New Pics Of Low Vis Version 2

wolfx

Which won't be going on either of my LV2's either.... :rolleyes:

406075[/snapback]

then u must buy a custom decal set for she,

I hate yamato , just provide a normail sticker sheet for this lowviz, even the stealth VF-1J, but this lowviz is better then the stealth, haven't print the SKULL mark on it~

just wondering if this release came with TV hands?

sorry if its been answered, 8 pages is a lot to look through.

ADDED:

according to the review section on the homepage, its says it comes with them but i found a pic of the inner box but there doesn't seem to be a spot for them

Edited by haterist

just wondering if this release came with TV hands? 

sorry if its been answered, 8 pages is a lot to look through.

ADDED:

according to the review section on the homepage, its says it comes with them but i found a pic of the inner box but there doesn't seem to be a spot for them

406152[/snapback]

Yeah, I just noticed that too..

post-78-1149705907_thumb.jpg

how does that answer the question? 

if someone could answer the question, i'd appreciate it.    :rolleyes:

406157[/snapback]

the answer is no, and the sticker sheet also is dyrl version,so this is a dyrl repaint version,

no like the CF-1A and stealth VF-1J, both are TV version VALKS :)

how does that answer the question? 

if someone could answer the question, i'd appreciate it.    :rolleyes:

406157[/snapback]

the answer is no, and the sticker sheet also is dyrl version,so this is a dyrl repaint version,

no like the CF-1A and stealth VF-1J, both are TV version VALKS :)

406161[/snapback]

The only minor flaw in that logic, and trust me your reply makes perfect sense, is that the VF-1A CF comes with DYRL? forearms. Yamato's reasoning often baffles me. :rolleyes:

The only minor flaw in that logic, and trust me your reply makes perfect sense, is that the VF-1A CF comes with DYRL? forearms.  Yamato's reasoning often baffles me. :rolleyes:

406165[/snapback]

Many people think the forearms is a point that to divid the "TV" and the "DYRL" ,but the answer is no. I can tell u the black strip on the forearm is just especially design for the VF-1J, all the VF-1A ,VF-1S and VF-1D are no this strip on the TV mecha design, u can open book to check it out :)

otherwise, u can see the CF-1A come with a TV pilot, TV palm and TV VERSION sticker sheet,

that's no any flaw in the logic.

**but note that, I don't mean the new speical version valk is a dyrl / tv version valks, I just mean where is the "basic package" come from .**

Many people think the forearms is a point that to divid the "TV" and the "DYRL" ,but the answer is no. I can tell u the black strip on the forearm is just especially design for the VF-1J, all the VF-1A ,VF-1S and VF-1D are no this strip on the TV mecha design, u can open book to check it out :) 

otherwise, u can see the CF-1A come with a TV pilot, TV palm and TV VERSION sticker sheet,

that's no any flaw in the logic.

**but note that, I don't mean the new speical version valk is a dyrl / tv version valks, I just mean where is the  "basic package" come from .**

406175[/snapback]

The discrepancy between the TV and DYRL? forearms is greater than just the black stripe, which is just paint application; but there are some surface details that are version dependent. The elbow extension on the TV version, for example, is open in a " [ " shape whereas the DYRL? version is closed. The forearms are but one of a number of differences between Yamato's TV and DYRL? offerings.

The flaw in logic is Yamato's in not maintaining consistency in their VF-1 releases, vis-à-vis DYRL and TV specific components. They choose to make the pilot, fat hand inclusion, sticker sheet, and packaging the defining factors while ignoring the airframe. This would make more sence if they had never made TV specific forearms, but they did for the 1Js, so not using those in other TV VFs is a bit odd.

As for the LV and Stealth Valkyries, any discussion of where they belong in the great scheme of things is somewhat moot since they are non-canon.

Edited by mechaninac

The discrepancy between the TV and DYRL? forearms is greater than just the black stripe, which is just paint application; but there are some surface details that are version dependent.  The elbow extension on the TV version, for example, is open in a " [ " shape whereas the DYRL? version is closed.  The forearms are but one of a number of differences between Yamato's TV and DYRL? offerings.

The flaw in logic is Yamato's in not maintaining consistency in their VF-1 releases, vis-à-vis  DYRL and TV specific components.  They choose to make the pilot, fat hand inclusion, sticker sheet, and packaging the defining factors while ignoring the airframe.  This would make more sence if they had never made TV specific forearms, but they did for the 1Js, so not using those in other TV VFs is a bit odd.

As for the LV and Stealth Valkyries, any discussion of where they belong in the great scheme of things is somewhat moot since they are non-canon.

406183[/snapback]

... seems you misunderstood the concept between TV & DYRL , first, you talk about the elbow extension open in a"[" shape and the new surface details in VF-1J forearms, did anyone told you that is a truly TV specific forearms ?

