Gundam Plamodel Thread - II

and I think SEED models are about the same size as the wings and I don't have them anymore for comparison since I threw or sold most of those kits away. Only kits I've kept are the ones I've gone and personalized to make 'em unique.

Well, I'm gonna have to wait and see what the hobby store brings in tomorrow.

Well, that's kind of neat, except for the fact I own NO HCM-Pro's.

I went to the local hobby store since they got their stock in.....I saw LOTS of Double-Oh kits...but man the prices for these things is just outrageous there....I'm better off just ordering online and saving the 10+ dollar difference. Sadly though, all the MG kits were old releases as far back as 2001.

Well, that's kind of neat, except for the fact I own NO HCM-Pro's.

I went to the local hobby store since they got their stock in.....I saw LOTS of Double-Oh kits...but man the prices for these things is just outrageous there....I'm better off just ordering online and saving the 10+ dollar difference. Sadly though, all the MG kits were old releases as far back as 2001.

Some of the other 10 base models had a writeup suggesting they would would well for 1/100 but I'm thinking if it works well for 1/100 then it isn't going to work well for 1/200 gundams.

• 2 weeks later...

From Gunota

MG Force Impulse Gundam - May, 4,200 yen

MG Shin Musha Gundam - June, 4,725 yen

HGUC Zaku FZ - May, 1,260 yen

1/100 Overflag - May, 2,310 yen

HG Tieren Space Type - Sergei custom, May, 1,575 yen

BB Senshi Sangokuden Kakouen Dalas - May, 630 yen

HCM-Pro Gundam Deathscythe - June, 2,940 yen

HCM-Pro Tieren Space Type Set - June, 3,360 yen

Dates not set for the following:

1/100 Tieren Ground Type

1/100 Gundam Avalanche Exia

1/100 Gundam Astraea Type F

HG Enact - Saachez custom

HG GN-X

Ewwww.... Impulse... I know the model was based off crappy lineart...but why... :rolleyes:

So far, I have built Wing Zero Custom and Crossbone Full Cloth....although i still haven't built the cloth in Full Cloth...

I really like Crossbone's space ship, and Wing Zero - well - the only thing good about him are his wings...

I like Turn A, so that will be my next Gundam.

Nu looks interesting too.

In general, I am quite impressed with the MG kits.

VFTF1

A little clipping has given rise that we may see a MG 1/100 Sinanju.

No surprise since they had the Unicorn ver. ka. But w00t, I love the Sinanju design.

A little clipping has given rise that we may see a MG 1/100 Sinanju.

SINANJUhobby.jpg

What's the little ditty next to "MG"?

Is it about the previously released Unicorn kit?

Would make sense to have the 'arch-enemy'.........such as the hopes of the Nightengale opposing the Hi-v.

But the Zeon suits from Unicorn are nice indeed!

Just picked up Exia 1/100 HG and a 1/100 MG Crossbone Fullcloth...so that knocks down 2 kits I've been wanting for sometime. I really scored, sadly though I think I paid like 87 bucks for that and some paint for Crossbone cause I got a sneaking suspicion that the eyes on the skull aren't colored in.

Exia needs paint in alot of spots, and what little decals they give you totally wont cover those areas up. I did buy some paint, but like I said, just for Crossbone, I didn't get the type of paint I really need for Exia which is that seagrey which I know they didn't have at the hobby store cause I looked for some.

Yeah, honestly, a bit bummed on Exia already. I'll probably build some of it and leave the other areas alone until I get some paint maybe tomorrow...but diffenetly not today.

UPDATE:

I finished Exia, it's not a bad kit, I did do some painting to it, good enough to call it finished atleast. I pretty much just followed the paint areas like the MSiA Exia so it's almost a complete clone.

As for Crossbone Gundam, uuuhhh, that's gonna need alot of painting, again, that damn seagray. I'll pick some up on my way into work or during my lunch or something. I did paint the skulls so they're pretty much perfect.

I'll also need yellow still to paint in other areas...I'm gonna avoid using the decals. I'm hoping this kit turns out REALLY well.

Edited by Hikuro

Completed the body of the Crossbone Gundam.....I don't think I've had this much trouble building a Gundam for a while.

Some of the parts are just flimsy as hell like part F24, if you're not careful you'll destroy the pegs that areneeded for the leg armor up top...so if anyone builds this be VERY careful of F24.

Also the "feather" L7/K5 easily falls apart and easily off the head. So I strongly recommend to superglue it XD I've already lost the L7 part which is the red half.

I also went ahead and just painted all the small parts like the verniers, the skulls, and parts of it's weapons.

Decals are already fully applied on the body so it's looking good except for 3 spots, the missing part L7 is somewhere on the floor but I can't see it cause of poor lighting. Along with the parts H17 they just don't want to fit on the legs to cover the foot pistons....I dunno why it wants to be such a pain in the ass.

Balance is crap on this model and I'm not gonna blame the X-thrusters entirely, this thing had weak balance the moment I put the legs on. It'll stand until I give it just the slightest shake, like when typing on my keyboard for instance will cause it to fall lol.

I still got the full cloth armament to go.

Also what pisses me off, I go and buy Exia and Crossbone, next day when I go to pick up paint just before work, there's Unicorn and Virtue....sonavabitch!

*ahem* YAY! I scored Unicorn and Virtue! I got them to hold them both for me afterall and I got rid of some stuff for quick sale, made enough money and I grabbed them both and some of those clear plastic stands for them! EEEEEE!!!! I can't wait to build them!

Virtue will be the inbetween kit while I work on the painting on some of Unicorn like the V/horn, the pilot, some o fthe internals...same thing will happen to virtue but Unicorn will be more babied and will be pimped out nice.

