Kaiyodo Revoltech Figures

wolfx

How'd you like the SOTA's? Which generation you have, 1 or 2? Big difference.

I prefer the 1st line of SOTA. I got both Ken's Sota one and two. They are cool.

But i haven't seen the high dream incarnations, any good? I'll see if i can see a pic online...

Hey ruskiiVFaussie, sorry for the late reply.

Here are some pics of the Sota and High Dream Ryus side by side.

post-4055-1201884672_thumb.jpgpost-4055-1201884694_thumb.jpg

The Sota Ryu is the new 2nd version by the way and HD figure runs under the Capcom vs. SNK moniker.

As you problably can see the face on the HD Ryu is kind of iffy. On the other hand Sota's hip ball joints tend

slightly spoil the flow of the overall figure. As for articulation they both have roughly the same amount.

Leg-wise I'd say the Sota one is ahead whereas the HD is better in the arm department.

Hey ruskiiVFaussie, sorry for the late reply.

Here are some pics of the Sota and High Dream Ryus side by side.

post-4055-1201884672_thumb.jpgpost-4055-1201884694_thumb.jpg

The Sota Ryu is the new 2nd version by the way and HD figure runs under the Capcom vs. SNK moniker.

As you problably can see the face on the HD Ryu is kind of iffy. On the other hand Sota's hip ball joints tend

slightly spoil the flow of the overall figure. As for articulation they both have roughly the same amount.

Leg-wise I'd say the Sota one is ahead whereas the HD is better in the arm department.

Hey! :D Thanks for taking the time to post a pic lechuck. :)

hmnmm yeah i think i prefer SOTA series 2 better over the High Dreams overall.

Can you do a haduken pose with the High Dream? (both positions - charge and release haduken?)

I mentioned before that i have SOTA series 1 and 2 Ken, and i prefer series 1 Ken over all (face sculpt first, and overall feel)

I modded both of them, i'll post some pics when i get round to doing it. (slacker)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

i just got the Rin ^_^

it's a step above the Rei, they used the bendy kind of plastic for the sweater & skirt

it gives slightly better articulation at the chest & has softer plastic for the arms & legs.

i was a little surprised to see how loose the joints are compared to previous releases, i guess it's the plastic & (lack of) paint in those areas. unlike the Rei, a lot of the parts are molded in the correct color instead of being painted

whoopee! ^_^

same issues with the Rei though, the shoulders tend to pop off. nothing a little CA glue can't fix B))

The new Ingram arrived today... some disappointment. The paint job is horrid, there are many scrapes and paint drops in the base coat of white, the red for the shoulder lights are outside of the lines, and the black on the forearms is just as poorly applied and does not conform the the molded area.

The head, chest, and legs have been re-sculpted. The leg for the new holster option, the chest has two little lights that are sticking up, and the head is now missing the two silver pistons that were on the original.

The new one has so many mold lines and pour spots visible. The head, center of the chest, and right leg are the most blatant.

I hope that I have the only bad one in the bunch because this new one is worlds apart for the revoltechs that I already have.

Looks like a good candidate for a battle damaged custom.

Anyone know what the real costs are (after shipping) from HLJ to Australia are for Revoltechs? HLJ has some useful info but it is still only an estimate. I've got a few Revoltechs from Empire Toys in Perth - they usually have them for around $40, but their range is limited and I don't actually get into the city that often.

Does Australia count as part of Asia for HLJ calculates shipping? Their site says Asian countries should expect to pay ~25% less for shipping than the quoted estimate.

Cheers

Hmm, well, if you just order one, it'll be around 580 yen for shipping via SAL. I ordered two before for 880 yen shipping via SAL, as well. Quite frankly $40 a pop is too steep to pay, that's almost equivalent to a price of two. =/ Those guys are making good money.

Anyone know what the real costs are (after shipping) from HLJ to Australia are for Revoltechs? HLJ has some useful info but it is still only an estimate. I've got a few Revoltechs from Empire Toys in Perth - they usually have them for around $40, but their range is limited and I don't actually get into the city that often.

Does Australia count as part of Asia for HLJ calculates shipping? Their site says Asian countries should expect to pay ~25% less for shipping than the quoted estimate.

Cheers

Don't think Australia = Asia dude. :lol:

Go HLJ.com, SAL is the last line of cheapo shipping out there, and can make it here in Oz in under a week if your lucky, 2 weeks at the most...

Try http://www.tamarket.com.au.

Don't think Australia = Asia dude. :lol:

Try http://www.tamarket.com.au.

Revoltechs from that site seem to be $32 upwards + shipping, so not any cheaper for me than going into the city...

Hideous price for the YF-19 w/Fold booster there - $345! :blink:

Price of convenience really getting them locally, plus I have no credit card so I'm somewhat stuck.

Revoltechs from that site seem to be $32 upwards + shipping, so not any cheaper for me than going into the city...

Hideous price for the YF-19 w/Fold booster there - $345! :blink:

Price of convenience really getting them locally, plus I have no credit card so I'm somewhat stuck.

HLJ's smallest box is about AU$6 and a Revoltech will fit in there easily.

HLJ accept credit cards, PayPal, money order or cashier's cheque.

F2F have some good deals too. They prefer PayPal.

Empire Toys are worse then Transfigure Toys. :angry:

HLJ's smallest box is about AU$6 and a Revoltech will fit in there easily.

HLJ accept credit cards, PayPal, money order or cashier's cheque.

F2F have some good deals too. They prefer PayPal.

Empire Toys are worse then Transfigure Toys. :angry:

Use your bank atm card that probably has a visa or mastercard logo. Even though its a debit card, you can ring it up as credit, dont pay those horrible prices

I use HLJ all the time (NSW), stuff gets here in 2-3 weeks in SAL, or more at xmas, but u know paypal can do payments now if u link savings accounts, you dont have to have a credit card, and HLJ is taking paypal these days?

wayyyy cheaper importing eVERYTHING it seems.....

Just go with SAL. Usually its about $10-12 shipping to the states for a medium size box. Yesterday I received a HLJ item that my wife ordered for me for x-mas.....too bad she mistakenly used EMS...for a small $14 item it was $19 shipping. EMS sucks!