Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Primus is considerably more detailed than any of the others. In fact, he's probably the most detailed Transformer I've ever seen.

Technically, he should only be displayed with Unicron and (for one episode) Starscream if you want vague scale.

389385[/snapback]

Oh he's a beatiful transformer. He looks amazing. It's just i had no idea he was so small compared to the likes of Megalo Convoy and Supreme Starscream. I figured he was right at their height or a little taller. Just seems odd because he's such an imposing character in the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line i figured he would be the biggest or tied for in that respect.

Any of you guys have Robotmaster Lio convoy? If so, what do you think of him, and is he worth 22$?

389390[/snapback]

As for robot masters leo convoy. I've got him and he's a great little toy. I don't have the original so i can't say if he's a worth second purchase, but for the 25 dollars i spent for him at a local import store i'm happy with what i got.

Primus is considerably more detailed than any of the others. In fact, he's probably the most detailed Transformer I've ever seen.

Technically, he should only be displayed with Unicron and (for one episode) Starscream if you want vague scale.

389385[/snapback]

Oh he's a beatiful transformer. He looks amazing. It's just i had no idea he was so small compared to the likes of Megalo Convoy and Supreme Starscream. I figured he was right at their height or a little taller. Just seems odd because he's such an imposing character in the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line i figured he would be the biggest or tied for in that respect.

Any of you guys have Robotmaster Lio convoy? If so, what do you think of him, and is he worth 22$?

389390[/snapback]

As for robot masters leo convoy. I've got him and he's a great little toy. I don't have the original so i can't say if he's a worth second purchase, but for the 25 dollars i spent for him at a local import store i'm happy with what i got.

389400[/snapback]

Oo can you post pics of him? and how tall is he in comparison with the cybertron deluxes? I am considering getting him(reading the new beast wars comic and seeing him play a leader role as well as Don Figueroa drawing him kinda does that to ya).

The thing I am antsy about is his size, every gallery I see him in makes him look like a basic figure rather than a deluxe.

Oh he's a beatiful transformer.  He looks amazing.  It's just i had no idea he was so small compared to the likes of Megalo Convoy and Supreme Starscream.  I figured he was right at their height or a little taller.  Just seems odd because he's such an imposing character in the Cybertron/Galaxy Force line i figured he would be the biggest or tied for in that respect.

389390[/snapback]

389400[/snapback]

Oo can you post pics of him? and how tall is he in comparison with the cybertron deluxes? I am considering getting him(reading the new beast wars comic and seeing him play a leader role as well as Don Figueroa drawing him kinda does that to ya).

The thing I am antsy about is his size, every gallery I see him in makes him look like a basic figure rather than a deluxe.

389401[/snapback]

Shin some quick pics:

They came out a little blurry but i think they prove their point.

Picture084Medium.jpg

Size Comparison with Cybertron Defense Hot Shot (Deluxe).

Picture087Medium.jpg

One last one with Cybertron Hot Shot one of the taller Deluxes.

Picture088Medium.jpg

Hope that helps man.

BTW, the leo convoy version i have is the one that came with a DVD. His chest is chrome and some of the other colors are little brighter in comparison to the standard release if i remember correctly. Just in case you were wondering.

Edited by Veritas

I would like to know did TF-Robotmastes the toy line (I know it has a comic) did have a show or an OVA ?

389766[/snapback]

Not as far as i know. There's a CD that came with some of them, (i have one in fact) but i never bothered putting it in my computer to see what was on it. But i dont think it had an animated episode or anything like that on it.

Edited by Veritas

There were animated shorts on the DVDs that came with some of the 'special' versions of Convoy ect. Basically something about all the Convoys coming together to the beat up the incredibly outnumbered Decepticons.

An old joke is that Robotmasters should have been called Convoymasters given how the line turned out.

I ended up buying the Constructicon and Protectobot knock off sets tonight for my kid. Granted these are going to be fine for a 5 year old, they really suck as a transforming toy. The stickers have basically all come off on one of them, and the other appears to have stickers that were supler glued on, and still fall off.

Like I said though, good enough for a 5 year old.

In the last week I've actually been getting really really into Galaxy Force, mostly cause it's not a hack job like Cybertron turns out to be.

Nearly crapped myself when I found out Override is really a guy.....*shutters* damn you Hasbro.

So in recent developement of my own kind of love for Galaxy Force, I've been on a shopping frenzy buying what I thought looked pretty good for a Galaxy Force transformer, avoiding those with designs that just look so ridiculious I wouldn't wanna touch 'em.

So far I upped my collection too

Master Megatron, Nitro Convoy GTS (repaint), Exillion, Ligerjack, Dark Scorpinok, Blurr, Galaxy Convoy, Starscream.

