Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Is this Rumble from Walmart a real offical alternator rumble?  because it looks kinda like one of those Car Robots to me, a really good one. 

you know the ones that look similar to alternator?

393568[/snapback]

Yes its a real official Alternator. Hence it being called 'TF Alternators' in the listing.

393581[/snapback]

being called "TF Alternators" in the listing of WalMart is one of the main reasons why I'm asking. since listing can be mislabel,, walmart screws up listing all the time. Os their any other proft that this is the real deal? like offical websites?, other pics from more reliable source?

No, this is the first official photo. Walmart uses Hasbro's official stock photos (usually the same photos destined for packaging) for their website.

1. Design asthetic is that of a Hasbro-Takara designed Transformer. Happy Well's Road Bots, while they steal the basic Alt designs or outright steal the toolings and rework them (in the case of their Ford GT bootleg), have robot mode style and detailing that is more 'generic robot'.

2. Decepticon symbol - bootleg toys usually avoid having the actual Autobot and Decepticon symbols, since those symbols are trademarked.

3. Rumble homage - no point in a bootleg having a homage to something from a brand name that they are somewhat distancing themselves from to avoid lawsuit.

Several times now Walmart have been among the first to put up new Hasbro stock photos. Repaint Vector Prime uncovered on the same day at Walmart was our first glimpse of the repaint.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Yeah, according to Amenbo he supervised the design. Judging from the control art we've seen, this will hopefully be alot better than his efforts on THS G1 Convoy.

Vague info on MP Starscream

393594[/snapback]

Nice! If the tiny THS-02 can strike so many poses and transform imagine what Kawamori can do with 30 cm of room to work with. Hope he supervises a lot.

That listing says 9800 Yen for MP SC, was MP Convoy priced similarly?

GOD I HOPE KAWAMORI DECIDES HE WANTS TO MAKE AN F-14 SKY/JETFIRE AS WELL...HOLY HELL WHAT A GOOD MACROSS/TF HOMAGE THAT WOULD BE!!

ANd I think this will be 1/48 scale judging by the 30cm size given out

393654[/snapback]

? That would be a totally new concept vehicle that wouldn't fit in the Masterpiece line as it wouldn't be an accurate homage to an original character. Please, no Jetfire, we have our Valks for that.

Skyfire though, I will take in a heartbeat.

GOD I HOPE KAWAMORI DECIDES HE WANTS TO MAKE AN F-14 SKY/JETFIRE AS WELL...HOLY HELL WHAT A GOOD MACROSS/TF HOMAGE THAT WOULD BE!!

ANd I think this will be 1/48 scale judging by the 30cm size given out

393654[/snapback]

? That would be a totally new concept vehicle that wouldn't fit in the Masterpiece line as it wouldn't be an accurate homage to an original character. Please, no Jetfire, we have our Valks for that.

Skyfire though, I will take in a heartbeat.

393660[/snapback]

Thing is we are already getting a skyfire in the neo G1 line and in the titanium line. I would LOVE to have an alternator or masterpiece F-14 somehow.

HOLY KAWAMORI!!! THAT ROX!!

It also has the air-brake hydraulics that the 1/48s don't. I always wished they had that in the 1/48s.

Heck even the turbine compartment opens.

Man i can't believe how good this thing is looking. If the blueprints are any indication of what we can expect to see upon release this toy will more than pay for itself IMO.

I'm 99% certain the engine nacelles open to allow you to switch between TV/Toy-accurate robot-mode-foot-nozzles, and modern, real-life-accurate nozzles. It's the standard "fist-swapping" mechanism, only for engine nozzles. What you're seeing under the cover is the other style of nozzle, not an engine.

hopefully it turn out well, takara and shoji somewhat botched the THS-02 Convoy which also looked awesome on paper. instead we got a cool bot with a horrible transformation. maybe because this toy is bigger it will be easier for them to pull off the transformations on it and have both modes look realalistic and true to the classic character.

or we can only hope :)

chris

hopefully it turn out well, takara and shoji somewhat botched the THS-02 Convoy which also looked awesome on paper. instead we got a cool bot with a horrible transformation. maybe because this toy is bigger  it will be easier for them to pull off the transformations on it and have both modes look realalistic and true to the classic character.

or we can only hope :)

chris

393691[/snapback]

Dude this things got a 30cm length/height. In comparison THS-02 was TINY. So I think they got a ton more room to make a true masterpiece with this one. Course I understand where you are coming from though,

I will definitely get this it looks awesome, and hwile the ventral side isn't that accurate to the jet I know some concessions have to be made and they look great so far.

this is an aswesome year for toys... sucks for my bank account and shelf space though.

Makes me wonder what a kawamori designed VF-1 would look like... maybe he can even be bothered to figure out a decent SV-51 toy next... mmmm.... mmmm...

hmm from the drawing , it's transformation looks pretty straight foward.

The hands are fold like the Zeta Gundam, and the legs are standard push ups or downs. The nose of the jet flips down,, and the 2 intakes ( only the square area) flips down as the chest and to fill in the gap from the fold out hands. Oh,the weapon slides back to the arms.

hmm it seems it can do gerwalk too.

I just can't wait for this baby to come out,, I just know they're going to put lots of little details here and there.

You know what would be funny? If Yamato had the guts?

If they actually went and did a 1/48 VF-1S with TV FAST Packs Jetfire Paintscheme. Everything but the Autobot logo and the transformers and Jetfire name. FAST Packs that are coloured red included, with red visor.

Edited by kensei

Well, they could do it if they wanted to. Its a colour scheme, and I don't think you can trademark a colour scheme. Hell, Hasbro used the Max DYRL colours for their Armada Powerlinx Jetfire repaint.

As long as they don't call it something like 'VF-1S Super Valkyrie Jetfire Special' (Jetfire the name is still trademarked by Hasbro and Takara) or use the Autobot symbol, I think they'd be okay.

yeah, the three Starscream toys shown in that article are Takara's Reissue Collection Starscream, Robotmasters Starscream, and World's Smallest Transformers Starscream. The actual Masterpiece Starscream toy hasn't been seen yet.

We're going to be hearing that all day at non-TF boards or TF boards with less-informed members - that the line art looks great but the toys look like crap :p