcus' lines got changed last minute.

Anyway... they still might have been thinking about Marlane at that point I guess.

As for the fanservice...well, it's a way to get new teenaged fans, i guess. <_<

Yes, I totally thought he sounded like Adam West, think I mentioned it a few pages back too.

That'd most likely happen anyway due to all the "Protoculture fumes."

1. "Hey man is that like the bad guys"

2. "Yeah dude. Can you ask if they have any spare blunts"

1. "Hey bad guys stop shooting at me it hurts" "Do you have any spare"

2. "This protoculture is some really good sh1t man"

All "heh heh heh heh !!"

3. "Yeah man Ive fallen over I can get up"

1. "Hold on dude I`ll help you"

KABOOOM!!!!

2 "Dude I think you crashed"

4. "LISTEN TO MY SONG" "BOMMBA"

Edited by big F

• 6 months later...

I just saw the shadow chronicles for the first time a few nights ago and WOW was I supremely disappointed!? What a sad sad sad phenomena. Some of the animation was decent but the story was pretty lame and the acting was horrendous. I was so sad to see that Mark Hamil "acted" in it. Poor guy. The script was just trash. I did have fun mocking it and giving my peanut gallery mystery science theater commentary over it. Something I will never watch again.

IMO.

That's not true. He was awesome as the joker in batman the animated series.

Let's cut Mark Hammill some slack... after all, he is Luke Skywalker. IMHO, I think it all depends on how serious Mark takes the role and how much producers pay him. Given HG's history, I would not be surprised if they twisted his arm to make a blimp appearance so that HG can advertise that they've got Mark Hammill. As in live action, even in animation, the voice actor has to put his heart to the role and characters, which I just didn't sense in watching Shadow Chronicles. In fact, if HG didn't tell me that it was Mark Hammill, I wouldn't have known, period.