I think out of all of these, I really like Exillion, he's not difficult at all to transform, but he's got the most stable looking body out of nearly all of them....nothing stubby or cut short on the limbs.

I did see his Red/Orange repaint last week at a Walmart, I was almost tempted on buying it but I felt a lil weird looking at him.....he just had Hot Rod painted all over him to where I almost wanted to cry....I miss that character.

Nitro Convoy GTS is pretty much just a repaint of the original toy, instead of a Red, White and Amber Yellow color hes been switched out to a grey, red, black style and he looks pretty damn good. However I noticed in robot mode he's not very stable, bad posability and he's got a HUGE freakin chest.

LigerJack, ummmmm actually rather one of the most dissapointing of the group I bought. Well not as Dissapointing as Blurr, but still, his arms, they're so bulky and so close to his torso they can only go up or down.

Not too mention to take his forearms off to help form LigerConvoy is such a pain in the ass, really gotta pull on those suckers.

Next up is Blurr, Blurr god I loved that character in the 80's.....he's got a slight resemblance in GalaxyForce but damn he's small AND he's bulky...I nearly cried cause he reminds me of the 80's toys.....forearms move up and down but that's about it.

Galaxy Convoy, great toy, he's not so bulky looking like Energon or Armada, he's pretty well balanced and his super mode isn't power rangerish, it's actually rather decent. However I haven't combined him yet with Ligerjack.

Master Megatron is a big freakin toy that required so many things to transform him to Vehicle mode....but he's a great figure and I can't wait to take some pictures of him and Convoy duking it out!

Starscream is freaking huge! course his mobility is also lacking espically in the arms.....which was pretty sad. But the Decepticon crown was just priceless I couldn't resist it!

Dark Scorpinok.....ummmm.....hmmmm........he's noisy, I shouldn't of pulled that frakin tab.

It seems at least some of the items you've bought are Cybertron versions, yet you refer to them by their Galaxy Force names? Or in the case of 'Nitro Convoy GTS', assigning them names that don't exist? :p

Hasbro said the whole Override thing was a case of the Cartoon Network requesting a female character on the Autobots side. By that time, Override had already been designed as a toy and then a cartoon character, but it was also the most feminine looking male character on the show, so he became a she.

Its not really that noticible on the show, to be honest, and as far as canon is concerned, Override is a female robot.

As for the story - the Cybertron dub is Hasbro's attempt to retcon the story back to its original form, before Takara marketing and WE'VE (their television production company) decided to dump the original storyline that linked the series to Armada and Energon, and make the series all-new for some reason. Before the series aired, there was outdated publicity from WE'VE stating the series was a continuation of Superlink (Energon).

Next up is Blurr, Blurr god I loved that character in the 80's.....he's got a slight resemblance in GalaxyForce but damn he's small AND he's bulky...I nearly cried cause he reminds me of the 80's toys.....forearms move up and down but that's about it.

Dark Scorpinok.....ummmm.....hmmmm........he's noisy, I shouldn't of pulled that frakin tab.

390229[/snapback]

Yeah Blurr and Dark Scorponok are actually just retools/repaints of eariler armada/energon figures. <_<

Edited by Veritas

Just found this up on TFormers:

Transformers Classic First Assortment?

It looks like the first assortment of the Transformers Classic line has been announced. It's all speculation IMO (except for Optimus being one of them of course) until we see some test shots of some figures other than Astrotrain.

Edited by Veritas

It seems at least some of the items you've bought are Cybertron versions, yet you refer to them by their Galaxy Force names? Or in the case of 'Nitro Convoy GTS', assigning them names that don't exist?

All of the items I bought are Cybertron, I refer to them as their Galaxy Force names because I pay more attention to Galaxy Force then I do Cybertron, hence why I know their names better then Cybertron.....hell I forgot what Nitro Convoy's Cybertron name was till I saw the box. I think it also shows a fond respect for Galaxy Force rather then Cybertron. The only reason I even purchase the Cybertron toys is because they're mass marketed in stores where as Galaxy Force versions I gotta pay more to get from online stores.

Yeah Blurr and Dark Scorponok are actually just retools/repaints of eariler armada/energon figures.

I noticed that too before I went to bed lastnight. I remember Blurr was in Armada and that this toy carries the EXACT body as the Armada version but with G1 Blurr's head design and repainted. I was pretty miffed after realizing that wishing I didn't blow 9.89 for the toy.

I went too Walmart by where I live cause they have a fairly decent selection of Transformers and I thought I could pick up the Red painted version of Exillion, but they were all gone.

I did manage too pick up Evac (Live Convoy) and thought he was a pretty decent toy. I also saw the silver/black repaint of Megatron (Galvatron) thinking "Hmmm I should buy that sometime" even though I already own a Megatron, I think this repaint version is much cooler looking then an orange/grey/purple looking Megatron.

