Warning :1/60 Vf-0s

Hayao Kakizaki

Thank u mechaninac for ur clear instructions  :D I will go look around some shops for the 'file'ing [fileing or filing??] equipment. Hope i can find some decent one...  :lol:

400607[/snapback]

Here is a good set of files:

12-PIECE MICRO FILE SET

Or These:

MINI DIAMOND NEEDLE FILE SET

Or you could even try these:

MICRO-SIZE PRECISION REAMERS (SET OF 6)

You can probably find a decent mini or micro file set in a good hardware store, probably for less than at MicroMark, and definitely cheaper than at a brick&mortar Hobby Shoppe.

Edited by mechaninac

If you are not being picky, just use a tiny screw driver of athe size that can just about going through that hole on the gunpod handle tightly. Do some twisting and run it through the hole little by little (pretty much same approach as using a filing tool). Don't overdo it as you may make the hole too big and becomes too loose to hold the gunpod. Works for me. Might save you a few bucks on buying a tool you rarely use. My VF-0S is displayed with the gunpod mounted on the arm as I type right now. :D

Good luck.

• 5 weeks later...

Got a VF-0S today, and one of the fins under the fuselage was broken straight out of the box! :angry: Dammit! The broken piece wasn't even there, so gluing it back on isn't even an option. :(

Anyway, I know the seller is a nice guy, and I've already sent him PM about it. 'Problem is, his shop is across town through hella traffic. :ph34r: Hopefully he can come through for me with a painless replacement.

I find that the tailfin problem is not really caused due to the box but more of the factory worker who packed the valk into the box. If you look at the valk when in the box the spike on the tailfin is not touching anything, so unless your box was damage on the side where the tailfin is, the spike should be okay. When you try to put the valk back into the plastic tray and before pushing it down in place you will notice how the tailfin sit on the flat piece of plastic on the tray at the back. We would normally take extreme care when pushing down in place but the factory workers prob just push it down with force without taking care of the spike and thus result in broken or bend spike on the tailfin and this is probably why some have gotten theirs without the broken piece as the piece prob came out of the tray when the valk was force into the tray.

Edited by Valk-1S

Is it possible to tell that you got a VF-0S with two right (left?) shoulders without transforming it? I'll be exchanging my VF-0S this weekend and may get a chance to make only a cursory inspection of the new piece in the store.

It’s pretty difficult without taking it out of the box. Unlike the 1/48 where the arms can be seen clearly due to it hanging down low the VF-0 arms are pretty high up in between the legs. It’s still possible to check, however, you will need to remove it from the box and try to look in between the leg and arm for the screw holes. You might be able to make the gap between the arms and legs a bit bigger by trying to move the arm or leg aside. But without taking out of the box it’s pretty hard.

I've found that while the hole in the gunpod grip is on the tight side, it will still fit, with a little bit of force, at least on my 2. I haven't bothered to do any filing.

Graham

400701[/snapback]

I agree, a little force and it will fit solid. The only thing, is when transforming into F, I have a little difficulty putting the arms together. I guess I'll have to do it over a couple of times so it gets a little easier.

• 5 months later...

I got my VF-0S a couple of days back. AWSOME figure, solid and sturdy.

I got no QC issues, had mine sent to me from HLJ, and I live all the way in South africa :D

only prob I have is the biceps rotoation is VERY loose (u get sholder, the grey arm section, the white bicep, another grey section, then the elbow, and the forearm) there where the white section is.

and the wrist is SUPER loose, so much so that I have a problem making the battroid hold the gunpod underneath the front as in the image

IPB Image

any tips on how to tighting these swivels, with a small explination on how to go about doing it?

Most people I know suggest a tiny bit of glue for loose joints. Not like model cement or anything, more like Elmer's, just enough to tighten the joint, not enough to glue the joint solid. That might be your best bet for the wrist.

For the bicep, hmmm, haven't looked at the construction there too closely, maybe someone who has knows if there's maybe a screw that could be tightened or something?

I don't really have much experience with this sort of thing, though, so you may want to wait for more replies.

thanx for giving me a reply!

I heard around the place that locktight may also work, just gota keep jiggling the joint so it doesn't fuse solid, can anyone confirm that it works... and looks neat?

I'd better record this, cause I mentioned it a few times.

Use a bit of wood glue on the points. That glue forms like a gel like material and is water soluble, make a mess, just soak it in water and wash it off.

The part you want to get into is the white bicep armour. This has to be cracked opened, it is a two piece part. There should be a visible line down there, attack that first. Then you can take the arm apart more easily.

thanx Kensei.

You say wood glue... as in that white coldglue stuff?

I am a little skeptical on ripping apart the arm, payed alot for it. If I go about opening the arm, should i just jam a screwdriver in the seam and twist? And what about gluing it back together, what would be good for that?

• 1 month later...

I get 3 box VF-0S last night, all 3 have problem

1. left leg's magnet which used to attach fp was missing,little spike on the tail fin broken in box,

a 2mm gap in the right foot

2. left leg's magnet installing up side down, Repel with the fp

3. loose joint on right arm, some parts always fall off, and the gunpod handle very loose

plus the two right side arms's one which post by japanese ,

state that this product have a serious QC problem

HK,

Did you ever solve problem #2? Does anyone out there know how to take the legs apart of the VF-0?

HK,

Did you ever solve problem #2? Does anyone out there know how to take the legs apart of the VF-0?

yes,I break a little bit the surrounding of the magnet (FP side),

then take out the magnet and install it inverse.

I don't think about the to take the legs aparts, because it gluded, may damage the parts .

So I take the FP instead. and the out come is , the FP can only install on the problem VF-0. :p

yes,I break a little bit the surrounding of the magnet (FP side),

then take out the magnet and install it inverse.

I don't think about the to take the legs aparts, because it gluded, may damage the parts .

So I take the FP instead. and the out come is , the FP can only install on the problem VF-0. :p

Thanks. I really appreciate it. ^_^

I actually still wonder if the VF-0 leg can come apart....there are two screw covers (one near the ankle and one at the knee) but is the leg really also glued?

Yeah, it is. <_<

It glued above the foot, at the air intake/exhaust, just below the landing gear (battroid mode).