4/6:

I finished the legs and part of the waist of the RX-0. This is a hell of a complex design...I had to stop and think alot of times on how the translucent parts work cause they weren't doing what they should be doing and found out it's just user error.

Some of the parts feel sort of flimsy and I've already had a foot drop of me mid transformation a dozen times while trying to put the decals on like how the diagram shows.

That's another thing! MY GOD the number of decals on this sucker! And what is sad is that some of these are like lil itty bitty rub ons as well!

Still, the paint job I did on it is rather good, I really didn't do much painting honestly. I painted the sit in pilot figure, red and blue and white, the thursters insides yellow cause that's pretty much traditional, and a few other parts black etc.

Also, this is a pretty tall MS I think when it's in NT-D form....I think if I were to compare it with my Exia, the waist is already maybe an inch or so higher than the waist on the Exia.

As for Virtue/Nadleeh, I got the torso and head complete and did ALOT of paint application on that....thrusters, vent covers, weapons, that's a pain in the ass.

Again, 00 kits seem to be rather large.

Edited by Hikuro

Finished RX-0 today.IM000738.jpg

IM000743a.jpgIM000730.jpgIM000737.jpg

My flash made the translucant parts shine XD

All in all great kit. From a previous owner who said their V/horn broke, I would for future reference split it apart from the base and not from the thinnest parts of the V/Horn.

The only thing I can truely think about on hating this kit is the decals....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many.

My flash made the translucant parts shine XD

All in all great kit. From a previous owner who said their V/horn broke, I would for future reference split it apart from the base and not from the thinnest parts of the V/Horn.

The only thing I can truely think about on hating this kit is the decals....SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many.

Nice. ;)

The Unicorn is indeed one of the more complex kits but its still fun especially with all the moving parts. I got some parts wrong too at 1s which was mainly the knee joint and the tranluscent area there. THe instructions were kinda hazy at that point too and things were getting very complex. Missed a minor step that caused the red part unable to move its furthest range.

Ditto on the decals, but that's what u get if you're building a Ver. Ka. :lol:

And about the V-fins....i strongly advice you not to move it too much, even at the base. That's what I did with mine and it still broke. Those damn things are too fragile i tell you. Someone should recast them using ABS/PVC or something stronger.

• 3 weeks later...

Hobby mag news via Gunota and others:

MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Summer

MG Shin Musha Gundam - June, 5,250 yen

1/100 Tieren Ground Type - June, 2,730 yen

1/100 Gundam Astraea Type F - June, 2,940 yen

1/100 Gundam Avalanche Exia - July, 2,940 yen

BB Senshi Sangokuden Kanpei Gundam - June, 630 yen

Reported dates for the following (not quite 100% confirmed):

HG GN-X - July

post-1479-1208926596_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1208926620_thumb.jpg

post-1479-1208926639_thumb.jpg

Hobby mag news via Gunota and others:

MG RX-78-2 Gundam Ver. 2.0 - Summer

MG Shin Musha Gundam - June, 5,250 yen

1/100 Tieren Ground Type - June, 2,730 yen

1/100 Gundam Astraea Type F - June, 2,940 yen

1/100 Gundam Avalanche Exia - July, 2,940 yen

BB Senshi Sangokuden Kanpei Gundam - June, 630 yen

Impulse doesn't look bad. But considering the horrible look to the NG 1/100....anything is an improvement.

That's the Impulse from Gundam Seed Destiny, the weakest link of the Seed franchise.

Seriously though, how many freaking versions of the RX-78-2 do we need? I think we're up to 4, Original, 1.5, Kai, and OYW verison...now this 2.0...really what needs improvement once the OYW version came out? I though that kit was amazing.

Tweaked info from Gunota:

HG GN-X - July, 1,260 yen

Toys"R"Us Japan will be running a MG Weapon Parts Campaign: when you buy a MG kit over 3,000 yen and bring the receipt to the store's service counter, you get a Strike Gundam bazooka.

Must have had a ton of extra bazookas from the 2005 campaign:

Strike Gundam Bazooka - (10/2005) – Available to first 1000 entrants of Hong Kong's MG Gunpla Draw in October.

GM Kai Rifle - (10/2005) – Available to first 1000 entrants of Hong Kong's MG Gunpla Draw in October.

azrael - Yeah, I think the Impulse looks nice. Interesting how they have the Strike Noir parts attached in the top right corner. I also wonder if they will "milk the mold" for the Sword and Blast Impulses......meh, who am I kidding...of course they will! <_< They should be nice for once and release a "Version Up-style" set with the armaments and respective colors (Red=Sword and Green=Blast) to add to the original Impulse.

Hikuro - Maybe the new technology with this 2.0 means it will come already assembled!! :lol:

azrael - Yeah, I think the Impulse looks nice. Interesting how they have the Strike Noir parts attached in the top right corner. I also wonder if they will "milk the mold" for the Sword and Blast Impulses......meh, who am I kidding...of course they will! <_< They should be nice for once and release a "Version Up-style" set with the armaments and respective colors (Red=Sword and Green=Blast) to add to the original Impulse.

I think they are just showing that to tell us it can easily be modified to accept Striker packs.

• 2 weeks later...

I just assembled my third MG kit - and it also happens to be my favorite Gundam! Turn-A-Gundam! Now all I need to do is buy a toy farmer set and put Turn-A-Gundam into a field of cows!

24n2vc1.jpg

VFTF1

Just a question, is it possible to build a Sword Impulse from the MG kit that is coming out?

I also have hopes for a conversion kit otherwise, with Blast included. I always liked that design, but it was never popular.

Just a question, is it possible to build a Sword Impulse from the MG kit that is coming out?

I also have hopes for a conversion kit otherwise, with Blast included. I always liked that design, but it was never popular.

The only thing you'll need is the backpack for the Silhouette module.