If you open book or dvd, you still can see the"[' shape also happen in the dyrl valks, what this mean? I think you rather said yamato make the new forearms is just especially for the VF-1J, better than the 1J is a TV version valks.

and one more, did you own a hasagawa 1/72 battroid model? IF what you said is truly a different between TV and Dyrl, why we can found the strip panel line engrave on and the "[" shape in the dyrl valks forearms? Yamato haven't scuplt the strip panel line on the dyrl valk is more like they abandon the detail on it, have it or not it dosen't metter. And about the missing of the "[" shape, is radically a wrong scpult.

So, when we intent to discriminate between TV & dyrl VALKS, the different between the forearms is not a reference point, it just a question about the DETAIL level,I prefer to said yamato make a wrong explanation on all the 1/48 VF-1 forearms , except the 1J . :)

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

finlish touch up of my LOWVIZ VER.2  :)

IMG_4517.jpg

405760[/snapback]

Wow! That looks great. It reminds me for the F-4 Phantoms with the south east asia paint schemes of the early 70's.

406193[/snapback]

wow...really looks nice in fighter mode. If I have my hands on this one, tones photos will be taken... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

... seems you misunderstood the concept between TV & DYRL , first, you talk about the elbow extension open in a"[" shape and the new surface details in VF-1J forearms, did anyone told you that is a truly TV specific forearms ?

If you open book or dvd, you still can see the"[' shape also happen in the dyrl valks, what this mean? I think you rather said yamato make the new forearms is just especially for the VF-1J, better than the 1J is a TV version valks.

and one more, did you own a hasagawa 1/72 battroid model? IF what you said is truly a different between TV and Dyrl, why we can found the strip panel line engrave on and the "[" shape in the dyrl valks forearms? Yamato haven't scuplt the strip panel line on the dyrl valk is more like they abandon the detail on it, have it or not it dosen't metter. And about the missing of the "[" shape, is radically a wrong scpult.

So, when we intent to discriminate between TV & dyrl VALKS, the different between the forearms is not a reference point, it just a question about the DETAIL level,I prefer to said yamato make a wrong explanation on all the 1/48 VF-1 forearms , except the 1J . :)

406297[/snapback]

I misunderstood nothing. It's a difference only in Yamato's case, and nowhere else (every model and toy I've ever seen of the VF-1 in any scale 1/144 or larger has the " [ " shaped elbow extension irrespective of TV or DYRL?. Like I said, Yamato made the distinction, not I; and comparing a Hasegawa model with a Yamato toy is like comparing apples and oranges, and the only thing I gather from Hasegawa's interpretation is that they chose to be more accurate to the line art and more consistent in their VF-1 versions -- saves money on tolling too. Yamato, on the other hand, decided to introduce a line-art accurate forearm for its VF-1J which was released in it's TV incarnation, hence Hikaru in his TV flight suit, and subsequently the M&M 1Js (both indisputably TV only Valkyries) with the same style forearms. One could, therefore, make the assumption that Yamato decided to have 1J specific forearms (the more likely scenario, although I cannot be certain since I do not have their Stealth 1J for reference), or had the initial intention to have a distinction between their TV and DYRL? Valkyries (a possibility disproved by their CF release -- likely derived from a family mold tool issue).

Edited by mechaninac

I want my Low VizII and garland now!!!

Can't wait anymore :(

406382[/snapback]

I hear ya! I've got the Garland on pre-order and the waiting is killing me. And I'm trying my best to resist the urge to buy this LVII... it turned out a hell of a lot better than I expected from all the pre-release images that were posted.

I misunderstood nothing.  It's a difference only in Yamato's case, and nowhere else (every model and toy I've ever seen of the VF-1 in any scale 1/144 or larger  has the " [ " shaped elbow extension irrespective of TV or DYRL?.  Like I said, Yamato made the distinction, not I; and comparing a Hasegawa model with a Yamato toy is like comparing apples and oranges, and the only thing I gather from Hasegawa's interpretation is that they chose to be more accurate to the line art and more consistent in their VF-1 versions -- saves money on tolling too.  Yamato, on the other hand, decided to introduce a line-art accurate forearm for its VF-1J which was released in it's TV incarnation, hence Hikaru in his TV flight suit, and subsequently the M&M 1Js (both indisputably TV only Valkyries) with the same style forearms.  One could, therefore, make the assumption that Yamato decided to have 1J specific forearms (the more likely scenario, although I cannot be certain since I do not have their Stealth 1J for reference), or had the initial intention to have a distinction between their TV and DYRL? Valkyries (a possibility disproved by their CF release -- likely derived from a family mold tool issue).

