I Like The Kites

Guest Bromgrev

Nice! Do the poll icon now! No rest for the talented ... :)

EDIT: Hold it, the highlights on the 'locked' and 'moved' icons are coming from the wrong side.

Edited by Bromgrev

EDIT: Hold it, the highlights on the 'locked' and 'moved' icons are coming from the wrong side.

388685[/snapback]

That's because Roy used the only ones he had access to which where the ones from the first set that had a different gloss effect on them. These are supposed to replace them when the next set of changes happen:

8c8fef69.gif MOVED TOPIC

4c86d044.gif LOCKED TOPIC

388549[/snapback]

And just because I love my little mutant... and because for some reason it fits as a perfect "third icon color set" as it is a mixture of the red and blue kite. The crazy gasoline kite icon set:

Gasoline.gif GASOLINE TOPIC

GasKiteOld.gif GASOLINE TOPIC (No New Posts)

GasKitePost.gif GASOLINE TOPIC (User has posted in)

GasKiteOldPost.gif GASOLINE TOPIC (User has posted in with No New Posts)

If by "done" you mean out of ideas then yes for now.

I will always come back and make changes or new icon sets in different colors if requested but I think the current army I have buried at various levels in this thread is more than enough to propegate the message board with a decent theme for the meantime... or until something better comes along.

Feel free to request colors... just make sure it is a solid color field with a white kite inside. Those negative field kites just look so drab and flat.

Edit: If anyone requests really specific colors please give me a pantone value or a img of the swatch color you would like to see.

Also if anyone wants alternate icon sets, for like an alternate skin or something, let me know. Everything I've done so far has been sort of purpose made for this current blue on blue pastel theme.

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Dude I love the way you added the arrows for the topics that you already posted in. So clear and most importantly, so Macross!

I think that the icons are pretty much almost complete. Now on to the forum borders!

I've been jumping around the site checking on how well the new icons read and getting some feedback from people. The current layout is a tad confusing at the moment, I'm not sure some of the icons are in the right places... Then again it may just not be following the layout I had in mind when designing them and that might be why some of them seem out of place to me.

I've been jumping around the site checking on how well the new icons read and getting some feedback from people. The current layout is a tad confusing at the moment, I'm not sure some of the icons are in the right places... Then again it may just not be following the layout I had in mind when designing them and that might be why some of them seem out of place to me.

389579[/snapback]

I tried to post a full legend according to what I think you intended. But, I was hindered by the board limiting the number of images per post to 10. So, I posted several schemes over at the Nexus.

So, those who are interested can take a peek at the three proposed schemes there, then come back here and comment. JsArclight, which of the three most closely matches your original vision for the icons?

Best,

H

I myself had in mind #1 as the theme to use, perhaps reusing the red kites for the hot topics and replacing the green kites with the maroon kite for polls just to keep the color palate closer together. That way you have blue, red and bluered. While I like the green and it matches the board well having it in line with the other colors will create that mexican stoplight candy look that everyone seems to hate.

I personally think #3 (edited to the right number) is a tad outside by changing to the skulls. Thematic content change still bugs me on some level.

I'd also like to take this moment to thank Hurin for his help with this and also to thank Macross Nexus. I like the idea of forging a supportive, cooperative relationship with Nexus. If there is anything I can do to help Nexus just ask. I may not be a member but that does not mean I can't help out if you need a hand.

Together we stand, divided we fall... against Robotech.com. :p

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

I myself had in mind #1 as the theme to use, perhaps reusing the red kites for the hot topics and replacing the green kites with the maroon kite for polls just to keep the color palate closer together. That way you have blue, red and bluered. While I like the green and it matches the board well having it in line with the other colors will create that mexican stoplight candy look that everyone seems to hate.

I think I have this now as Proposed Theme #4 on MN.

I personally think #4 is a tad outside by changing to the skulls. Thematic content change still bugs me on some level.

Not to nit-pick, but just to avoid confusion, I think you mean #3 there, right?

I'd also like to take this moment to thank Hurin for his help with this and also to thank Macross Nexus. I like the idea of forging a supportive, cooperative relationship with Nexus. If there is anything I can do to help Nexus just ask. I may not be a member but that does not mean I can't help out if you need a hand.

Together we stand, divided we fall... against Robotech.com.  :p

Happy to help! And thanks for the kind words. :wub:

I personally think #4 is a tad outside by changing to the skulls. Thematic content change still bugs me on some level.

Not to nit-pick, but just to avoid confusion, I think you mean #3 there, right?

389789[/snapback]

And that would probably answer why I confuse myself a lot as well. :unsure::p

And yes the new #4 is exactly what I had in mind... but that is only my opinion. I gave all the color options so we could mix and match to whatever the admins wanted. I wonder what Graham thinks?

Edited by JsARCLIGHT

Cool. I agree that #4 is the best so far. Let's see if anyone has any feedback and I'll continue to post revisions on MN.

Though, again, in my humble opinion, #4 is clearly the strongest set. All its colors work together very well.

Best,

H

Edited by Hurin

Just wanted to throw my two cents out there. I like the new kites, but I liked the minmay dolls better than the half arrows. The half arrows are actually quite annoying. :/ PLEASE revert!

Edited by Oihan

Minmei was annoying.

Banish her forever.

She should only be used for CLOSED and LOCKED topics because she is an angel of death....

BLECK.

I think the current color code is a little overkill. Too many colors...but oh well.

I liked the SKULL for LOCKED topics better than the lock.