I Need More Macross...

Raptor

...so, I guess there's no word on if there are going to be any new Macross anime any time soon?

Or has Kawamori lost interest all together?

...also, Nirvash Type Zero Spec 2 FTW!

383560[/snapback]

Kawamori does a Macross series when he feels like it. The man has other projects he wants to do ...besides Macross.

I´ve got to agree on this one , I mean , they ought to make a new (Mature, M+like) TV series; After all , Macross is 1/4 of a century old , that´s no small thing for a franchise nowadays in the anime industry, let alone in the industry in general .

I´ve got to agree on this one , I mean , they ought to make a new (Mature, M+like) TV series; After all , Macross is 1/4 of a century old , that´s no small thing for a franchise nowadays in the anime industry, let alone in the industry in general .

387757[/snapback]

I say the next series should be set druing SWI (TV series, not DYRL) but from a Meltrandi's (who is not Millia) point of view. I mean everyone digs hot giant women, right? And we'd get to see more Q-Rau action.

Eh... I think they should have another series set after Macross 7, if only to make Macross not fall into the trap of constant repeats, remakes, side-stories, and prequels that Gundam has...

Sequels > Side Stories

I'd rather see a new story with new characters, but at the same time see what happened to characters from previous stories...

Something around 2050 maybe? (well, besides VFX-2...)

give us some closure to Macross 7 (if only indirectly) but give us a new, more mature story (as much as I like M7...)... I would expect the world they settled on would be connected to Earth the same way Eden was in Plus, by then.

There are always enemies to fight/sing at! :D

What about Macross 0.5? A series that leads us through the end of the Anti-unification war and into the events of SWI?

Actually I think the series is ready for something more diabolical... especially if we're going to aim it more at adults. I'd be for a series that involved a colony mission running into a long lost colony of Protoculture. Someone that seemed to befriend to the colony-mission only to attempt to turn on them later. That sort of thing. Give us a hero who turns out to be evil and kills off one of the other characters the viewers have grown to love. You can throw in an idol singer too... have the evil guy fall in love with a human one and have that be his demise or somethin'. Eh, I'll stop before I start writing some fanfic.

PS - If BW was planning anything... wouldn't we have heard something by now?

Edited by jenius

PS - If BW was planning anything... wouldn't we have heard something by now?

387864[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that's what the Polish were thinking right up until September 1, 1939.

Replace BigWest with Germany, of course.

Man, just seeing those SRW alpha videos make me wanna see the whole series animated DYRL? style.

Of course I would want something new.

I believe that Macross was Shoji Kawamori's best. He will go back and think up of something to do. I want new fighters, of more use of the old ones, but I want a 50 ep series, full of non-repeated animation and battle goodness.

Like Gundam, Macross still has places to go, things to do. I can't wait for SK to do something. But hopefully, he will make it a more militaristic type of story.

I want the original done up again in DYRL style, with a twist, much like SEED was a tribute to the old Gundam UC, and then I want something new featuring the VF-11, VF-14, VF-9 too.

Edited by kensei

Personally im all for a new macross series, but aside from the m3 game, theres nothing really fleshed out between the end of SW1 and macross plus, a story set in that time line with sexy vf-4 action, and stuff would be awesome.

theres tons of stuff that can be explored, mecha to see animated(varible glaug anyone?).

now as much as i like gundam, in its various milkings i dont want to see macross go down that path, however another macross tv series would be a damn fine thing to see, and it would give yamato another excuse to take our wallets by making toys from said series.

A bit too deep don't you think? While a good idea, I don't see much happening in the action side of things. I mean there will be, but not from the point of the main character, as he isn't in the thick of things, he just fixes the planes.

But I'm up for a good show. Anything, as long as it has any of the existing fighters, nothing has to be new, and someone as cool as Roy.

I still think that they should animate VF-X2 though. You can go across the whole range of Macross fighters.

What if you were just some grease monkey trying to keep Valks in the air and all your friends and family are dead on Earth, thats all you know, and now some old Russian crony like Global is telling you there has to be peace between humans and Zentraedi?

Your buddies get killed by Millia and now shes strolling down the street with her baby and no one has slit her throat yet?

388335[/snapback]

That sounds like a great idea. Yeah, they should make a mini-series exploring inter-species relations a la Crash. Explore the prejudices of both the humans and the Zentradi.

HUMAN: You dumb ass Zentrandi, you rear-ended me! Where the f*ck you learn to drive? You better have insurance you pale-skinned motherf*cker!