406370[/snapback]

Actually, did anyone told you the answer? YAMATO? no, right? ANYONE told you: "yes! the arms come with the VF-1J is not just a 1J arms, that represent all the TV valks arms!" ? did yamato told you? Again, did yamato told you they made the arms without the "[" shape is because this is a "dyrl" valks? come on! facing the true, the forearms dosen't mean anything about "TV" and "dyrl" !

if you still think you're right, please don't just look the toy that yamato made. I give you four picture that come from original mecha design, can you help me found out which one is TV, which one is DYRL ? :

arm1.jpg

arm2.jpg

arm3.jpg

arm4.jpg

personally i think yamato messed up on the CF, it came with a TV pilot, TV hands, but DYRL arms. let me explain....

this is only my opinion:

i say DYRL arms cause the CF arms match all the previous DYRL releases, thats is the only reason i say DYRL. if they matched the TV releases, then i'd call them TV arms but as it stands, i'm going with what makes the most sense to me.

this is fact:

the "TV arms" have only been used on the 1J releases including the stealth. meaning every 1J valk(total of 4) that yamato's released have all come with "TV arms".

the "DYRL arms" have been used on the 1A's and 1S's releases. meaning every 1A(total of 5) and every 1S(total of 2) has all come with "DYRL arms".

so who's right now? :lol:

personally i think yamato messed up on the CF, it came with a TV pilot, TV hands, but DYRL arms. let me explain....

I can't complain though: I was happy that they included the fat hands.

It's a cross between dyrl and tv but in fighter mode it isn't really all that noticable. I wonder if they were to rerelease it, would they correct it and give normal tv forearms?

personally i think yamato messed up on the CF, it came with a TV pilot, TV hands, but DYRL arms.  let me explain....

this is only my opinion:

i say DYRL arms cause the CF arms match all the previous DYRL releases, thats is the only reason i say DYRL.   if they matched the TV releases, then i'd call them TV arms but as it stands, i'm going with what makes the most sense to me.

this is fact:

the "TV arms" have only been used on the 1J releases including the stealth.  meaning every 1J valk(total of 4) that yamato's released have all come with "TV arms".  

the "DYRL arms" have been used on the 1A's and 1S's releases.  meaning every 1A(total of 5) and every 1S(total of 2) has all come with "DYRL arms".

so who's right now?   :lol:

406451[/snapback]

SORRY, i think this "answer" is proof by the question itself, just a cycle loope, just like someone

cliamed " WHY WHAT I SAID IS THE TRUTH BECAUSE I SAID EVERYTHING I SAID IS A TRUTH AT THE BEGINING~! ".

The terms "TV ARMS" & "DYRL ARMS" are radically dosen't exist, even on the original mecha design and all the macross toys and model. The TERMS is just CREATE by the PLAYER who BELIEVE the "different" is a "design" of the toys manufacturer.

The only way can provide imformation let us to identify where the valks come form, is just simply compare with the original mecha design, so I can tell you" YAMATO MESSED UP the CF-1A because it come with a DYRL 1A HEAD, but definitly not because the STRANGE ARMS. " then no one can argue with a 100% correct answer. :)

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

Actually, did anyone told you the answer? YAMATO? no, right? ANYONE told you: "yes! the arms come with the VF-1J is not just a 1J arms, that represent all the TV valks arms!" ? did yamato told you? Again, did yamato told you they made the arms without the "[" shape is because this is a "dyrl" valks? come on! facing the true, the forearms dosen't mean anything about "TV" and "dyrl" !

if you still think you're right, please don't just look the toy that yamato made. I give you four picture that come from original mecha design, can you help me found out which one is TV, which one is DYRL ? :

***snip***

How obtuse can a person get??? Seriously, get off your self-assigned high horse and quit the insufferably pedantic diatribe... it does us both a disservice. Besides, who named you the official Macross KNOW-IT-ALL? Opinions vary, deal with it!

This is not a question of who is right or wrong regarding artwork and its relation to what is seen in the anime. This is about Yamato's choice in which forearms go where within their own line of VFs. All DYRL? 1/48 VFs have the closed elbow extension, and all officially designated TV Valkyries (1Js all) have the open end. The CF is not labeled as a TV VF-1A, it's named a Mass Production type so it falls in between the two extremes insofar as the toys are concerned: it uses the forearms previously utilized on their DYRL? offerings, but it also has the TV pilot and sticker sheet, as well as the fat hands... it's an amalgam, a chimera; and it is the only one that really has this inconsistency as all the non-canon Valkyries don't count.

Haterist explained it more effectively and succinctly than I did, so if you want to know where my opinion lies, refer to his post. As far as I'm concerned, calcified opinions are almost impossible to overcome, so I leave you with your bias and I'll stick with mine.