I Want To See New Vf-2ss Models And Toys Be Made

Phalanx

I originally posted this topic in the wrong section but thank >EXO< for pointing out

where I should post my topic. I was wondering if any of you guys would want to for Hasegawa and Yamato produce a line model kits and action figures based off the mecha from macross 2. The mecha in this anime are off the jizzle and they well deserve to have models just like all of SK's valkyrie designs.

I was wondering if any of you guys would want to for Hasegawa and Yamato produce a line model kits and action figures based off the mecha from macross 2. The mecha in this anime are off the jizzle and they well deserve to have models just like all of SK's valkyrie designs.

374782[/snapback]

I totally agree. Even if they come in a smaller scale, say 1/60 or 1/72, I'd still get 'em. For now though, I guess we'd have to satisfied with the 1/100 VF-2S variable kit from BANDAI.

I hear yah, the Mac 2 Valks and Mecha Designs were all pretty top notch, but i just don't think there's enough of a Fan Base to warrant them making a large quantity of high quality toys for it. Which a damn shame, but also the bitter truth. <_<

Well, no one expected Yamato to make the VF-0S. But Yamato came through. Why? Because if you look at the demand and the sales records, which i'm pretty sure Yamato do, there is a profit to be made. After all, this time frame is just right to produce Macross toys as the 80's kids are now working professionals.

If I was Yamato or an entreprenuer, this is the right time to make mad money. In which Yamato is successful and accomplished that.

I'd love toys of the VF-2SS with SAP and VF-2JA. I've never cared for the Metal Siren though, the fighter mode is just so ugly.

It's probably not going to happen from Yamato though.

Graham

375045[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Well, no one expected Yamato to make the VF-0S. But Yamato came through. Why? Because if you look at the demand and the sales records, which i'm pretty sure Yamato do, there is a profit to be made. After all, this time frame is just right to produce Macross toys as the 80's kids are now working professionals.

If I was Yamato or an entreprenuer, this is the right time to make mad money. In which Yamato is successful and accomplished that.

I'd love toys of the VF-2SS with SAP and VF-2JA. I've never cared for the Metal Siren though, the fighter mode is just so ugly.

Graham

375045[/snapback]

375155[/snapback]

Macross zero did better than macross 2 in japan. That is why there is money to be made. You do realize that macross 2 did not do as well, and that Kawamori himself does not like it?

Either way I still want macross 2 valks. I'd LOVE to see what kaiyodo could do with them....they make some dynamic articulated toys....it'd be nice to see a sleek VF-2SS from them able to do the poses found in the cut scenes. Heck, I'd even take swap transformation!

I've never seen Mac2 and I'd kill for those 2SS in toy form.

I always use the Garland argument: I don't know how well did Mac2 in Japan, but I don't think it did worse than Megazone and here I am preordering the toy that I never though I'd see made.

I've heard many times that Kawamori hates Mac2. Is that a strong reason not to make those? Or there's other legal obstacles?

Edit: This was my small contribution to the cause of a perfect variable VF-2SS toy. Now it's the turn for Yamato to pick up the glove :)

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

I always use the Garland argument: I don't know how well did Mac2 in Japan, but I don't think it did worse than Megazone and here I am preordering the toy that I never though I'd see made.

I've heard many times that Kawamori hates Mac2. Is that a strong reason not to make those? Or there's other legal obstacles?

No offense to Megazone fans, but acquiring the Garland license was probably cheaper than the Macross license. From Toycom's old days, they said that Big West wasn't interested in selling toy licenses for individual Valkyries, rather they'd sell a license for the whole damn Macross franchise (minus M7, which Bandai had locked up). While Yamato could easily produce a VF-2SS toy, the question is will it sell well, and do they want to risk drawing Kawamori's ire. For another company like Kaiyodo, it probably boils down to whether you want to pay for an expensive license on a toy from an unpopular series?

Whether Macross II was popular or not is something that shouldn't matter, cause the Valks were bad ass. I also happen to like Macross II so :p . If Kawamori doesn't care for those Valks, then hell, why should he care if those Valks get made in toy form?

The Macross II Valks, more specifically the VF-2S and the VF-2J are effin hot, IMO. How would anyone not know how popular those Macross II Valks are if they don't even know that there's quite a lot of people who want them, me being one of them. Oh wait, how popular were the Bandai 1/100 VF-2S? Weren't those sold out on a continuous basis? Even if the production run was low, they always sold very well, and they were just models. Anything else I'm not getting?

painted up my VF-2SS SAP model pretty badly but i still love the mecha design. all of the mecha designs in Mac2 were unique, especially the enemy mecha. the destroids weren't too bad either.

as for g-man's comment on the Metal Siren, well, it's kind of true that it doesn't look very good but still a very cool mecha. ace pilot kills battleships/cruisers with it.

still holding out hope that eventually Mac2 mecha toys will appear. the silent fanbase needs to vocalize our wants and make the toy designers sit up and listen.

as much as i was playing devils advocate, I myself would want mac 2 toys, however impossible I think it may be.

The VF2SS was awesome yes, but no love for the VF2Ja? That looked like a futuristic F-14 only more badass with a nice bot mode AND more weaponry in standard mode than a VF-2SS(the VF2SS needed SAP for missles, the 2JA already had missle pods, plus the gerwalk mode is awesome it becomes an FSW!!).

And no love for the metal siren? I thought it was BADASS. All that weaponry, movable armor, big wings, reminded me of a hummingbird. Am i the only one that likes its aesthetics?

Yup, you know what's up! The VF-2SS was the bomb, hands down bro. I'll take that mecha over any other Macross mecha anytime. But to me, the story was a bit one the sour side though.