ZENTRAN: You blake too fast!

Err, wasn't the war over by the time she had the baby?

I would have think she was the darling of the public by then (since she was 1. pretty and 2. defected).

Also, a Macross show with no love story/music isn't a Macross show.

Yeah, they should make a mini-series exploring inter-species relations

I don't think it would be a bad idea. Japan has had a long history of isolation from other cultures. This was a while back though, obviously things might be more progressive in current times. I 've read mixed race children weren't treated so great back then either.

388655[/snapback]

There's still a lot of extreme nationalism/racism that goes on. Heaven forbid if you're a mixed race child or black or brown. My friend who was in the JET program in UCLA told me about a time she went to the corner 7-Eleven there and the clerk wouldn't even acknowledge her because she happened to Filipino.

But yeah, I really like the whole inter-species relation angle. Why limit Macross to the action/mecha genre? It's such a great series and could evolve to even something greater.

Well I think it would be cool if they just did a movie version of Zero for crying out loud.

perfect timing:

-yamato toys coming out

-the increased exposure of zero

-fill in those gaps. (how did aries get hurt that she was bleeding?)

-different ending! (let the monster kick ass but have it so that the afos does the same trick as the protodevlin and destroys these in a way that doesn't pollute the place - environmentally friendly aliens)

-the low visibility VF1 appears in the last episode in a "what happens months later" vision explaining the events after the disapearance of shin :D

-leave the ending open ended (maybe show something to explain why ivanov was thought dead and have an anti un soldier communicate with a mysterious figure about the failure to capture the alien mecha. Maybe point to this idea that there are plants within the UNG who are still working to get revenge and who have sympathisers within all parts of the world)

then..

..maybe lead that ending into a series all about the first space war told from a war veteren aboard macross 7 who lost a friend, telling the story to his grand kid. Of course maybe this will be a way to get more history on global and hayes and perhaps some secrets about the alien technology will be revealed: there were alien ruins with details about transformation long before the ASS1 hit earth but the crash reawakened a desire to fill in the clues about what was already found on earth before it hit. (leading to the reasons for uniting earth to control that flow of information, which is the very reason the anti un fight so they can have it. Perhaps they have transformable vehicle designs before the ASS1 crash but have been hiding what they know from the UN all that time from the discovering of underground ruins. ie DYRL PC city under the sea. This might even explain some of the problems in the tv series about the fold drives disapearing: perhaps it was an "engineered accident" by one of the scientists who was blackmailed by anti un to tamper with the ship before it left off from earth.)

The series would be telling a side story of SWI but in the future. (where all the 50 years old secrets are revealed between the two sides - anti-UN vs UN, painting neither as the good guy, but showing how vf1 and vf0 came to be and why robot modes were thought so necessary and why such a rush for variable weapons. It would add filler to the existing macross Zero OAV that couldn't be included for time reasons. Maybe there were other experiments on the dead bodies of giants and programs to make an "organic robot" of some sort? This failed (too controversial for religious reasons? Not able to digsuise the technology amoungst the masses?) and they decided to incorporate transformation of fighter craft instead, and viola! We get the reason for humanoid robots rather than "cloned giant soldiers" which is the path the Protoculture went down. None of this secret technology in the tv series appearing due to having to be underground experiments of course. All those futuristic energy weapons you see in ep1 of SDF:macross will start to make more sense then.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I say the next series should be set druing SWI (TV series, not DYRL) but from a Meltrandi's (who is not Millia) point of view. I mean everyone digs hot giant women, right? And we'd get to see more Q-Rau action.

A series whose main character is part of an alien race with little to no personality, and who pilots a mech we've already seen plenty of times? Pass.

What about Macross 0.5? A series that leads us through the end of the Anti-unification war and into the events of SWI?

You mean Macross Zero? :huh:

If Kawamori and Big West are going to do a new Macross, I'd rather it be after Space War 1... either in the time period between Flashback 2012 and Macross Plus (great chance for Kawamori to fill in some of the gaps in the VF numbering and give us some finalized designs for stuff like the VF-16), or sometime after 2050 (brown VF-19A cannon fodder!), likewise with some new designs.

I'd prefer the series to be a bit more mature, militaristic, and gritty. I also tend to enjoy the Protoculture mythos, although I'd hope if they revist some of that mythos, they do us a shade better than Macross Zero and it's WTF ending.