New Pic's..... Low Viz Ver 2.0

DyNo

The first low-vis was an almost exact copy of the standard 1980's F-15 scheme. Plenty of other grey low-vis schemes to do, including the F-14's unique low-vis scheme---there's no scheme that'd fit better or work better for obvious reasons.

Or, with Roy's scheme being closely based on VF-84's scheme, why not "copy" some other famous Navy squadrons? Do high-vis! I of course would vote for VF-111.

For the life of me I can't understand why the LV2 draws so much fire around here. It's a pretty standard looking camo scheme (based on the one worn by JASDF F-1s), which I've always wanted to see on a Valkyrie.

For the life of me I can't understand why the LV2 draws so much fire around here.  It's a pretty standard looking camo scheme (based on the one worn by JASDF F-1s), which I've always wanted to see on a Valkyrie.

391337[/snapback]

The camo scheme is excellent, no arguing that, but you have to admit that the idea of having a camo scheme on a VALKYRIE in space is kinda silly :) .

I really like the camo idea but I just don't understand why the brown isn't 2 or 3 shades darker. It just seems obvious to me. the light tan looks hideous next to the dark green.

but you have to admit that the idea of having a camo scheme on a VALKYRIE in space is kinda silly

It doesn't have to go into space. I think the stealth is the space use one and the Camo the earth one. Since it has the GBP for it while the stealth gets the FP booster with Strike cannon or micromissile launcher.

See gundam 8th MS team for an example of mechs dedicated to ground combat. I guess you can consider these GBP camo valks as the 'solid snake' or 'rambo' valks that sneak into position to take advantage of the element of surprise. Or imagine a scenario where you have vf1 fighting against Octos which sneak in from the shore by transforming from sub into land mode and these guys hide in the bushes with GBP to defend. I guess there would be more emphasis on standing still and increasing the protection of the battroid by having armor in an area packed with trees where flying around in jet mode is not going to give you much advantage. (no space, you would crash into things)

A lot of scenes in SDF:macross are about speed and manuevering around things with fancy flying. Macross Zero I've noticed tends to focus on cover more. (ie hiding behind a mountain, suprising people by jumping from a blind spot and fighting up close in battroid, shooting at people from the ground etc)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I think the issue is, that real-life scheme isn't very famous and it does look weird to most people (myself included, despite it being on the cover of a book I often reference). It's close enough to the ultra-famous SEA camo that everyone knows and expects, that it looks off to people, almost like a mistake---like they tried to do SEA camo and screwed up.

Plus I think the colors are just off enough that they didn't really match the JASDF camo that well, making it look even stranger to people. The JASDF is decidely more brown, the LV2 is too yellow/pink.

My immediate problem with the LVII was how decidedly CF it is. If the tones weren't identical to the CF (outside of the painted portion) I'd probably be a lot happier with it overall. Instead I feel like I just bought a funky custom CF... and I'm not much into customs or CFs.

The LV1 was completely different from all the valks. I don't see it and think "Wow, they just repainted a Hikaru 1A" or something like that.

My immediate problem with the LVII was how decidedly CF it is.  If the tones weren't identical to the CF (outside of the painted portion) I'd probably be a lot happier with it overall.  Instead I feel like I just bought a funky custom CF... and I'm not much into customs or CFs.

The LV1 was completely different from all the valks.  I don't see it and think "Wow, they just repainted a Hikaru 1A" or something like that.

391434[/snapback]

yea.. if yer gonna do a cammo valk the tones are the most important part...

I think they woulda sold more valks just by doing a similar LV1 version...

For the record, I pre-ordered one of these already.

Why does everyone hate this paint scheme?

I thought we were trying to encourage Yamato towards non-canon paint schemes.

Angel Birds? Minmay Guard?

The LV 1 was a trial run for them IMHO

I would be perfectly happy with limited edition Valkyries in non-canon paint schemes

Lots of members here are saying"Go buy the VF-0S, so Yamato will make the VF-0D, and the SV-71"

Perhaps the same principle applies here.

Why does everyone hate this paint scheme?

but people do like the original LV. Like I said, this looks like a bad custom CF. They shouldn't have made it so obvious they were just splashing paint on a pre-existing toy. They started fresh with the LV, they should have made the brown tone darker on this toy so it looked like they were starting fresh here too. Instead, I see it and think "What happened to that CF?" The other paint schemes you mentioned would require Yamato to start from scratch also, I think that's what we all want.

I really wish that this scheme had turned out better, cuz it'd be alot of fun to weather up with teh matching GBP if that had come out looking better as well... both are pretty ugly in their current forms. The LV2 really bugs me tho.... it's like, so close to being a really nice valk, but instead lookis like a kindergatener got ahold of avalk with primary color fingerpaints.

i am tempted just to go out and buy myself a 1/48 CF and make myself a cool low viz version 2 of my own. if that does come true, i will show you guys how the real deal should look like. kyatsu :D

honestly, i think it's pretty cool or maybe it's cos i was from the army and have a tendency to like camo designs? either way, i am just gald it's coming out soon.

392303[/snapback]

When you come through woth your project, link us a few pics.

i am tempted just to go out and buy myself a 1/48 CF and make myself a cool low viz version 2 of my own.  if that does come true, i will show you guys how the real deal should look like. kyatsu :D
honestly, i think it's pretty cool or maybe it's cos i was from the army and have a tendency to like camo designs? either way, i am just gald it's coming out soon.

392303[/snapback]

392309[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

i am tempted just to go out and buy myself a 1/48 CF and make myself a cool low viz version 2 of my own.  if that does come true, i will show you guys how the real deal should look like. kyatsu :D

I thought there were no 1/48 CF's.... are there????? :huh:

I'd rather spend my money on the Super Stealth than in this.... this... ummm.... thing, yeah, that!

I thought there were no 1/48 CF's.... are there????? :huh:

I'd rather spend my money on the Super Stealth than in this.... this... ummm.... thing, yeah, that!

392522[/snapback]

Yes, there are 1/48 Cfs. I have 4 myself. I think they are just plain addictive. I'm sure most suppliers still have them.

I hate the ugly ass valk. I see the first 1/48 that will be on clearance by Tisnic for under 90 bucks. Burn those damn things! Now the Stealth Valk is a thing of beauty. I love that valk, and I think it is the BEST looking 1/48 of them all. However the wanna be GI Joe vehicle needs to go.

Yes, there are 1/48 Cfs. I have 4 myself. I think they are just plain addictive. I'm sure most suppliers still have them.

Yeah, there's just something about that "brown" VF-1 and I really like it; second only to my 'Low Viz...

actually,, the more I see the LV2 the more I want it. It's not really the love and want feelinging like other valks, but the feeling that it will look good on a display shelf full of other Valks.. it will stand out and give it somewhat of a change enviorement. Kinda like having a green plant on your desk.

The stealth on the other hand looks just plain to me,, and the design looks half and half without a final decison which makes it even worse. I'm trying really hard to like it but I just can't do it.

392534[/snapback]

My mistake! You're right. I just recall I saw one CF in an outdoor market about a month ago, but it was $240 USD. That's waaaaaaaay too much expensive for a CF, if you ask me. :angry:

The thing I like about them is how sort of numerous they were in the tv series. Yeah they were for the crap pilots, but the brown makes them good in a display next to more colourful valks like max and milia. It's kind of like the green zaku next to a red zaku. If you only displayed red zaku it makes the red zaku less special because it no longer stands out.

I think that made sense.