Whether Macross II was popular or not is something that shouldn't matter, cause the Valks were bad ass. I also happen to like Macross II so :p . If Kawamori doesn't care for those Valks, then hell, why should he care if those Valks get made in toy form?

The Macross II Valks, more specifically the VF-2S and the VF-2J are effin hot, IMO. How would anyone not know how popular those Macross II Valks are if they don't even know that there's quite a lot of people who want them, me being one of them. Oh wait, how popular were the Bandai 1/100 VF-2S? Weren't those sold out on a continuous basis? Even if the production run was low, they always sold very well, and they were just models. Anything else I'm not getting?

375480[/snapback]

Edited by Agent-GHQ

Nope, I did not know that. But I had a gut feeling that the Mac2 wasn't as popular as the MacZero. Same here in the States, I guess? And who cares whether Mr. K dislike the Mac2. What matter is his audience/fans. After all, we are the critique of his work. And that VF-2SS is by far a very suped-up and highly sophisicated mehca, hands down bro.

Graham

375045[/snapback]

375155[/snapback]

Macross zero did better than macross 2 in japan. That is why there is money to be made. You do realize that macross 2 did not do as well, and that Kawamori himself does not like it?

Either way I still want macross 2 valks. I'd LOVE to see what kaiyodo could do with them....they make some dynamic articulated toys....it'd be nice to see a sleek VF-2SS from them able to do the poses found in the cut scenes. Heck, I'd even take swap transformation!

375171[/snapback]

I've said it before and I'll say it again (hopefully this does not violate any rules or infringe on any proprietary legalities; if it does, Mods please delete). The best thing to do regarding the VF-2SS would be to Laser scan all the 1/100 model parts, import them into a solid modeling program to re-engineer the wings so they are able to sweep, break up the legs and arms SAP components so that they can be removable and not an integral part of the fighter, create all the missing pieces for the back pack and other features not present, and work out the transformation components' geometries so that the Valkyrie can be perfect transformation; next, build the resulting models in SLA, up-scaled to 1/60 or 1/48. Make Silicon molds of the SLA parts once they are fully post processed (wash, cure, prime, sand, prime, etc...), and make a Garage kits for all of those who are clamoring for this item to be made... I don't think a toy version will ever be made.

Valkyrie II fans would be lining up around the block for this.

Edited by mechaninac

If Kawamori doesn't care for those Valks, then hell, why should he care if those Valks get made in toy form?

I agree. It may not be canon but it is alternate universe (not rejected completely) so fans of that universe deserve some love too. :(

Maybe in future (when yamato become like another bandai) some small company will make these when we are too old to remember the show? :D

In some ways if it weren't for macross II we wouldn't have seen macross plus/7.

The fanbase for macross was probably expected to die by its creator anyway.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Sounds like you got it together. Care to lead this expedition? And for sure that there will be a long line as if it was Star Wars or something! :D

I've said it before and I'll say it again (hopefully this does not violate any rules or infringe on any proprietary legalities; if it does, Mods please delete).  The best thing to do regarding the VF-2SS would be to Laser scan all the 1/100 model parts, import them into a solid modeling program to re-engineer the wings so they are able to sweep, break up the legs and arms SAP components so that they can be removable and not an integral part of the fighter, create all the missing pieces for the back pack and other features not present, and work out the transformation components' geometries so that the Valkyrie can be perfect transformation; next, build the resulting models in SLA, up-scaled to 1/60 or 1/48.  Make Silicon molds of the SLA parts once they are fully post processed (wash, cure, prime, sand, prime, etc...), and make a Garage kits for all of those who are clamoring for this item to be made... I don't think a toy version will ever be made.

Valkyrie II fans would be lining up around the block for this.

375743[/snapback]

Sounds like you got it together. Care to lead this expedition? And for sure that there will be a long line as if it was Star Wars or something!  :D

375793[/snapback]

I have access to the solid modeler (Pro/E Wildfire 2.0) and the SLA machine (SLA 250 w/ solid state laser conversion) sporadically. Unfortunately, the 3D scanner and the facilities and know how to produce silicone molds and do the casting are not in my bag of tricks; add to that the limited amount of time to dedicate to such an endeavor and we have, pretty much, an exercise in futility on my end. :(

But you came close though.

Sounds like you got it together. Care to lead this expedition? And for sure that there will be a long line as if it was Star Wars or something!  :D

375793[/snapback]

I have access to the solid modeler (Pro/E Wildfire 2.0) and the SLA machine (SLA 250 w/ solid state laser conversion) sporadically. Unfortunately, the 3D scanner and the facilities and know how to produce silicone molds and do the casting are not in my bag of tricks; add to that the limited amount of time to dedicate to such an endeavor and we have, pretty much, an exercise in futility on my end. :(

376129[/snapback]

I'm also wishing that some toy compny would make it. I remember I even emailed toynami and sent some pictures to them. This is what they have said before.

Thank you for your inquiry. There are no current plans for the Mechs.

We

have considered it but at this moment it is undecided. Please check

back at

our website, www.toynami.com, at our news link for updates. Thank you

for

your continued support.

Best regards,

Customer Service

Toynami Inc

I'm also wishing that some toy compny would make it. I remember I even emailed toynami and sent some pictures to them. This is what they have said before.

Thank you for your inquiry.  There are no current plans for the Mechs. 

We

have considered it but at this moment it is undecided.  Please check

back at

our website, www.toynami.com, at our news link for updates.  Thank you

for

your continued support.

Best regards,

Customer Service

Toynami Inc

377366[/snapback]

How recent was this?

dude i would kill for some pos gashopan action of the vf 2ss, hell even bootlegs would get me out of bed and killing a good chunk of humanity just to get a couple

377536[/snapback]

I completely agree. Minus the killing part. Just kidding! Or am I?

VF-2SS RULES! Well, behind the VF-1, 17 and 4!

SNAP!