I noticed that too before I went to bed lastnight.  I remember Blurr was in Armada and that this toy carries the EXACT body as the Armada version but with G1 Blurr's head design and repainted.  I was pretty miffed after realizing that wishing I didn't blow 9.89 for the toy.

390420[/snapback]

Not exactly - they retooled a significant portion of his rear end gimmick activation parts and missile launchers due the fact he doesn't have a minicon partner to activate his flight mode anymore, nor does he have minicon ports to attach minicons.

His Armada retool assortment mates Longrack, Runamuck and Buzzsaw have been similarly changed to use the Cyber Key gimmick instead of minicons.

Blurr isn't a bad toy. Aside from the dodgy articulation, I quite like the sleek design of the vehicle and the look of the robot. I wish I had bought the Universe repaint Swerve when it was available.

I got the first hibird optimus and the MPC optimus... but honestly... the TF toys are really HUGLY...

Edit----> Sorry guys, I was rude. Anyways keep in mind I may come back later and runing high on yoshinol again! :rolleyes:

Edited by Sebastian

I got the first hibird optimus and the MPC optimus... but honestly... the TF toys are really HUGLY... each one of them sucks, every single, old and new, pastic and diecast SUCKS BA..S.

HAHAHA you guys really must be FANS to buy such crap  :lol:

HAHAHAHA

390681[/snapback]

Why in the hell did you buy them than? And what the hell are you doing in here bashing them? You're entitled to you opinion, but i don't see you justifying why they suck. You sure do act like you know a lot about a toy you only own two pieces from.

I got the first hibird optimus and the MPC optimus... but honestly... the TF toys are really HUGLY... each one of them sucks, every single, old and new, pastic and diecast SUCKS BA..S.

HAHAHAHA

390681[/snapback]

Why in the hell did you buy them than? And what the hell are you doing in here bashing them? You're entitled to you opinion, but i don't see you justifying why they suck. You sure do act like you know a lot about a toy you only own two pieces from.

390731[/snapback]

mmm... In my book Sebastian can say whatever the heck he wants to say... he's like a super old member... In any case... I have to agree that TF toys are ugly except for the Alternators and MPCs.

But I actually have a question. Are mirage and optimus prime (red pickup) going to be released as binaltechs or only as Alternators? I haven't been able to find them as BTs for pre order.

Thanks,

Tico :p

HAHAHAHA

390681[/snapback]

390731[/snapback]

mmm... In my book Sebastian can say whatever the heck he wants to say... he's like a super old member... In any case... I have to agree that TF toys are ugly except for the Alternators and MPCs.

But I actually have a question. Are mirage and optimus prime (red pickup) going to be released as binaltechs or only as Alternators? I haven't been able to find them as BTs for pre order.

Thanks,

Tico :p

390742[/snapback]

I don't care how old of a member he is, and of course he's entitled to his opinion as is everyone else old or new here, but he doesn't put any evidence as to why they suck... and really what the hell is hugly? BTW according to what his post says all transformers are hugly (old and new, plastic and diecast), which includes Alternators and MPC i'm assuming? Alternators/BTs and the MPC series are indeed my favorites they look the most like real vehicles and their robot modes are pretty top notch. There's others i like as well but yes some IMO are downright ugly too, but i give valid reasons why i think that. I don't come into a post just bashing everything everyone else is talking about without valid facts.

As Binaltech Optimus there's some places that are offering preorders for him later this year, nothing yet on BT Mirage, but i assume we'll see one eventually.

Edited by Veritas

Maybe he's running low on Yoshinol*...

And in an effort to bring the thread back to happy super-fan land, now that there has been a possible case-assortment announced for the Transformers Classics line (Prime, Megs, Astrotrain, Starscream, Hot Rod and Bumblebee), does anyone want to speculate what the designs may be like? I guess the one I'm most curious about is Bumblebee. Assuming VW is still taking a non-TF toy stance, I wonder if the little yellow guy will be made as his Cybertronian self from the first episode. I'd love to see that.

Speaking of Cybertronian Bumblebee, didn't someone do a custom of him a year or two ago?

*please tell me I'm not the only one who remembers Yoshinol

What size are these new toy line ?  I hope they are not limited edition.

390826[/snapback]

All reports so far have indicated that they will be the same standard size as the current mainline TFs, which is Deluxe, Basic and Voyager if I remember correctly. So I would assume they'll be bigger than the G1 toys.

As far as limited edition, from what I've read it's a filler line until the movie toys come out, so it should be fairly standard production. Filler or not, these are the kind of TF toys I've been waiting for (regardless of the mostly excellent Bin/Alt line, which is great to look at but no fun to play with). Hopefully the wait will be worth it.